Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Could Get Quanta The Other Way (Exploit Problem)

HideorEscape

Players from storm,mountain,moon clans could leave they're clans, join a ghost clan with Quanta research ready, buy the blueprint, leave the ghost clan and join back they're old clan. Did anyone thought about this? This is a big problem, players could really do this. What's the point with the increased/multiplied resource costs / per clan tier?

Anybody could do this and get the Quanta without farming neural sensors to contribute to the research.

What could be the solution for this? Discuss...

this has kind of always been an issue with clan tech. teh main reason i think people dont do that is because it is a pain in the neck, and you have to craft 2 new clan keys. you would be better off staying in the smaller clan

this has kind of always been an issue with clan tech. teh main reason i think people dont do that is because it is a pain in the neck, and you have to craft 2 new clan keys. you would be better off staying in the smaller clan

Its not a big deal to craft 2 clan keys but this problem is like stealing clan tech research from a small clan with a little effort. There is no point to be in a bigger clan tier...

Its not really an exploit. If they want to go to the hassle, let them. Being in a big clan has benefits and in most cases no one will bother leaving just to mooch off a smaller clan, because its just as easy for a larger clan to afford the research. And if the large clan has too many inactive members to effectively fund research then its time to abandon the clan and join a new one anyway, or invest in recruiting and kicking people.

Either way its kind of irrelevant. Lots of people benefit from this purely inadvertently because they decided to leave their clan for another reason and happened to join a smaller one, or one that already has the research. Thus benefiting anyway.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

this problem is like stealing clan tech research from a small clan with a little effort.

Players are literally forced to join clans to be able to obtain weapons, now that is wrong. I personally do not care if someone joins my clan, buys all the blueprints and leaves. Simply because I am against the "join to get weapons" policy. I built whole dojo alone, I completed all researches and I do not think I should not share what I have with people who, for example, do not want to join any clans.

A week is harsh, 24 hours at best, 12 Hours the least.

Problem with the 12 hours is that you can simply join a clan before going to sleep and then leech the research after you wake up in the morning. 24 hours is nothing as well. It should be a week so people will stay loyal to their clan.

It kinda is a big deal to make clan keys, which have a lengthy build time to represent an investment in the joining of a clan.

While yes, a portion of players may join purely for clan tech, I refuse to believe without empirical evidence that it is the defining reason for an overwhelming majority. Clan tech isn't the only advantage a clan provides. Community, solar rails, reliable players and free assistance, have we simply chosen to ignore these? Larger clans amplify these listed benefits too, focussing on one small consideration isn't really a sound argument IMO.

But if you do choose to ignore those, then yes, clan hopping is a problem and you could maybe argue it constitutes exploiting. But that's not how the system was designed. Clans don't revolve around clan tech for the most part, and hence I personally see no reason that this should be addressed as a priority when so many other interlocking features outweigh this.

Edited by Vastaren

Problem with the 12 hours is that you can simply join a clan before going to sleep and then leech the research after you wake up in the morning. 24 hours is nothing as well. It should be a week so people will stay loyal to their clan.

People would start their own clan if Research leeching was that big of a problem, which it's not.

People would start their own clan if Research leeching was that big of a problem, which it's not.

Good idea. Its more worth to be in a small active ghost clan than in a large inactive big clan. Imagine a 1 man player with its own clan built for just research, it has more advantage than 1 man clan with high tier.

Situation: For a storm clan, the quanta research costs 35 neural sensors.

For a ghost clan, the quanta research costs 3 neural sensors.

Problem: Players from storm clan leave and join a ghost clan that already has completed the research. They buy the blueprint and leave just to join back they're own clan.

What's the point if a smaller clan can finish research contribution faster than a high tier clan? Isn't that unfair?

What's the point in contributing materials for your clan research when you can get it from other clans who already completed the research without any effort? This problem makes high tier clans useless, more problematic.

Why waste a lot of materials into a research that costs 10x or 100x when you can contribute them into a small ghost clan's research?

Situation: For a storm clan, the quanta research costs 35 neural sensors.

For a ghost clan, the quanta research costs 3 neural sensors.

Problem: Players from storm clan leave and join a ghost clan that already has completed the research. They buy the blueprint and leave just to join back they're own clan.

What's the point if a smaller clan can finish research contribution faster than a high tier clan? Isn't that unfair?

What's the point in contributing materials for your clan research when you can get it from other clans who already completed the research without any effort? This problem makes high tier clans useless, more problematic.

Why waste a lot of materials into a research that costs 10x or 100x when you can contribute them into a small ghost clan's research?

It is unfair and for some reason people fail to see that. They just keep defending DE and the already existing content, which is the reason why we never get anything good in this game.