Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Etsoree

The Post-14.1.3 Firewall Error, Barren Friends List And Chat Issues Megathread

Answers at current point in time:

Chat not working              -  Not your problem.  Everyones down.  Server issue
Grouping not working       -  Not your problem.  Everyones down.  Server issue
UDP Port error message  -  Not your problem. Dont mess with your router.  Wait until RedTextGod updates us.

Can a mod put this on the first post so can anyone actualy see and update when the problem is resolved?Much apreciated.

Errr im not sure i havnt seen this firewall message im just having a buged out chat are they connected and i dont think we will see a update for this till tuesday seein how support is closed monday

*Sigh* I think it's time to take a loooong break again... this update has been nothing but trouble =/

im getting the same problem right now i did all firewall stuff i even turned my firewall off and still same thing its just server side hopefully they will fix it soon.

please if any powers that be can see the problems people are having and can also see that we cant communicate with you about please at least let us know you are looking into it and let them/us know its not our end i.e udp ports ect and try to reasure us that your on the ball on this ty .

ok, my chat hasn't been working for the past two days it's getting annoying...how do I fix this? Thanks for the help.. 

ok, my chat hasn't been working for the past two days it's getting annoying...how do I fix this? Thanks for the help.. 

Best thing i can suggest is either play another game or play solo and wait till they fix the issues were all having.

please if any powers that be can see the problems people are having and can also see that we cant communicate with you about please at least let us know you are looking into it and let them/us know its not our end i.e udp ports ect and try to reasure us that your on the ball on this ty .

And welldone to to those that are trying to help thanks :)

EDIT:

Designated as the megathread for all firewall error/barren friends list/chat issues post-14.1.3, the symptoms are:

1. Chat is down, only shows an loading icon

2. In your friends list, you are the only one online, everyone else is offline

3. Extremely difficult to get in a squad using public matchmaking, making the game solo mode for now

4. You get a firewall error upon login, telling you that UDP ports 3960 and 3962 need to be open, even if your firewall shows then as open/disabled your firewall, you've already port forwarded manually and you did not change any setting before hotfix 14.1.3

-Tulzscha

Thank you for the thorough summary of symptoms, have relayed to dev! 

Thank you for the thorough summary of symptoms, have relayed to dev! 

Bless you and thank you for your efforts .

The chat menu wouldnt load , when i analyze net work it says Firewall permitting UDP ports 3960/3962 is this problem from my side or DE's side ?

Is there any est time this will take to fix?.

Don't think anyone except those who're involved with chat server operation could say.

It may need a hard chat server reset, or it might be something simple and relatively easy.

Or it could be something else entirely.

Also: thread locked because official thread is up; direct discussions here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/281570-august-1-2-chat-issues/