Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Are Alive?

DarkLordX2

There are a LOT of theories going around as to that.

Personally, I feel the fact we don't see the Tenno eat or drink is the same as a number of other video games don't require you to eat or drink: it's just not something the game is about. I mean, there ARE mods or gamemodes that allow you to play a survival mode in some, but with some exceptions you just don't HAVE to all the time.

As for the armor, as I said, a number of theories exist:

Game mechanics.

Brains in Jars.

Multiple Tenno, one Warframe per each (i.e. your Nekros is a different Tenno from your Excalibur).

Energy Beings.

and a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

At this juncture, though I'd like the Multiple Tenno and think Energy Beings is currently the most plausible, I'd also say that it's mostly just safe to assume that DE is purposefully not giving us an idea of what the Tenno ARE to allow us to associate ourselves more with the character(s) on our own terms.

they don't eat or breath,

Anyone's guess if they actually need to consume nutrients or just live off some kind of Void energy or whatever instead, but they most assuredly breathe. Do more Survival missions so you know better than to make such obviously false claims.

Vor's Prize kinda went into that part of the lore- the frames we use are shells for the actual player, hence why we swap body types so easily. We're more like spectral drone pilots.

if we are spectral how do we bleed?

They're alive, and no, each Warframe you own is its own unique Tenno, you don't suddenly hop over from warframe to another.

That seems odd, given that with the intro of the player ship and armory there we appear to just be switching Warframes while staying in the same location. That's why I'm not sure we can consider that option as weightly as we used to be able to.

Edited by Morec0

No it isn't, it's going off the only reliable information we have rather than basing it off subjective assumption like you always do (without any evidence to support any of your ideas either).

Tenno breathe and bleed. We see their frozen breathe in cold environments, and they take bleeding damage and suffer from a bleeding out mechanic. This directly points to an organic body unless you're blind. Then there's the Excalibur Proto Skin and Hayden Tenno, which both had organic tissue and have infested flesh.

Also, Fea, if you are a non-native english speaker, I advise you get a better translator or use the international forums for easier communication. Although this comes into doubt with your more recent post and spamming exclamation marks, in which case please stop raping the English language. Spamming exclamation marks does little more than make you look illiterate.

MOA's bleed too.

And they're robots.

If you read information in the Events codex under "Victory" that has a picture of Vor and Kril, Vor says this: "Every time we tear a Tenno corpse from its metal womb we find nothing to explain their power"

This makes it clear there is indeed a physical body inside each Warframe.

They're alive, and no, each Warframe you own is its own unique Tenno, you don't suddenly hop over from warframe to another.

Well it's a good thing this guy knows everything 100% correctly and has the answers.

That's why when you get the schematics for Mirage, who was killed, you have another living being to put into that Warframe. ...Right? You built a living thing.

Well it's a good thing this guy knows everything 100% correctly and has the answers.

That's why when you get the schematics for Mirage, who was killed, you have another living being to put into that Warframe. ...Right? You built a living thing.

The game's mechanics and lore contradict themselves in multiple places. But, as of right now, the only stuff we have to go on are that from lore, there are indeed people inside the Warframes. It's possible that you are merely building the Warframe that was called Mirage and that they somehow have like a memory of some sort that enables you to access their powers. 

Edit: Hell, maybe they're androgenous little people, thus explaining why they can fit into any Warframe.

Edited by Cradicias

This is true... BUT, before I started to gravitate towards the "Tenno are energy" theory (which the guy makes a point that disproves it, but I still can't shake the feeling that something's not quite right with it given everything else we have), I liked to think of the Warframes you own and the Tenno inside as different people on the same squad - and every time you built a new Warframe the squad gets a new Tenno member who can wear that frame.

It NEEDS a set-in-stone clarification, nothing seems to add up 100%.

The game's mechanics and lore contradict themselves in multiple places. But, as of right now, the only stuff we have to go on are that from lore, there are indeed people inside the Warframes. It's possible that you are merely building the Warframe that was called Mirage and that they somehow have like a memory of some sort that enables you to access their powers. 

And my Liset has enough room for 12 people on it!

The point is, he's trying to say something definitively, despite the nebulous nature of the lore. And follows that up with "No I'm right discussion over".

Double-post, sorry:

OR the Tenno all have a basic Void-radiation power (that would have been able to burn Kaleen) and from there the Warframe acts as a focus to turn that basic power into a specific thing.

OR the Tenno that ends up filling it just has the power powers as the ancient Mirage, and merely was waiting for a frame to properly focus them - I'm convinced that, energy beings or not, the Tenno WERE breeding before/during/after the War of the Sentients, and creating their own culture in that time period as well.