Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frozen Frost And Burning Ember? Wtf

Spunt1nk

So Tenno, Ever been derping around feeding your kubrow and putting down some target practice when a wild Lotus transmission appears telling you "This ship has taken some hits watch out for fire damage" and you were like pfffft I'm Ember the warframe of fire itself! I do not fear fire... Nek Minnit you are on fire and taking damage?

Or you are a Frost with less shield because of a little ice.

And Coughing a lung up and slowly dying due to an infested charger fart when you are Saryn the queen of poison. 

This could apply with other warframes and and a personal buff exclusive to them could be given.

lets not all jump in and chuck the whole "that's what the ice, toxin & fire (insert the ones I have missed) resistance mods are for" speech around, they should be for warframes that do not have the natural resistance others would have if DE set this up in the first place.

there were literally hundreds of suggestions like yours, the exact same suggestions, for like a year now or something.

though it seems like DE are ignoring these.

personally, I'll +1 this, just like the rest of these, not that I'm playing as Ember, Saryn or Frost, but just because it makes sense

I also made a thread about this EXACT "issue", months ago and it just got swamped down like this one probably will...

- Nyx should be immune to radiation

- Mag should be immune to magnetic

- Frost / Frost Prime should be immune to ice

- Ember / Ember Prime should be immune to fire

- Saryn immune to gas and/or poison

That was basically my list, but I doubt DE will ever implement it, or those resistance mods will be next to useless (not like they already are or anything).

I freaking love the idea GET ON IT DE or else

I remember when i first made Frost prime and i was on one of those cold missions where it takes your shield away, my first reaction was how come im still getting affected by this when i am the LORD OF THE COLD

Made me sad it did

Passives are something I can get behind but definitely not something this useless and, contrary to popular belief, nonsensical.

Someone who manipulates and element is not generally resistant to that element in most fiction things.  An elemental being on the other hand is basically always immune to their personal element.

Ember is not made of fire, she simply manipulates it by utilizing her power.  Frost is not made of ice, Volt isn't made of electricity.  For these resistance passives to make sense they'd need to have our frame energy be automatically drained whilst taking/nullifying damage from the given elemental source.

So Volt's energy would just dive fast everytime he walked near an Arc Trap,  Frost would constantly lose energy on an ice mission, Ember would be drained by getting shot by Napalms.  Pretty sure nobody would want that.

I would maybe suggest sticking with only Frost and Ember as far as resistances, so that Frost and Ember would be resistant to Ice and Fire respectively, while also taking more damage from Fire and Ice, also respectively.

e.g. Frost wouldn't get slowed down by ice floors in towers, but would take extra damage from Fire leaders and Ember would take on extra damage from Ice leaders, but be basically immune to Fire leader's wave of fire, etc.

I don't see how that is unfair to other frames, their resistance/vulnerability basically nullify each other so that it's just a cool detail that logically makes sense rather than giving them any "favoritism" kind of enhancement over the other frames

Also, I wouldn't know what to negate an immunity from poison damage for Saryn? I mean you could say she takes on extra damage from radiation damage i guess, but there doesn't seem to be enough of a radiation threat for it to feel like a true yin/yang relationship. That's why I would leave Saryn out of this, as much as it would make sense for her to be immune to poison damage

just some details I would love to see in the game one day

I freaking love the idea GET ON IT DE or else

I remember when i first made Frost prime and i was on one of those cold missions where it takes your shield away, my first reaction was how come im still getting affected by this when i am the LORD OF THE COLD

Made me sad it did

did you cri or nah?