Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Parkour.

BrazilianJoe

You are definitely not looking hard enough if you think only Void has secret areas that need parkour.

I still would like to see more parkour segments. like the ice bridge in the void, or the cliff in the Grineer astro base. more stuff like that.

Problem is, not many of them have rewards on par with the Void's.  That's why they go largely unnoticed.  For example, I was on an earth tile that required me to scale this large overgrown abandoned base.  Inside there was a hollow tree trunk I could jump into.  Inside was a door that only opened from that side and...a locker.  Which was locked.  Hopefully we see more of a reason to go through these areas eventually, though.

in the invasions between grineer and corpus theirs a route accessible via parkour that gives you a birds eye view of the other side of the asteroid their fighting over and it contains SOME loot and gives you easy targets.

Here is a common one for you: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenge

Ever consider that there may only be one (a locked one at that) locker for a reason? 

Oh, yes. Of course. The Perfect Utility Mod to secure sales of Kubrow chow and incubator parts. I conveniently forgot about it.

Anyway, the problem is that all these secret areas (some of which are actually hard or impossible for Kubrow to reach) have the exact same generic lockers as the rest of the level, which drop credits and affinity orbs more commonly than even common resources, to say nothing of rare loot or mods. What's the point of even having them in the first place if they, barring having a fully matured and miraculously not-dead magic space dog or an extremely rare mod with a really low chance of actually working, aren't even going to be unlocked nine times out of ten?

What we need are special containers specifically for these hidden "treasure rooms". Filled with things we actually want to find.

I find that parkour based fighting is very limited due to stamina cost. Zoren copter-ing across a room and rhino stomping then botloring it to death is fast and easy alternative, but it looks as silly and mashing melee until the enemy dies. Wall run attacks are very hard to aim, but then again it's damage is will worth the risk of missing...only to end up tumbling off a near by ledge where you then tumble down the staircase that is in close proximity to it and landing right into a mob of enemies with barely any stamina to do real damage.

I have tried modding for better stamina cost, but the sacrifice of heath, shields and armor does not make up for it in the long run. Adding more mods with the idea of Aviator that aids in movement other then speed or friction can really help melee only builds, combined with bonuses for sword alone load-out can make game play more customizable. Bonuses like stamina cost is halved for melee attacks or negate sprinting cost because your lighter  and  not weighted down by guns. Or even blocking restores stamina as you scope out your surroundings to prioritization targets.

but the problem is THERE IS NO NEED. i mean i LOVE the fact that there is, but what happens when you get there?? 3 cabinets full of credits?

Same as the Void Parkour areas! you spend all that time beating it and there's just 8 containers full of nothingness and maybe possibly an ammo drum.

My friend got a Split Chamber from one, I got a Hells Chamber too. They're worth a while here and there

You have to get your kubrow really close to the lockers to get them to notice, and also some locker locations don't appear to work ever, but that's something DE has to work through because I can't spend several hours testing lockers in every single tileset when I'm not getting paid for it.

but the problem is THERE IS NO NEED. i mean i LOVE the fact that there is, but what happens when you get there?? 3 cabinets full of credits?

Same as the Void Parkour areas! you spend all that time beating it and there's just 8 containers full of nothingness and maybe possibly an ammo drum.

Possibly an ammo drum, but also possibly a guardian, shotgun spazz, natural talent... it's the chance of getting something rare that keeps me going through them, that and they're just really fun.

You are definitely not looking hard enough if you think only Void has secret areas that need parkour.

There needs to be more incentive to go looking for secret rooms outside of 3 extra lockers/crates

Perhaps a list of mods that only drop from those secret rooms?

Lockers don't have anything good in them to begin with, I want something more than lockers!  Mods or rare resources plx.

Yes, "more free stuff", so we can just use Worm Hole and not use ANY parkour whatsoever, in order to farm stuff more efficiently.

The last thing we need is people just running maps non-stop with super movement-optimized builds simply to get mods.

you know what I want to see~?

Bathrooms....or...kitchens~

I want to see the orokin tech Kitchens~

and you better not pull that sea shells joke for bathrooms~

I immediately thought of opening a door to find a Prodman sitting on the john reading a copy of the Profits Monthly swimsuit issue...

Yes, "more free stuff", so we can just use Worm Hole and not use ANY parkour whatsoever, in order to farm stuff more efficiently.

The last thing we need is people just running maps non-stop with super movement-optimized builds simply to get mods.

Remove the straight line runs, add twists and turns and curves. Wormhole and Tailwind will no longer apply.

Guess they'd better remove all of the gauntlets in the void then...

To be honest before they start adding more things that require you to parkour they should work on making the parkour better, as it stands I would rather just run around the obstacle then try to use warframes parkour to go over it. Or I could just copter everywhere.

There needs to be more incentive to go looking for secret rooms outside of 3 extra lockers/crates

Perhaps a list of mods that only drop from those secret rooms?

That's a damn good idea. Another one that would be feasible is special treasure-room lockers that still have a chance of being locked and all, but would at least give a HUGE drop in credits, resources and orbs. It'd also have the side benefit of making Master Thief, which is awesome in concept, useful for a change.

Other ppl added the sensible toughts on this. 

There may be the occasional hidden room here and there outside the void, but they are not nearly as elaborate. 

Also, not worth getting into, there is nothing interesting enough there. 

Having certain mods drop only on hidden rooms would be an excellent addition to the game. And having containers be desecratable perhaps?