The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Spoon Fed?

colb0lt

Implying it's in any way difficult to research volt. He's most definitely an appropriate starter frame.

I never implied its difficult to research Volt, but considering you brought it up, lets discuss it.

Depending on your clan, Volt may or may not be difficult to get. If your a ghost clan with only a few players who don't have the appropriate gear to get loads of keys, or do long survivals/defences in the hopes of getting Forma to build the dojo rooms, it can be difficult to get, however, for most players, getting a dojo and Volt/Zephyr/Banshee is just time consuming.

Making a dojo can be difficult, depending on your clan, so yes, it is correct to imply hes a difficult frame to get.

FYI in closed beta Volt was a starter frame anyway. He was actually much harder to get before the dojo even existed because it was purely RNG...

Banshee was pretty much the same way.

In fact in closed beta or early open beta. Volt was my first choice.

Kind of sad to see Loki go from the list of starters. but I suppose it's beneficial for new players.

It was considerably difficult to survive as Loki than other frames.

I never implied its difficult to research Volt, but considering you brought it up, lets discuss it.

Depending on your clan, Volt may or may not be difficult to get. If your a ghost clan with only a few players who don't have the appropriate gear to get loads of keys, or do long survivals/defences in the hopes of getting Forma to build the dojo rooms, it can be difficult to get, however, for most players, getting a dojo and Volt/Zephyr/Banshee is just time consuming.

Making a dojo can be difficult, depending on your clan, so yes, it is correct to imply hes a difficult frame to get.

Uh, wrong. You can get all the labs in a dojo with 10 forma and a couple thousand trash resources. I built my dojo by myself, and I was able to go from dojo key to volt in less than a week. For comaprison, it took me almost a month to get all the oberon drops when I first got him, and more than a hundred runs over the course of two weeks to get all the parts for ash (the damn helmet wouldn't drop)

Now, if you only play like an hour a week, maybe volt would be hard to get. But so would all the other frames. Your argument does not hold water sadly.

FYI in closed beta Volt was a starter frame anyway. He was actually much harder to get before the dojo even existed because it was purely RNG...

Banshee was pretty much the same way.

In fact in closed beta or early open beta. Volt was my first choice.

Kind of sad to see Loki go from the list of starters. but I suppose it's beneficial for new players.

It was considerably difficult to survive as Loki than other frames.

I think they removed Loki because he was way too viable in the end game.  There was never any reason to switch mains if you started as Loki.

I think they removed Loki because he was way too viable in the end game.  There was never any reason to switch mains if you started as Loki.

They removed him because he's really challenging to play without good mods, which new players don't have.

They removed him because he's really challenging to play without good mods, which new players don't have.

Sorry but that simply isn't true, regardless of what was said.  Mag is far harder to play than Loki in the early game, and she is still a starter. Mag is just not as OP as Loki in the end game. Not saying she can't hold her own in a few very specific situations, she just isn't on Loki's level.

Volt, Rhino, and Oberon should be the starters.

Uh, wrong. You can get all the labs in a dojo with 10 forma and a couple thousand trash resources. I built my dojo by myself, and I was able to go from dojo key to volt in less than a week. For comaprison, it took me almost a month to get all the oberon drops when I first got him, and more than a hundred runs over the course of two weeks to get all the parts for ash (the damn helmet wouldn't drop)

Now, if you only play like an hour a week, maybe volt would be hard to get. But so would all the other frames. Your argument does not hold water sadly.

Oh my, it seems you just implied Oberon is a hard frame to get when you totally didn't. Im going to bluntly deny you now with a situational and bias argument: I got my Oberon within 1 week of starting Warframe, true story. Because my situation is drastically different to yours, my point of view must be correct, and yours just a coincidence. /sarcasm

Ive gone through 10 void keys in a row without a Forma drop before. The whole lot is RNG. The Forma really is the killer for smaller clans if RNG isn't nice. It literally took our clan over a month to get a hold of Volt, and our Dojo still isn't done, we don't have all the functional rooms yet. One of our members has been playing for a month, and has not got 1 forma drop in their entire time playing. All their forma came from the 3-4 GoTF Forma that popped up after Devstreams.

