Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus/stephanos, Kicking My Butt...

Teibidh

Question

So, I've played off and on for over a year now, and while I"m certainly not as good as some of these dudes in the videos, I think I've progressed past the point where I suck. In trying to clear Uranus, though, I'm having some serious issues with the Stephanos/Grineer/Intercept mission. Intercept is a new mode for me, didn't exist before my last hiatus, but the other two maps I've done it on weren't an issue... This one, though, the spawn rate seems to be way too high for one player to keep up with. I've burned through all 4 revives on Mag, Nova, Rhino and Trinity ... all rank 30, reactor installed, compatible aura installed, and no more than 3-4 upgrade points left. I can't remember what rank my Redirection is right now, but I think Rhino was pushing 850 points of shield.

Anyway, is there some trick to this one? Has it been more difficult than the rest of the Uranus missions for other people? Is Interception (a new mode for me, didn't exist before the start of my last hiatus) generally that much more difficult than other missions at the same level? Are there dumb mistakes that rookies make when doing these, or this one in particular, that I should try to avoid?

6 answers to this question

In my opinion, Interception is the easiest endless mode to solo. In my experience, there is no chance that the enemy can win by points.

You need to be mobile enough to capture all nodes fast and retake them if the enemy captures them.

Other than that, bring a frame with good survivability in a form of some kind of shield or CC.

My favourite frame for Interception is Zephyr. With Tail Wind and Turbulence the whole mode becomes super easy. Other options I regularly use are Valkyr with lifestrike + rage combo and Paralysis for CC, Excalibur with Radial Blind for keeping the whole map CC'd forever and Radial Disarm Loki for the same thing.

You have to kill the enemies fast enough to get to the next place and clear it fast. I usually use Dread for this because bows are fun and very effective.

With Dread and one of the above frames, I can solo any interception until I get the reward I want. At least so far I've got the T4 key I've wanted within the first 12(ish) waves.

I'll have to look at some builds then, I know I haven't farmed a lot of the good weapons yet, though I do have dread. It just struck me as odd that i could complete every other mission in Uranus without issue... I think I might have used a revive once, but that might have been during an invasion. Then I get to this one and get stomped, repeatedly... just seemed off.

Of the frames you listed - get a max stretch, overextended and fleeting expertise for your Rhino. Spam stomp to freeze very large portions of the map. This can be repeated almost infinitely while you are killing things. GG first five waves of interception.

I'm not averse to acquiring other frames. I've maxed 4 others since this posting, once I finish up with one or two more that I want I will begin the quest for level progression again. It will also let me get paid again so I can get some plat to buy mods. :)