Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Warframe Slots

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Guest Tehnoobshow

Would you rather have every prime weapon be stuck behind an RNG lockbox? They have to make money somehow.

Warframe and weapon slots are just about the only thing players have to buy with real money in-game.  They have to make some money somewhere.

The max MR at the moment is what? 16 or 17?  That is 3 additional slots after hours of grinding so people wanting all the frames would still be buying slots.  Not to mention the extra plat they would sell (trading system comes into play here) for XP and various drop boosters.

Plus, since people would want to rank EVERYTHING to 30, player retention would go way up, wouldn't it?

The max MR at the moment is what? 16 or 17?  That is 3 additional slots after hours of grinding so people wanting all the frames would still be buying slots.  Not to mention the extra plat they would sell (trading system comes into play here) for XP and various drop boosters.

Plus, since people would want to rank EVERYTHING to 30, player retention would go way up, wouldn't it?

What he/she said.

+1 OP for choosing a reasonable number.

When I read the thread title I was like "Aw hell no."  Then I read the first post and was like "That's actually completely reasonable and I agree".

For what it's worth, you've got a +1 from me here.  Despite the fact that I'm the kind of player who always buys slots to keep everything anyways, I still think this is a good idea.

Edited to fix idiot style grammar mistake.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

I guess its somewhat reasonable however a bit silly.  I mean its just a bonus for leveling things I guess but the whole reason this slot argument comes up is because people don't want to throw stuff away.  And at with so few slots given is it even worth the time to implement and if it was implemented the community is going to push for more per 5 or lower the interval.

I guess its somewhat reasonable however a bit silly.  I mean its just a bonus for leveling things I guess but the whole reason this slot argument comes up is because people don't want to throw stuff away.  And at with so few slots given is it even worth the time to implement and if it was implemented the community is going to push for more per 5 or lower the interval.

Or they would push for more gear to level, which in turn would raise player retention.  Plus, the not wanting to throw things away is what would keep people buying slots anyway, there are 20 frames.

Plus, it would truly make everything, other than cosmetics, in the game obtainable for free.

I don't know, maybe its just me but I feel zero incentive to level things to get master rank to get an insignificant amount of slots.  I have all the current frames and done most of the weapons that interest me and I'm only to MR13.  Technically (for me) I have free slots for primes because ill just get rid of the old nonprimes and just buy a new slot if I want a new frame instead of trying to get to get to MR15 for a free one. As MR goes up you need just that many more weapons to grind and throw away for something free.

So no I don't think it realistically increases player retention but I won't say I'd throw the idea out because its just a bonus after all and nothing really changes.

I don't know, maybe its just me but I feel zero incentive to level things to get master rank to get an insignificant amount of slots.  I have all the current frames and done most of the weapons that interest me and I'm only to MR13.  Technically (for me) I have free slots for primes because ill just get rid of the old nonprimes and just buy a new slot if I want a new frame instead of trying to get to get to MR15 for a free one. As MR goes up you need just that many more weapons to grind and throw away for something free.

So no I don't think it realistically increases player retention but I won't say I'd throw the idea out because its just a bonus after all and nothing really changes.

That would give you two free frame slots already for new frames (not primes). Then you could put in the work to get a third at MR 15 or you could just purchase more.  It is pretty fair to everyone and doesn't make buying slots significantly less attractive.