Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Dedicated Servers If You Are Seriously Going To Have Pvp

DarthRevan84

No excuses, No we don't have enough money. If your going to have PvP in a game for it to be fair 1 of 2 things. Either dedicated servers, or Region Lock the game. We cant have hosts that are from 6 countries away and have such horrible lag not because they have bad internet just because of the distance. Its something that needs to change.

They already are region locked. However, if someone in Asia decided to go to to NA region, well... what are we going to do? :P

Block thier IP from switching to US region? It would be as simple as looking at the localization of the game and removing from the options menu to switch to said regions.

Edited by DarthRevan84

Well if DE really doesn't  have the money to reliably fund dedicated servers no amount of putting your foot down is going to change that.

If they can't do it, they can't do it.

Its like demanding someone buy you a 3 course meal at a fancy, expensive restaurant when all they have is $5.

No amount of demanding is going change the fact they literally can't buy you that meal

If it happens, its not likely to be any time soon.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Well if DE really doesn't  have the money to reliably fund dedicated servers no amount of putting your foot down is going to change that.

If they can't do it, they can't do it.

Its like demanding someone buy you a 3 course meal at a fancy, expensive restaurant when all they have is $5.

No amount of demanding is going change the fact they literally can't buy you that meal

If it happens, its not likely to be any time soon.

Then the system needs to go back to being PvE until such time as they can bring us dedicated servers. Thats the responsible thing to do.

Then the system needs to go back to being PvE until such time as they can bring us dedicated servers. Thats the responsible thing to do.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Its not like DE is going to remove all traces of PvP till it happens, especially just after a massive update to the PvP system. Either way, seeing as DS conflicts have literally no benefit apart from lolz (if anything they're a burden) and no one actually gets any advantages, people can't really complain that less then perfect servers are unfair. The only reason to bother with PvP is for battle pay, which you get regardless of whether you win or lose, or simply for fun. Seeing as theres no ranking system or benefit, its neither here nor there really.

I can't see DE reverting anything for that reason.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Its not like DE is going to remove all traces of PvP till it happens, especially just after a massive update to the PvP system. Either way, seeing as DS conflicts have literally no benefit apart from lolz (if anything they're a burden) and no one actually gets any advantages, people can't really complain that less then perfect servers are unfair. The only reason to bother with PvP is for battle pay, which you get regardless of whether you win or lose, or simply for fun. Seeing as theres no ranking system or benefit, its neither here nor there really.

I can't see DE reverting anything for that reason.

People can most definitely complain that the lack of servers is unfair since it ruins the whole pvp experience. Some of us play it for the pvp aspect and not just battle pay and even if you do, you can't get that battle pay if you can't finish the match due to it being too laggy.

I

People can most definitely complain that the lack of servers is unfair since it ruins the whole pvp experience. Some of us play it for the pvp aspect and not just battle pay and even if you do, you can't get that battle pay if you can't finish the match due to it being too laggy.

I worded that badly. I ment complain from the POV of it providing unfair advantages etc.

Hopefully DE does get dedicated servers soon. But reverting back is not gonna happen.

I worded that badly. I ment complain from the POV of it providing unfair advantages etc.

Hopefully DE does get dedicated servers soon. But reverting back is not gonna happen.

I just want dedicated servers, period. This hosting system is absolute junk. My PC slows down when I host, and even though I have a decent PC it lags so hard it hurts other players as well. Don't get me started on BAD hosts. The entire game is co-op and hosting through players is not the way to go.

They need to include an option to pay, say, $10 a month for dedicated servers to host your games instead, with a 100 plat bonus. That's not a bad idea at all IMO, and would make sure supply stays with demand. If your PC is good enough to host without it, okay. If your internet is bad but don't want to pay it, okay. But if you have a lower-end rig and want to host faster, or are a hardcore player and want games with minimal lag, maybe that $10 would be appealing.