Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Belt-Fed Grineer Manchinegun!

Seox

Warframe has a few light machine guns (supra/gorgon/soma), but what it REALLY needs is TWO HUNDRED ROUNDS OF PURE MANHOOD.

Sure, we can run around with wimpy box-mag fed symbols of our fear of THIS:

RamboIIM60E3-3.jpg

BUT WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT THAT?

The Ma(n)chine Gun could fill a new role, really emphasizing the elements of the other machine guns that are underplayed in other guns - absurd (200 round) magazine, very punishing reload, etc. It'd probably help to give it a few unique mechanics to avoid making it too powerful (terribad accuracy while moving, maybe?) - something to really hammer down on the role it ought to play so that it doesn't simply become the meta due to its capacity and damage. 

This'd make the puny supra/gorgon/soma more of a stopgap between assault rifles and true machine guns and would add some much needed diversity to the primaries of the game.

But more importantly....

hqdefault.jpg

MANCHINE GUN.

Warframe has a few light machine guns (supra/gorgon/soma), but what it REALLY needs is TWO HUNDRED ROUNDS OF PURE MANHOOD.

RamboIIM60E3-3.jpg

The Ma(n)chine Gun could fill a new role, really emphasizing the elements of the other machine guns that are underplayed in other guns - absurd (200 round) magazine, very punishing reload, etc. It'd probably help to give it a few unique mechanics to avoid making it too powerful (terribad accuracy while moving, maybe?) - something to really hammer down on the role it ought to play so that it doesn't simply become the meta due to its capacity and damage. 

This'd make the puny supra/gorgon/soma more of a stopgap between assault rifles and true machine guns and would add some much needed diversity to the primaries of the game.

But more importantly....

hqdefault.jpg

MANCHINE GUN.

Yelp, couldn't say it better!

How about a belt fed that is inaccurate past close range because its fired from the hip but it has a folded up tripod that you press a button and deploy and it becomes more accurate as a result?

I think that mechanics like this (intangible differences beyond simple stat changes) would be a great way to further diversify future weapons like this. That'd be awesome [:

How about a belt fed that is inaccurate past close range because its fired from the hip but it has a folded up tripod that you press a button and deploy and it becomes more accurate as a result?

It's ideas like this that make me NEED IT!!!

I'm also thinking this bad boy should do insanely high puncture damage so it just shreds through armor: the manliest of all health buffs. Should also have a decent proc chance. Default reload time should be at least 8 seconds.

Edited by Kestral9999

RamboIIM60E3-3.jpg

But more importantly....

hqdefault.jpg

MANCHINE GUN.

I've been saying this is what I wanted! Great post! And the supra/gorgon/soma are indeed weak and effete. Bring back the Man's Gun!

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

We need the LMG and Minigun class of weapons better defined and extended on. LMGs and Miniguns should not be in the assault-rifle class. LMGs and Miniguns need their own class, and mods.

This. Especially considering how slow-paced the game gets when you do any mission that isn't offensive in nature (such as a Rescue, Defense, M. Defense--anything not built for goddamned rushers). Having a proper machinegun would really help solidify defenses, especially in chokepoints such as on Ceres. The long-as-balls reload times and poor accuracy when not prone/deployed (especially if they're gonna be toted around like Manbo up there does it) would offset the huge mag capacity and fire rate.

It's ideas like this that make me NEED IT!!!

I'm also thinking this bad boy should do insanely high puncture damage so it just shreds through armor: the manliest of all health buffs. Should also have a decent proc chance. Default reload time should be at least 8 seconds.

yes good

we shall use it as a tool of celebration

Akmanchinegun Prime confirmed.

Only usable on male frames.

Female frames explode from consecutive orgasms upon contact.

Single machineguns are more practical anyway, don't need to set 'em both down and perform a juggling act to reload them.

Besides, female frames have a huge advantage over male frames in that regard--the ammunition drums aren't dangling around just waiting to be shot at and asploded by giggling Ballistae.

Single machineguns are more practical anyway, don't need to set 'em both down and perform a juggling act to reload them.

Besides, female frames have a huge advantage over male frames in that regard--the ammunition drums aren't dangling around just waiting to be shot at and asploded by giggling Ballistae.

Well, I was clearly just joking lol. I'm by no means a sexist nor do I negate the impracticality of dual wielding machine guns. 

Like Supra not firing fast enough....

More like Supra not doing S#&$ worth of damage against anything but Corpus even when fully forma'd.

What gave you the impression I said that?

I guess I was hastily and unnecessarily defending myself, my bad lol.

I guess I was hastily and unnecessarily defending myself, my bad lol.

Don't get me wrong, the constant relation of the light machinefun to exclusively MANLY-MAN MEN is irritating as all Hell. But the proper way to respond to it is with good humor. (Besides, nobody's implying that explosive pleasure reactions to machineguns are undesirable. They're probably better than just using them.)

The Lewis and BREN are my babs and I love them v. much; the HK21 is an adopted but equally-loved bab. Machineguns have a place in everybody's heart, not just dynamite-eating, snake-throwing Rambo devotees.