Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pausing The Game No Longer Works In Solo Mode (Intentional?)

carbondragon

So, as someone who has a full college schedule 9 months out of the year, I have to play in Solo mode quite often due to schedule conflicts and being able to play the game during homework breaks.

However, it seems that the pause functionality of the game in Solo mode has broken, and the game no longer pauses when the Escape key is pressed. I've confirmed that I am, indeed, in Solo mode, as when I click the large "+" icon at the top of the screen to invite another player, I get the following message:

"You are currently playing in SOLO mode. Please change your Matchmaking Mode in the Settings screen if you wish to invite players to your squad."

If someone could please look into this if this was an unintentional change, I'd really appreciate it. I often play missions in parts during particularly intense homework sessions to help me de-stress between problems, and not being able to pause means this is no longer possible.

If, however, this change was intentional to prevent players from clogging up the servers with Solo mode missions, would someone just let me know?

I've been out of classes over the summer and haven't played on Solo due to not having any real schedule issues with my friends who play, so I hadn't really noticed when this change took place. I do, however, remember that I was able to pause the game at some point after the release of the new UI.

Thank you.

When you switch to Solo mode while already in a squad (like you use the Navigation then switch), you won't leave the squad. Exiting Navigation should then remove you from the squad, and reusing it will keep you in proper Solo.

When you switch to Solo mode while already in a squad (like you use the Navigation then switch), you won't leave the squad. Exiting Navigation should then remove you from the squad, and reusing it will keep you in proper Solo.

Huh, strange. I was never in a squad during the session where I couldn't pause. However, I'm currently sitting on a regular mission on Pluto in Solo and able to pause to watch television.

The missions where I realized that I couldn't pause was an Alert, specifically the Gift of the Lotus mission yesterday. Would the fact that the bugged mission was an Alert have something to do with it?

I'd like to tack onto this bug with something a bit odd is that people are ABLE TO JOIN YOUR SQUAD even when set to Solo mode. You cannot invite, but I had someone join my squad whilst set to solo mode... of course we were both in our Lisets at the time. But still... serious wtf?

I'd like to tack onto this bug with something a bit odd is that people are ABLE TO JOIN YOUR SQUAD even when set to Solo mode. You cannot invite, but I had someone join my squad whilst set to solo mode... of course we were both in our Lisets at the time. But still... serious wtf?

Um, wow DE. Fix your game mode please? Did you try to join a mission with them (assuming they were friends or whatever)? I'd like to know if it's really that broken, or it was just the server not realizing you were in Solo.

On an update note to my OP, Alerts don't seem to have anything to do with it. There's an alert on Apollodorus on Mercury right now that I'm sitting in as I type this, and my game is totally paused.

Edited by carbondragon