Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Airing Of Grievances, Or, New Ideas For Warframe.

Sojorn

I don't really post in the forums often, but I felt like this little aggregate of ideas I've collected might be interesting to read. I do enjoy Warframe as a game, but I feel like there's more that can be done with it to both streamline the experience and improve upon existing facets. I designed this post as kind of an...update 15 wishlist. Seeing as how it encompasses a large number of aspects of the game, general feedback seems to be the place to post it.

---

Update 15: Into the Void!

-New Warframe: Faust! Tear your enemies apart with this methodical and vicious melee-oriented frame! Use STRANGLE to grapple an enemy by the throat and choke them for damage, incapacitating them for a few seconds afterwards. PHASE BEAM launches from Faust’s palm to tear through enemies and briefly ignite them. UPHEAVAL causes Faust to slam his melee weapon into the ground and send out ripples of energy to throw all enemies into the air. CRUELTY grants a massive melee swing speed boost, increased ragdolling, weapon reach, and a moderate damage bonus.

(I feel like there needs to be more of a place for melee in this game, and while Valkyr is a fine option, I feel that this hypothetical frame could provide a counterbalance to Valkyr's rage.)

-New melee weapon: WARMONGER, a shield capable of launching rockets on successful blocks and parries!

(With the newly introduced Silva and Aegis, it'd be cool to see more shield weapons and weapons with interesting effects.)

-New mission type: DUEL! Fight against a corrupted warframe of equal skill in a one-on-one to four-on-four battle arena!

(Think of it as PVP for people who don't like to fight other players, enjoy solo / cinematic boss battles, or just enjoy battle arenas for fun.)

-New quest: THE STORY CONTINUES! A mysterious message from deep in the Void promises to reveal more about the Tenno and the Orokin...

(I have my own ideas and speculations about Tenno lore, but it'd be a good time to start introducing more lore with the newly added quest system.)

-Ready the cargo bays! Common and uncommon components no longer drop off regular enemies or out of containers, but are instead found through a different type of defense mission: mineral extraction. Protect the mineral extractor in an Endless Defense style mission to gain increasing rewards! Rare components are still found on bosses for the most part, but can very rarely drop in Duel missions and can be found in Mineral Extraction Defense missions with a higher chance as waves go on.

(It could just be a new defense mission type that replaces mod / void key rewards with quantities of components.)

-Warframe, weapon, and sentinel slots can now be bought with credits. The first slot is 50k credits, with each new slot increasing by 50k up to 200k a piece.

(Provides an alternate way to get inventory slots for those who can't afford platinum and are unlucky with drop rates. This bridges one of the last gaps to making pretty much everything available in normal game play.)

-Something wicked this way comes! Once a certain number of Death Marks have been achieved, players now have a choice to directly confront the G3, Harvester or Stalker on their own for increased chance at their current loot tables and new, secret items!

(Upon gaining say, 5 or 10 or something marks from the Stalker, if you haven't run into him yet, you can confront him on your own on your ship or on a neutral tileset (Orokin Void?). He'll be tuned for four people and a massive pain to bring down, but with better chances at blueprints and such, maybe new items.)

-Status helms have returned in a new way: customizable stats! Players are given a number of points to allot to their custom helms. Increasing one stat past a certain point has a negative effect on another, so be mindful!

(This one is really controversial, but it was an interesting thought I had. It allows people to have the bonuses and negatives from Arcane helmets or to keep it strictly aesthetic.)

Here are some ideas for some general fixes and changes I've had, too.

-After some review, damage-based Warframe powers felt too weak in higher levels of play. Damaging abilities now scale based on the average rank, mod rank and damage of all equipped weapons.

(Playing at higher levels basically negates the usefulness in many Warframe's damaging abilities. Kinda pointless to use Shock if I can just spray my gun for 5x damage.)

-Components, regular blueprints, credits and pretty much everything are now tradeable!

(This could stay or go, but I feel like it'd be more of a community bonding thing if you could say 'hey I'll give you 2 neurodes if you give me the blueprint for the Dagger Axe skin'.)

-Who's a good boy? Kubrows can now be maintained by taking them three successful missions in a row of appropriate level and not letting them perish. This interaction and bonding counteracts genetic decay.

