Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Wondering Why Do Pc Gamers Hate Console Gamers

(PSN)Naughtyboy168

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a PC elitist.  I mean, why would you want to play on anything else if you're as into gaming as I am? 

Anywho, yeah, the idiotic console kiddies who blame DE for Sony's anal retentive grip on updates really, really irks me.  It showcases an idiocy and lack of understanding of how anything works.  Case in point; it offends me - and is just obnoxiously stupid. 

To add to the 'hold us back' bit - the PS4 and XB1 are, *right now*, comparable to a high mid-range, low high-range PC.  And they're expected to have a 10 YEAR lifecycle. 

If you recall, outside of the harddrive, basically the XB360 and PS3 got squat for upgrades during their lifetime.  PC users are typically able to upgrade their GPU *at least* once during a 5 year period.

I'd like to imagine PC/console bashing to be a bandwagon meme, everybody hops on and joins the arguments. There's even macro images used to spur it on.

On a serious note:
I'd say the reason PC gamers dislike console players is because consoles have a few blaring disadvantages over PC. From my experience, I couldn't play some games on the playstation because it lacked a certain model or whatever that was compatible with the game. Are you familiar with Legend of Dragoon? I couldn't play it during the time of the first playstation for this reason. I believe the PS2 had a similar problem as well.

Another problem with consoles is that they cannot internally be modified, in fact breaking into the console physically results in losing any warranties you might've had for it. PC? If you need a new graphics card or want to upgrade your RAM, just pop off the cover and install the components. Microsoft isn't going to go crazy if you do it.

While there are some console exclusive games that are awesome, PC can also mod most games. Bethesda is a major endorser of modding, oftentimes leaving their games very buggy and lacking of content just so they can give modders some fun in making their own stuff. Look at skyrim and its mod community, and tell me if you think Bethesda made the right decision.

This is just both observation and experience, I'm not bashing consoles just because I'm part of the bandwagon.

Edited by Pizzarugi

I sincerely do not know, but all I know is that sooner or later, this thread will have members in it arguing about which is better, with poop thrown from both sides. 

Can't say. Probably lots of reasons.

Welcome to the Internet.

PC gamers merely get annoyed with the PS4 gamers who are angry that its build is behind the PC and for some reason feel that trying to make PC gamers feel bad will resolve it.

In most cases though, we don't really hate eachother.

Pretty much these.

Going to lock to prevent derailing/bickering.