Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Post-14.1.3 Firewall Error, Barren Friends List And Chat Issues Megathread

Etsoree

Been online for roughly 20 minutes and my chat box has failed to load whatsoever after the hotfix. I've been in a mission and there's just a loading icon with no tabs and a grey/black box.

Logging in and out fixes it, for now, though.

2lq6x2.png

EDIT:

Designated as the megathread for all firewall error/barren friends list/chat issues post-14.1.3, the symptoms are:

1. Chat is down, only shows an loading icon

2. In your friends list, you are the only one online, everyone else is offline

3. Extremely difficult to get in a squad using public matchmaking, making the game solo mode for now

4. You get a firewall error upon login, telling you that UDP ports 3960 and 3962 need to be open, even if your firewall shows then as open/disabled your firewall, you've already port forwarded manually and you did not change any setting before hotfix 14.1.3

-Tulzscha

Edited by Tulzscha
mergemergemerge

I don't know why, but chat is not working. Not sure if it is only me. I tried restarting the game, but didnt work.

6z1n35.jpg

EDIT1: It is working now.

EDIT2: It is not working again lol...

EDIT3: It worked again lol, well this is my last edit.

Edited by xJoseMiguelx

You're not the only one, although the people experiencing this are definitely in the minority. I've been having this problem since two days after U14 released, and am kinda pissed off since I can't use the Trade or Recruiting channels, which means no vault runs for Mirage quest ciphers and no Kubrow template trading...

This happens to me aswell, tried checking if it's a firewall issue but it's not because it was always working prior to update 14, it's really annoying because you can't communicate with anyone especially in game unless DE changed the ports for the chat?

I've been dealing with this for about 3 days. Mine finally connected yesterday but now it's not working again. I've done pretty much everything i can think of. Opening both the TCP and UDP ports, making Firewall exceptions, pretty much everything Grander.Alderman has done in his other two posts about the same issue. However I also always get the "Please ensure your firewall permits UDP ports xxxx & yyyy" message, even when the chat does connect, despite it having full access to the proper ports.

I got the same error and did everything the support person told me to do, still nothing. Quite annoying since I spent so much time and money on this game.

What exactly did they tell you to do? 

I tried contacting them, but it seems whenever I log in support is under extreme load...

Edited by Grander.Alderman

Hello, im starting this topic because i seem to be the only one having this problem and have no clue how to fix it? When i log into warframe everything is fine, but when i try to open up my chat window, nothing appears, only a small loading circle in the top corner of the chat window, There arent even any tabs that appear. Iv sent several messages to warframe support but they seem to be very busy and unable to assist me at this time :/ I was wondering if someone else would be able to help me out? MY IGN Is Lust Of Loki , my name in game has been changed 2 times. not by me but by the dev team of warframe, not sure if that might have something to do with it. Would highly appreciate any feedback on this, Thank you.

Oh my bad :/ This is my first time using the warframe forums, I never knew there were sections lol I wish there were some way i could re-connect to the chat servers :( But i dont have a clue as to how?

Edited by Lust of Loki

Seems you are having issues with connectivity.

Most likely this is due to your connection (The times it has happened to me it has been because of problems on my end). The only thing i can really suggest is that some sort of setting may be throttling your access to the chat, and to have a look there.

Really can't help more than that without knowing more sorry.

Ok that makes sence, ill try fiddling with the settings and see what happens, btw my name has been changed twice by the dev team if that would have to do with anything :/ iv also tried completly re updating the game, by uninstalling and re downloading and the problem still persists, Im using the razer blade pro gaming laptop, and i have high speed wifi, i dont see why this error could be happening to me? I was even going to buy the 50$ Package this morning till i saw this :'(

So the problem still persists :/ I cant seem to fix this problem... does anyone else have a clue as to how this can be fixed? Highly appreciated if someone can help me. im even willing to pay money to the one who solves this for me...

Quite a few things as I have been in contact with them for a week or two now.

- they asked for my Dxdiag and EE files

- verify and defrag my launcher

- manually reset the TCP/IP

- add warframe as an exception for firewall and antivirus

- uncheck automatic configuration script for internet options

- disable UPnP in warframe as well as router settings

- open up ports (i.e. portforwarding)

Did everything and when I said it didn't work, we went back to the internet options thing and firewall... Which by the way didn't work as I already have them configured the way they wanted me to.