Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Rework Sounds Great!

MetroidHunter26

I'm all for it! Would love to see the visuals match the new UI hotness! But the one thing that does beg the question is...

Will you broaden the spectrum of mods rarity visually?

In short all of the mods are classified in 4 ways:
Damaged(Introduced in patch 14 for beginners which is just wonderful! Now my friends can know what to look out for to replace them! Plus they're easy to replace too!)
Common

Uncommon

Rare

and the very rare and not used for anything other than those fusion cores

Legendary!

It's nice but I would like to see it be broader like how most RPG/MMO's do it.

grey, white, green, blue, purple, orange.

Or in Warframes case it could be:

Damaged, Common, Uncommon, (Superior)? , (Excellent)/Rare?, Legendary

It would help distinguish what really is "Rare" in this game. 

I've seen so many uncommon mods drop that they should be classified common and so many common mods that should be rare or uncommon.

Not only would this be a nice little change (seeing as the drop tables wouldn't change just the overall mods rarity and look will to reflect on the drop chances it already has) but it would add more "OH YEAH!" moments of getting a purple or gold mod knowing that there pretty darn rare, and blue mods would be just as good. 

What are your opinions on this? While this is just a minor thing. It was something me and a friend were discussing when farming mods like Eleventh Storm and Malicious Raptor.

Edited by MetroidHunter26

We already have quite an unused mod rarity here, its called Legendary.

Only thing it has been used for is the Legendary Core, which can be used to fusion ANYTHING to max rank, no matter how many ranks there is.

Now, if only we had Legendary mods...

We already have quite an unused mod rarity here, its called Legendary.

Only thing it has been used for is the Legendary Core, which can be used to fusion ANYTHING to max rank, no matter how many ranks there is.

Now, if only we had Legendary mods...

:O

I hope they keep those for extreme end-game later on the line, for now let's just have very rare and epic? :D

As for OP:

Keep in mind that currently there aren't a lot of places to drop them from, what needs to be expanded is per planet specifics:

Eris should have some unique rewards so you want to play it over something like DS Sechura

Edited by noveltyhero

:O

I hope they keep those for extreme end-game later on the line, for now let's just have very rare and epic? :D

As for OP:

Keep in mind that currently there aren't a lot of places to drop them from, what needs to be expanded is per planet specifics:

Eris should have some unique rewards so you want to play it over something like DS Sechura

Oh no I don't mean Add more I mean rework existing mods visuals to reflect the idea of

Common, Uncommon, Superior, Excellent, Rare, and Legendary (because I forgot they did add that for a limited time)

Like Eleventh Storm for example. Instead of being a Uncommon mod it would fall under Excellent (blue quality) or Rare (Gold quality)

I mean a VISUAL REWORK not an actual reworking of mod rarity loot tables.

The percentages stay the same. It's just the mods that change the appearance to reflect their TRUE rarity like how most RPG/MMO's do it 

Oh no I don't mean Add more I mean rework existing mods visuals to reflect the idea of

Common, Uncommon, Superior, Excellent, Rare, and Legendary (because I forgot they did add that for a limited time)

Like Eleventh Storm for example. Instead of being a Uncommon mod it would fall under Excellent (blue quality) or Rare (Gold quality)

The percentages stay the same. It's just the mods that change the appearance to reflect their TRUE rarity like how most RPG/MMO's do it 

Ahh yeah I would actually like that. Too many mods fall between uncommon and rare and it is I guess visually annoying, however with this kind of update an update on rarity and drop tables of these mods should also come, otherwise it feels like a missed opportunity :S

That could work out... if it's only a change to visual representation. ^^

A little bit offtopic but DE adding those damaged mods for new players rather than giving them a real unranked Serration for example was just a no-no in my opinion.

I played the prologue and I got so many useless bullcrap mods... like damaged Ammo Drums for example... I mean... really? They needed a damaged version of ammo drum - a mod that you'll pretty soon have 200 copies of?

updown.gif

They should have made a poll in advance and look what people think are mandatory mods and hand those out to the player as quest rewards. Like Point Blank, Serration, Vitality, Redirection... There are not that many anyways.

Because the way it is now people will just end up having to farm the real ones afterwards which is just like "Dafuq?" for a new player once they find out that they wasted cores/duplicates by fusing them into damaged ones.

Edited by MeduSalem

The Damaged mods are great.

Most of them are worth keeping around even for vets, as they outclass their normal counterparts in effect per points. Minor differences, but still, definitely not a waste of time to... trade damaged vs normal versions with all your clanmates... (Yeah, I ran the Vor's Prize four times so far, three times with my Nekros).

In the end, for me, who tries to get every mod in every rank as my personal drive to keep on playing, that's just more stuff to do, when i was getting pretty close to capping any realistic goal soon.

Yes they did. I dont know why people think that UI team ( art ) will be balancing mods. It is visual change.

Its as people see what they want to see.

Exactly, though is it much to still hope that DE listens and gives some of the mods a reason. I know they gave one but almost no one will buy that reason outside them. Then again, it is not like these mods are mandatory but hey, I am all for more variation so even if they said they will not change them. I still hope they someday realize that actually maybe trying to change them would not be such a bad thing after all.