Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Wondering Why Do Pc Gamers Hate Console Gamers

(PSN)Naughtyboy168

Well this shouldn't really go in feedback.

Anyways, there's a small group of console players who like to think that the console game has been singled out and persecuted by DE because of slow updates/exclusives/whatever, and this has caused an attitude among PC players that console players are childish and whiny.

It's nonsense, you get childish people and mature people on both consoles.

PC gamers merely get annoyed with the PS4 gamers who are angry that its build is behind the PC and for some reason feel that trying to make PC gamers feel bad will resolve it.

In most cases though, we don't really hate eachother.

Several reasons:

Game designers build around consoles. Consoles are weaker than PC's in terms of processing power, so they often don't make games as nice looking as they could. If consoles didn't exist, PC's would get better games.

Same thing applies for the controls. Consoles have a very limited selection of buttons. PC's often have oversimplified controls that require way more clicks than otherwise needed. We wouldn't get these if designers didn't build around consoles.

This is just my personal gripe- If you like controllers, you can hook a controller up to the pc and play with it. Those of us who like keyboards and mice can't hook those up to a console to play. We have to use the controller. Controllers don't offer as fine level of control as mice do, nor as many buttons as keyboards do.

Now these are the reasons why I hate consoles. I don't hate the players, I just hate the consoles. I would rather not play than play on a console. 

Edited by Blastcut

Same thing applies for the controls. Consoles have a very limited selection of buttons. PC's often have oversimplified controls that require way more clicks than otherwise needed. We wouldn't get these if designers didn't build around consoles.

Did you watch the devstream? They specifically said that their intent is to build a PC-first UI and game.

Well this shouldn't really go in feedback.

Anyways, there's a small group of console players who like to think that the console game has been singled out and persecuted by DE because of slow updates/exclusives/whatever, and this has caused an attitude among PC players that console players are childish and whiny.

It's nonsense, you get childish people and mature people on both consoles.

ya that's true 

Did you watch the devstream? They specifically said that their intent is to build a PC-first UI and game.

I'm pretty sure he's not talking specifically about warframe here

-Edit: Plus, warframe is not a console port, it was built on PC

Edited by double0gamer

I don't have console gamer, I hate the Console War mindset that is spawned by the competitive console generation constantly trying to just outsell and outprofit each other at the cost of the consumer, releasing new machines with no way to play older games for OUTRAGEOUS PRICES with little-to-no upgrades to the machine itself in terms of ACTUAL gaming.

At least with a PC you only have to update when the actual GAME technology forces you to.

I don't have console gamer, I hate the Console War mindset that is spawned by the competitive console generation constantly trying to just outsell and outprofit each other at the cost of the consumer, releasing new machines with no way to play older games for OUTRAGEOUS PRICES with little-to-no upgrades to the machine itself in terms of ACTUAL gaming.

At least with a PC you only have to update when the actual GAME technology forces you to.

yup that's true sucks that you can't play older games on the next-gen consoles 

haha hell my laptop is more next-gen then the consoles hahaha

I dont think people hate the console, I think it's because console players often are mis-informed or like to create false reasons as to why pc gaming sucks, then people start throwing reasons that Consoles suck, and so on and so forth...

1.  For most of their respective history, console games have been really simplistic.  Oh and full of 'do it again stupid' gameplay.  Mainly because console have been the go-to platform for casual gaming.  Not that there's anything wrong with this, but back when a 'cheap' PC could only be gotten for 3-4 times what a console sold for (not including peripherals and monitor) this is what you played on (when you weren't at the arcade).

2.  Except for a brief period at the beginning of this century (when it really looked like consoles would eclipse PC on hardware/price ratios and they started coming out with games beyond the standard 'Street Fighter' clones and JRPG's) consoles have been holding us back.  Skyrim was gimped in sooo many ways to get it to run on the Xbox and PS3 - ways that were carried over to the PC port.  Hell, at release Bethesda didnt even bother to set the LAA switch, a simple software setting that would allow the 32 bit exe to access 4 GB of RAM - simply because the Xbox and PS3 *didn't have* 4GB of RAM (and 4+ was pretty standard for mid-range PCs at the time).

3.  There are things a gamepad does well and things it does poorly.  UI designed for gamepads tends to be F***-hard to use with a M/KB.

4.  There are 'cultural' design axioms that are different between consoles and PC's.  How many console guys don't mind save checkpoints?  That S#&$ is @(*()$ anathema to PC gamers.  Checkpoints were a hardware kludge for console games because (in the pre-history of consoles, ie before the Xbox and PS3, they didn't have harddrives so didn't have the memory to spare to save games at will).  PC gamers have been using save-at-will for 3 decades now.  Its just expected.

Now there are some good things to come out of this.  The limited buttons on a gamepad force a developer to thing through a powerset and not just throw in 10 marginally different copies of the same spell because 'F*** it, we got the buttons'.

But, in general its just a big pain in the arse for us.

In summary, we really don't hate you, but mixing PC chocolate and Console peanut butter doesn't give us Reese's peanut butter cups, it just give us the worst of both platforms.

Fixed. That's not always true, plenty of younguns on PC these days.

Yep, and that's exactly where all this hatred originates from, (not the PC, not the Console) young children that can't accept the truth and therefore start shouting at each other. Rarely you'll see mature players arguing over these kind of things

Yep, and that's exactly where all this hatred originates from, (not the PC, not the Console) young children that can't accept the truth and therefore start shouting at each other. Rarely you'll see mature players arguing over these kind of things

This. I couldn't care less what system someone plays on or if my games are different because of console...they're all just games.

I love it when console players say there console games are better than P.c / a.k.a faster f.p.s / gfx / and so on do they not know that console games are PROGRAMED on a p.c. and coded 

i know right there S#&$ is the final product of our S#&$