Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confusion Regarding G3

leonguide93

Question

So, i'm trying to somewhat farm g3 for brakk fragments for the time and oh boy how much vague information there is about it. So few questions if someone will be so kind to answer:

You can only have one mark at a time and you waste it if you beat the g3?

Does only a person the g3 was aiming for looses the mark when they show up?

To get the mark you have to run 5 missions OR whole invasions and does it require this invasion to be either grineer or corpus initiated?

12 answers to this question

1. Win or loose you loose the mark.

2. If a full party has marks only the one mentioned looses his mark

3. To get G3 mark you need to do 5 invasions agianst the grineer if you dont get mark by 5 keep trying you will eventually get marked. (There is a rumor that if you do 5 invasion missions against the faction you could get marked even if you dont receive the mail dont know for sure)

I've had the most luck fighting the G3 on Grineer invasions KILLING the grineer. So my advice is, get 4 marked people (3 including yourself) and keep doing Grineer Invasions and kill Grineer. This way if someone isn't marked, they can get marked. And you still can fight the G3. Finally, their highest spawn rate from what I've noticed is 1-5 mins, so try to time your missions for 5 mins

You can only have one mark at a time and you waste it if you beat the g3?

One mark at a time, and you lose the mark IF THEY SPAWN. 

Does only a person the g3 was aiming for looses the mark when they show up?

If you are in a group and someone else's spawns, yours will not be consumed.

To get the mark you have to run 5 missions OR whole invasions and does it require this invasion to be either grineer or corpus initiated?

You must do a 5/5 completion quest. I BELIEVE 10/5 and so on works if you previously completed it. Also, I have been told that they will not always send you a message, but you will still have a mark for the completions.

~~

Good luck farming the G3! I have been the past few days and have 2/3 of the drops. ;~;

thanks everyone, also can anyone explain how something like that can be possible: got a death mark, went with a group, someone else got targeted, after that ran another 5 and got a second letter. so my mark wasnt consumed but a letter still came like i had none, considering the marks as people say do not stack.

You need to play invasions AGAINST Grineer to get a chance for a mark. Getting the mark is random, you can do one mission, 3 missions, 10 missions or even more depending on your luck. As far as I know, only one mark can be acquired at a time.

i know that you have to side the corpus in other words against grineer, im wondering if which side is initiating the invasion matters. cause once i was doing corpus invasion on grineer and done like 10 to 15 missions only then i got the mark, and now i did grineer invasions on corpus and am getting letters now like crazy

Edited by leonguide93

thanks everyone, also can anyone explain how something like that can be possible: got a death mark, went with a group, someone else got targeted, after that ran another 5 and got a second letter. so my mark wasnt consumed but a letter still came like i had none, considering the marks as people say do not stack.

The marks do NOT stack for G3, you can only have 1 mark, your mark was consumed because they spawned, I have farmed the G3 and got the Brakk, and found running sabotage or exterminate grineer missions (alerts also) the best for spawns, best thing to do is to just run another 5 invasion runs when you or your group gets a spawn! good luck and the brakk is quite good also

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

The marks do NOT stack for G3, you can only have 1 mark, your mark was consumed because they spawned, I have farmed the G3 and got the Brakk, and found running sabotage or exterminate grineer missions (alerts also) the best for spawns, best thing to do is to just run another 5 invasion runs when you or your group gets a spawn! good luck and the brakk is quite good also

I said " someone else got targeted" how my mark could be consumed?

You can only get one G3 mark from each invasion. Say you had invasion A and B, in order to get 2 marks you would have to do both invasions.

Also, I don't know if it has been said yet, but G3 will only spawn in missions where grineer are present. If you were doing a direlect mission and grineer were there, even though they are not the main faction for the area, G3 can still spawn.

even though the transmision from lotus plays for everyone, it only consumes one persons death-mark, though there is no way of knowing whose mark is consumed. 

You can only get one G3 mark from each invasion. Say you had invasion A and B, in order to get 2 marks you would have to do both invasions.

Also, I don't know if it has been said yet, but G3 will only spawn in missions where grineer are present. If you were doing a direlect mission and grineer were there, even though they are not the main faction for the area, G3 can still spawn.

even though the transmision from lotus plays for everyone, it only consumes one persons death-mark, though there is no way of knowing whose mark is consumed.

How is it possible to get 2 marks if people say they dont stack and Xieve said doing more missions on the same invasion works, and shouldnt g3 talking directly to you mean youre the target thus implying your mark will be consumed?

Guest Tehnoobshow

How is it possible to get 2 marks if people say they dont stack and Xieve said doing more missions on the same invasion works, and shouldnt g3 talking directly to you mean youre the target thus implying your mark will be consumed?

Number of marks = number of letters received (the mark goes away after you meet them though)

However, I don't think you can actually get more than one mark at a time (except one for Corpus, one for Grineer, of course).

I would recommend that you don't delete the letters until after you kill/are killed by them to keep track of whether you're marked or not.

The G3 only talk directly to one person in the party, everyone else only sees the lights flicker.

I would recommend farming the G3 on Earth, Cambria Survival. They seem to love spawning there, especially if you're lagging a lot.

Edited by Tehnoobshow