RNG is a horrible person, and I want it to die alone, because it causes junk like this to happen, arguments that hinge on RNG denying people their Forma and Oberon blueprints.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

Oh my, it seems you just implied Oberon is a hard frame to get when you totally didn't. Im going to bluntly deny you now with a situational and bias argument: I got my Oberon within 1 week of starting Warframe, true story. Because my situation is drastically different to yours, my point of view must be correct, and yours just a coincidence.

Ive gone through 10 void keys in a row without a Forma drop before. The whole lot is RNG. The Forma really is the killer for smaller clans if RNG isn't nice. It literally took our clan over a month to get a hold of Volt, and our Dojo still isn't done, we don't have all the functional rooms yet. One of our members has been playing for a month, and has not got 1 forma drop in their entire time playing. All their forma came from the 3-4 GoTF Forma that popped up after Livestreams.

RNG is a horrible person, and I want it to die alone, because it causes junk like this to happen, arguments that hinge on RNG denying people their Forma and Oberon blueprints.

Are you for real?

Guest Tehnoobshow

Sorry but that simply isn't true, regardless of what was said.  Mag is far harder to play than Loki in the early game, and she is still a starter. Mag is just not as OP as Loki in the end game. Not saying she can't hold her own in a few very specific situations, she just isn't on Loki's level.

Volt, Rhino, and Oberon should be the starters.

How is Pulling things hard? Mag has a 25 energy nuke from the start. And there's even less reason to switch mains if you put Rhino as a starter frame.

Are you for real?

Of course not. Why else do you think im posting here defending the corner of a fictional character over his method of acquisition.

The conversation died when other person implied X frame (Volt, Oberon, any frame, pick one.) is hard to get. All frames are RNG based, even the clan dojo ones at the end of the day, so just saying someone's argument "doesn't hold water" doesn't work, when Warframe itself doesn't hold water, because the vessel holding the water, may or may not be there, because RNG decides not to spawn it, causing it to go all over the floor, staining the carpets of my lovely Dojo that isn't even finished, because RNG hates my Forma intake.

Of course not. Why else do you think im posting here defending the corner of a fictional character over his method of acquisition.

The conversation died when other person implied X frame (Volt, Oberon, any frame, pick one.) is hard to get. All frames are RNG based, even the clan dojo ones at the end of the day, so just saying someone's argument "doesn't hold water" doesn't work, when Warframe itself doesn't hold water, because the vessel holding the water, may or may not be there, because RNG decides not to spawn it, causing it to go all over the floor, staining the carpets of my lovely Dojo that isn't even finished, because RNG hates my Forma intake.

Back in my day I had to spend a good 5 weeks farming Xini for a single Banshee helmet blueprint. There wasn't even a Dojo back then.

Back in my day I had to spend a good 5 weeks farming Xini for a single Banshee helmet blueprint. There wasn't even a Dojo back then.

You win, you're more hard done by when it comes to RNG being nasty. In all seriousness, 5 weeks is pretty harsh. :I

You win, you're more hard done by when it comes to RNG being nasty. In all seriousness, 5 weeks is pretty harsh. :I

Back in the day, I only had to farm for two warframes, the rest I had all the parts for including Banshee. Saryn was the one that took too long. Nyx came fast. Go figure...

I'm still waiting on the Brakk Reciever...

and that goddarn despair. I found it then I got a GPU crash.

In all fairness. I'm not sure what Oberon is like to get for new players since I got him when Vay Hek was still a boss on Everest. Hydroid I can imagine being a load of @$$ for a lot of people since it's RNG behind RNG.

You're required to get him by farming beacons that may or may not drop...

Volt I don't know much about since he was what I had to start out with in early beta.

Edited by Sutherland

Oh my, it seems you just implied Oberon is a hard frame to get when you totally didn't. Im going to bluntly deny you now with a situational and bias argument: I got my Oberon within 1 week of starting Warframe, true story. Because my situation is drastically different to yours, my point of view must be correct, and yours just a coincidence. /sarcasm

Ive gone through 10 void keys in a row without a Forma drop before. The whole lot is RNG. The Forma really is the killer for smaller clans if RNG isn't nice. It literally took our clan over a month to get a hold of Volt, and our Dojo still isn't done, we don't have all the functional rooms yet. One of our members has been playing for a month, and has not got 1 forma drop in their entire time playing. All their forma came from the 3-4 GoTF Forma that popped up after Devstreams.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but your original point here was that you had trouble getting volt, so he should not be a starter frame?