Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Helping Players - Best Answer Feature Testing And Troubleshooting

Letter13

Question

Just testing the new feature.

Players Helping Players threads now allow the thread starter to mark a "Best Answer" (Mark Solved) post, which will be displayed at the top of the thread as well as add a green tag on the thread name in the forum list.

What an "Answered" thread looks like in the Players Helping Players forum:

540e201f41d7c6fcf14af602dc6c3262.png

------------------------------

How a thread starter can select the best answer in their own thread created in Players Helping Players:

VrgN7jh.png

15 answers to this question

This is a test answer post; when the thread starter clicks the "Mark Solved" button on a players helping players post (next to the quote button) it brings the post up to the top for all to see.

Following is a screenshot; not an additional post

VrgN7jh.png

Please excuse the missing wee-bitty icons and slightly awkward answer-selection formatting at the top of the thread. It's still in testing and probably needs a bit of fixing.

Very nice.

Looked wonky for a sec because I thought the forum was doing a weird double post, but you just included a screenshot of the other post from imgur. The top is just showing us one post, not two. (Right?)

Edited by VKhaun

I like this a lot. Will this be limited to PhP only?

No idea. I could see this as being something that could be implemented in the Bugs subforums too (i.e. if someone is suffering from a certain bug that gets fixed w/o a patch, like verifying files, updating drivers, etc).

Maybe not all of the bugs subforums, but some of them for sure.

Would have to ask [DE]Drew or any of the forum staff.

Looked wonky for a sec because I thought the forum was doing a weird double post, but you just included a screenshot of the other post from imgur. The top is just showing us one post, not two. (Right?)

Screenshot, yes. Put it in spoiler to avoid confusion