Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Channel Button = Primary/secondary Charge/spoolup/altfire Button!

OrphanMaker

Hi, I have been thinking it would be great if the melee channel button was used for charging chargeable weapons. You could use this button to keep your Ogris, Bows, Angstrum, and etc charged. And when you let go of this button your weapons would just uncharge. This would allow you took keep your Ogris charge without worrying about blowing yourself up while releasing!

This button should also be used to keep your spin up weapons spooled. You could just hold this button, or toggle, to spool up your gorgon, supra, and soma. The cost for this could be a simple ammo drain. Like your ammo drains slowly while your gorgon, supra, or soma is fully spooled. When you release this button, or toggle, your weapon would simply slowly unspool.

With this the Gorgon and Supra, spool up sound effect could be brought back!

Ammo drain would be 1 bullet every 2 seconds, so to spool for 1 minute would cost 30 bullets and 30 seconds will cost 15 bullets. Granted you will only spool before encountering enemies the cost will be little to nothing. Unless you would like to keep you weapon spooled all the time to hear it make noise.

Tell me what you think.

I so think this could work!

ps This button could also be used to alternate firing modes! Like the bratons, and latron could use this button as a alternate fire button. You simply press this button to change your firing mode on your braton, like rifles, to burst fire! You would use this button to change your latron single fire to burst fire mode and so forth!

"Not all weapons would allow alt fire, like all weapons do not have windup, or charge.

Alternative

Gorgon, Soma, & Supra Spool Up While Zoomed In!

Hi, I have played many games with mini guns. The spool mechanic seems to be used as a penalty to keep these weapons from being over powered.

As of now there are weapons in this game that use spool up. They are the Gorgon, Soma, and Supra. Each are penalized by the spool up mechanic. The biggest problem here is that the spool up mechanic lack the pros that make it so useful and cool. On most games the player can spool up their weapons in two ways, and that is by firing the weapon and zooming in. We have the firing spool mechanic but we are missing the ability to spool our weapons simply by zooming in.

The ability to spool the gorgon, soma, and supra by zooming in will help these weapons to perform their sustained fire roles.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Angstrum has the mechanic of shooting when the charge is full and shouldn't be changed. You can uncharge anything by pressing reload button, even angstrum as long as it's not fully charged.

Spooling would be a good idea but I would never use it if it cost ammo.

We already have alt fire button so no reason to bring melee channel button to primaries and secondaries.

Angstrum has the mechanic of shooting when the charge is full and shouldn't be changed. You can uncharge anything by pressing reload button, even angstrum as long as it's not fully charged.

Spooling would be a good idea but I would never use it if it cost ammo.

We already have alt fire button so no reason to bring melee channel button to primaries and secondaries.

Whats the alt fire button?

I chose the ammo drain as a penalty. The spool, as of now, act as a penalty for large magazine weapons. It would work the same way as channeling works. I guess there could be some sort of ammo efficiency mod. But I feel as if the ammo penalty for keeping your gorgon spooled is very small. It would drain 1 bullet per second. 30 seconds = 30 bullets. That's nothing. But if that is too much, it could use 1 bullet every 2 seconds.

That would be a 30 bullet penalty per minute.

Edited by OrphanMaker

I chose the ammo drain as a penalty. The spool, as of now, act as a penalty for large magazine weapons. It would work the same way as channeling works. I guess there could be some sort of ammo efficiency mod. But I feel as if the ammo penalty for keeping your gorgon spooled is very small. It would drain 1 bullet per second. 30 seconds = 30 bullets. That's nothing. But if that is too much, it could use 1 bullet every 2 seconds.

That would be a 30 bullet penalty per minute.

Again, why? That literally makes no sense. Just make it so you have to move at a walk while you're spooling like in every other game with that mechanic.

Why would ammo drain while the gun is spooling? Just have it impose a movement penalty or something.

The gun would be using the ammo as an energy source to keep it self spooled. I guess the gorgon would use the accelerant with in the bullet to drive the motor. The spooling would drain from the ammo reserve not the magazine.

The gun would be using the ammo as an energy source to keep it self spooled. I guess the gorgon would use the accelerant with in the bullet to drive the motor. The spooling would drain from the ammo reserve not the magazine.

That literally makes no sense -__-

Again, why? That literally makes no sense. Just make it so you have to move at a walk while you're spooling like in every other game with that mechanic.

I did not want to impose a mobility penalty for spooling your weapon, but to me the mobility penalty would work just fine. If it limited the mobility by a small margin. You must remember this is a ninja game. People highly value their mobility. Hindering people mobility is the same as giving people an accuracy penalty for running, jumping, or wall running while shooting.

Edited by OrphanMaker

I did not want to impose a mobility penalty for spooling your weapon, but to me the mobility penalty would work just fine. If it limited the mobility by a small margin.

Just have you be forced to move at an aiming pace while spooling. That's how it usually is.

You must remember this is a ninja game. People highly value their mobility. Hindering people mobility is the same as giving people an accuracy penalty for running, jumping, or wall running while shooting.

Well the problem is there's no real reason to waste ammo spooling either. It doesn't really provide any significant benefit to gameplay.

^ I guess the other way to do the spooling is to make all spooling weapon fully spool while zooming in. Like the gorgon, soma, and supra would spool up and stay spooled up while zoomed in, and when you unzoom it starts to spool down, like regularly, unless you are still firing.

Edited by OrphanMaker

I'm all for a spool up mechanic on the Gorgon and Supra. Not sure how I'd feel about it on the Soma, as it's sort of the Jack of all Trades gun for players to crutch on until they find their better niche weapon, as there's quite a few end-game guns that out-damage the thing at late-game. 

What we really need is an actual minigun with worthwhile stats, rather than the usual market/dojo fodder we keep getting three times a month. 

Before anyone jumps on me about it not fitting the 'Ninja' aesthetic (not many have been trying to play that card but I know there's still a few out there.) I'd like to kindly ask you to take a look at the majority of the weapons available to us. 

Rocket Launchers, Nail Guns, Automatic bullet spewing Pistols, War-Hammers, exploding Ninja Stars, the three guns this topic is about even. 

Back more on point, I just don't think the Supra or Gorgon do the minigun style of weapon justice and their stats are pathetic. 

What we need...

Is this:

I'm all for a spool up mechanic on the Gorgon and Supra. Not sure how I'd feel about it on the Soma, as it's sort of the Jack of all Trades gun for players to crutch on until they find their better niche weapon, as there's quite a few end-game guns that out-damage the thing at late-game. 

What we need...

Is this:

Thanks good Video, I can watch this all day.. Heck I can listen to this all day!

I think we need more mini guns. My Ideas is we have a Gorgon 2.0, and Gorgon 3.0. Next a Supra 2.0 and Supra 3.0. I wish had really good models skills because I would have made the model by now (I will make them in a couple of weeks or so). But yeah we do need more Miniguns and LMGs.

The Soma is a LMG. The Gorgon and Supra are miniguns. All three have spool up. The spool-up on the soma needs to be removed.

Miniguns should come with 200 round magazines. LMGs should come with 100 round magazines.

ps Did you know the Gorgon used to have a wind up, and wind down sound effect? I don't know why it was removed.. It was so cool!