Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Etsoree

The Post-14.1.3 Firewall Error, Barren Friends List And Chat Issues Megathread

So this problem is still happening to me im unable to use the chat window at the bottom of my screen, it just keeps loading and never ends, i have uninstalled the game and re updated it, my name has been changed twice and my current one has spaces in it, iv never really seen someone with spaces in thier name and am wondering if it is my name that has been messing it up? Any feedback is highly appreciated

Thanks DE ! I can't whisper anymore and whatever i write in the chat no one can see it ... Fix this please the chat is an important thing i can't play solo forever -_- 

Happening to me as well, I'd say it's bugged about 95% of the time. Makes joining/selling/buying nearly impossible.

I somehow managed to just get this problem. It may have started up when I lost connection to the chat server. Whatever the cause is, I hope that it gets fixed soon. 

Here's a random screenshot of it. I dunno if it's anything like what you guys have been experiencing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294189018

Edit: It appears that the issue went away when I restarted my client. This is perhaps one of the more strange things that I've come across so far. 

Was given this error:

"Failed to connect to chat server: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
ERROR 10061"

Now all that is shown is a connecting circle in the top left of chat window and an out of place scroll bar on the right.

Chat has been like this since then and wont respond. Restarted the game several times and made no difference.

Same here. My chat is completely blank ad the blue ring trying to load it. its been happening for an hour now.

When I log in there is currently only a loading symbol for the chat and no chat tabs so is it down or what?