Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Conditions For 0% Dark Sector Taxes

LadyScootaloo

At the moment, I can't help but see 0% as rather difficult to achieve.

It comes with the condition that the clan/alliance who puts it up will have to carry the costs involved.

-----------

Costs

Battlepay

Nothing really.

-----------

So it all comes down to the battlepay costs.

I want to ponder on this. In what circumstance does a clan offering no battlepay beat a clan offering 50k or even 150k battlepay? Many clans that would be willing to take the sector and tax at 0% would be unwilling to carry the load of having to feed us with battlepay.

Is it okay to expect them to do both?

If not, what do you think could be done to aid such a clan/alliance?

If neither of those cases are your ideal, what do you think should be done?

-----------

Known Solutions

- The 0% tax clan/alliance has to be massive enough to command the sector.

---------Unfortunately, this is not a very common circumstance. Regardless of how huge any clan/alliance is, more often than not there will be more randoms/outsiders to be influenced by this battlepay. If you can think of other occurrences, do share.

- The community comes together to support that clan/alliance during battles.

---------As much as this is a wonderful thing to see, it isn't very likely. It has happened before, though. The most notable case being the defeat of Eclipse when they had first taken Sechura(Pluto). However, it seems more people are unwilling to do it now that Dark Sectors are little more than a ''cheat or lose" sort of game where the winners are the faster exploiters of a flawed pvp system.

- The 0% tax clan/alliance feeds us with a battlepay similar or at least slightly below that which the opposing clan/alliance offers.

---------This is essentially asking that the 0% tax clan/alliance pays us to help us. Likelihood is rather low.

We would be asking for charity, not aid.

-------------------

What can we do to change the circumstances now?

(no slandering of clans, please, this is strictly theory discussion for DS political standards and possibilities)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

It happened before. Just saying.

So it has, but only as a minority case.

I would very much rather have a planned circumstance than a hopeful outlook on the possibilities.

I have also considered a solution being that multiple major clans/alliances could come together.

However, it's been a repeated example in their history that the larger clans mostly care more for themselves. (perhaps the majority of clans, too)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

If I had a strong enough Alliance. I'd take all the Dark Sectors and put a 5% Tax. 5% is very fair and the sums you'll get will be amazing in no time. I accept up to 15%, but grudgingly, when I see it. Beyond that, it's pure greed / asshattery.

If I had a strong enough Alliance. I'd take all the Dark Sectors and put a 5% Tax. 5% is very fair and the sums you'll get will be amazing in no time. I accept up to 15%, but grudgingly, when I see it. Beyond that, it's pure greed / asshattery.

That would be the solution that there is a superpower alliance with the numbers and dedication to control a sector without pay.

Yet, how many of those exists? The chance to attack a rail is a 'first click, first serve' sort of deal.

Say we have even one of these existing who would be willing to do all the work for 5%(or really the same as 0% here) tax, would they be able to click fast enough? 

I'd rather consider a method/solution that would work for ANY clan to offer the 0% tax.

The only way to keep zero taxes is to stop people being stupid and greedy.

Unfortunately scumbags will be scumbags. Plain and simple.

We already know stupidity/lack of forward planning is a problem, but there ought to be a solution for it.

Honestly, battle pay will rise over free taxes. They'd rather have 100,000 credits of battle pay than have a zero tax zone.

That is the case, but there have been exceptions and there may be a solution.

That is the case, but there have been exceptions and there may be a solution.

Oh yeah for sure. Space confed lasted very long with the zero taxes.

I think the problem lies with the dark sector system, and not the argument of battle pay. If their was no DDoS occurring during the fight for sechura, I bet Space confed would've kept it.

A problem to take into consideration is that the avenues for interaction and political/financial maneuvering between clans/alliances in Warframe are essentially nonexistent. If Warframe wants to copy parts of Eve Online, at least copy the minimum and not just a single scrap.

A problem to take into consideration is that the avenues for interaction and political/financial maneuvering between clans/alliances in Warframe are essentially nonexistent. If Warframe wants to copy parts of Eve Online, at least copy the minimum and not just a single scrap.

Winning with a solution here will have to be similar to winning in a dark sector pvp.

Take advantage of the numerous flaws of the system to come up with a way to win.

Perhaps, if we could assemble an army here... but that seems rather unlikely, so I'll put that off until more people suggest it.

(their own enthusiasm to building a positive, non-slandering[de would not allow it] army to hold certain nodes)

The only way to keep zero taxes is to stop people being stupid and greedy.

Unfortunately scumbags will be scumbags. Plain and simple.

I see ppl who are pushing towards 0% rails as the real greedy ones. It's this "I want everything I can get there"-mentality. Taxes of 30-70% should be the standard.

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

Known Solutions

- The community comes together to support that clan/alliance during battles.

---------As much as this is a wonderful thing to see, it isn't very likely. It has happened before, though. The most notable case being the defeat of Eclipse when they had first taken Sechura(Pluto). However, it seems more people are unwilling to do it now that Dark Sectors are little more than a ''cheat or lose" sort of game where the winners are the faster exploiters of a flawed pvp system.

I think this is what happen, just give the time to everyone (or at least who needs credits which is a majority of players in my opinion) to realize what means having that Dark Sector with high taxes.

As we have already seen that Dark Sector taxed too highly lasted one round, now taxes are lower than before and it dropped to 20%, still they kept it, give it another round or two and it will keep changing ownership till someone will put 0% and will be kept that way.....but all will start over again after some time. It's a cycle.