(Provides a fun little challenge in keeping your somewhat fragile dog alive and gives incentive.)

-Systems online. Sentinels now respawn after 30 seconds. Any existing REGEN mods will be converted to a new mod called EXPLOSION, which causes a Sentinel to explode for Burst damage upon their first defeat.

(I feel like sentinels, for the time and materials that go into them, die too often at even medium levels of play and become useless.)

-Get out your books, class. Codex entries, additional lore and new quests can be discovered by progressing through the planets and by doing Orokin Void / Derelict tileset missions.

(Instead of having to bring the scanner, players can learn more about the Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Corrupted enemies as they fight and progress through the planets. It makes sense from an 'experience' point of view, being that you'd learn their weaknesses as you fight. New quests could provide a more interactive story and keep people interested beyond grinding out the newest weapons.)

---

Now, that was a long read, and I appreciate it if you made it through. This post is not intended to be an attack or to slander anything, it's just a collection of ideas both fun and functional that I've had that could bring some new life into Warframe as it progresses and grows through the beta.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like a wishlist that covers all the problems you had personally while playing the game, and want changed so those problems no longer happen.

None of what you listed improves the game. Make it easier, but not better.

Many are nonsensical. Did I read it right? You want a shield ... that launches rockets ... when you parry? Wat? We have Rocket Launchers already, and we 100% parry already, so this would just launch rockets, without an actual ammo count.

Also, half the things DIRECTLY go against DE income stream.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like a wishlist that covers all the problems you had personally while playing the game, and want changed so those problems no longer happen.

None of what you listed improves the game. Make it easier, but not better.

Many are nonsensical. Did I read it right? You want a shield ... that launches rockets ... when you parry? Wat? We have Rocket Launchers already, and we 100% parry already, so this would just launch rockets, without an actual ammo count.

Also, half the things DIRECTLY go against DE income stream.

I agree. This isn't a list of things to make the game better, but rather a list of several selfish desires. Obviously you are having troubles with the G3, Harvester and Stalker drops. Obviously you are having trouble with resource grinding (for some reason...), obviously you missed out on the Arcane Helmets and you're not willing to shell out some platinum in Trade, obviously you are upset with the whole genetic degradation with the Kubrows, and your ideas are completely nonsensical. If your Kubrow is ROTTING, taking it out for a walk is not going to improve it.  You are obviously having troubles with sentinels dying, and so you want to add a completely BS way to revive them. And most importantly, you want to cut off DE's income because you are too cheap to buy some weapon and warframe slots.

So no, this is an absolutely terrible list of ideas, and it is very clear that this is not a list of things that will improve the game, but make the game easier for you.

Okay,

1) this is a wish list.

2) that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some of these ideas actually sound intriguing.

In order...

Faust: belongs in warframe feedback and ideas, not a bad idea, but I'd like to see more frames with much more interconnected was between abilities than the one suggested here.

Warmonger: shield-only weapon please and thank you.

Duel: actually, a pvp simulation type mission would be intriguing. Rogue Spectres or the like would be a very interesting idea.

Mineral Extraction: would be convenient, especially if the mission scales round-wise, where the first round is a mod, the second is a single rare resource, the third is a pack of 3 rare resources. Or a payout based on how many mining equipment was saved?

Slots: yeah no. Sorry but that's a main income stream. But 500 play and you're fine for a long while, or abuse the free market system.

Death Marks: maybe not that particular type, but a stacking set of death marks that actually increase chances? 2.5% base chance for a mark, + .5% per party member with a mark, + .5% chance for each additional mark on you. Killing the Stalker/Harvester/G3 will remove a single mark, but being defeated removes all marks on you.

Status helms: frustrating that they took them out, but likely will be replaced with the focus system when it's released.

Scaling Damage: I may be interested in the introduction of % of current or max health damage plus base damage for damage abilities: this helps in later on missions.

Trade: yeah..... No. Sorry, but no.

Kubrow: steps are already being taken to make it more affordable.

Codex: additional quests and lore in late void or derelict could be a lot of fun but it would have to be released all at once and be massive in content to preserve the wonder and fun of it all.

Some good ideas, some bad ideas. Keep it up.