Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Are Alive?

DarkLordX2

(edit) ... several of the frames being biologically impossible for a human to occupy unless they're a corpse or have joints dislocated.

Nekros is dead.

Rhino lacks intestines and probably other organs.

Oberon has curved arms, a broken neck, and is probably missing a jaw in order to stuff a human skull into the the Oryx helm.

Valid points, but simple alternatives actually exist ...

1. The European corset - ala Rhino

4385e520-d126-4bd0-aa0a-44b023e41747.png

2. Chinese foot binding - ala Oberon

lotusdiagram.jpg

Taken in aggregate, I agree that the Tenno are still corporeal and roughly human

BUT the extent to which normal body proportions are lost because of prior disfigurement or distortion upon donning the warframe cannot be known ...

At least not until we see what the Grineer and the Corpus have seen - a Tenno corpse

As an aside, I had previously assumed that the rescued Tenno - those held in stasis and those held captive in Grineer/Corpus jail cells - pretty much was how the Tenno looked until the exosuit was worn

BUT maybe there are just different types of "Tenno" (i.e. Void-exposed Tenno and nonVoid exposed Tenno)

To be alive, an organism must either reproduce or be immortal. Add to that the differently sexed frames.

Conclusion; Tenno are doin it

I believe the Tenno have been reproducing since the War against the Sentients - would explain the sheer number AS WELL as why there are non-Prime frames; as the Tenno reproduced over the years upon years the war took, the Orokin simply couldn't continue to outfit the new soldiers with frames as they grew older and so the Tenno themselves began to construct their own variations (Non-Prime Excalibur, Non-Prime Rhino, ect.)

Well we know what they probably look like. We've seen controlled technocyte mutations before in Dark Sector. We also know from dark sector that if the mutations reach the brain it's game over. 

To quote my answer to you from another thread: 

We don't know for a fact the Tenno are infused with Technocyte, it's a theory but them being "twisted" by the Void is all we really have to attest to them (the only Tenno we know for certain was afffected by the Technocyte was Hayden Tenno, who is to our Tenno what Warcraft 2's death knights are to to the Warcraft 3 death knights). Personally, given that the modern humans (as seen in the Corpus) do not look to share the condition (and yet still wage a biological struggle against the disease), I'd wager that the humans the Tenno came from were very much "human" in appearance - and, by extension, so were the Tenno UNTIL the Void got to them.

Edited by Morec0

I dont know about those rescue missions. I always thought lotus is telling us that they are commanders or several other important persons for some colonies or ships. Are those guys actually tenno?

I dont think so. :-/

So we are only rescuing cryo chambers including a tenno on defense missions.

Edited by sp33chle55

To quote my answer to you from another thread: 

The technocyte infection theory comes from the old J3 lines, and some of the current Lephantis ones. They seem to imply that something on/in the warframes is technocyte. 

The technocyte infection theory comes from the old J3 lines, and some of the current Lephantis ones. They seem to imply that something on/in the warframes is technocyte.

Yeah thats right. Most infested refer to us as their flesh. So something on us, either ourselves or the frames got the virus in it.

Another evidence that we or the suits are capable of deforming/morphing parts of themselves.

Yeah thats right. Most infested refer to us as their flesh. So something on us, either ourselves or the frames got the virus in it.

Another evidence that we or the suits are capable of deforming/morphing parts of themselves.

Well since the warframes themselves are directly described as exo-suits and the devs have said each frame has its own individual tenno I don't think we're morphing from frame to frame or anything like that.

The tenno are horrifically mutated, but there's only one per frame. Changing frames is a gameplay mechanic. 

Maybe they absorbed a Tenno or too.

That's how I always interpreted it.

Phorid absorbed Nyx after killing her and gained her power.

Well since the warframes themselves are directly described as exo-suits and the devs have said each frame has its own individual tenno I don't think we're morphing from frame to frame or anything like that.

The tenno are horrifically mutated, but there's only one per frame. Changing frames is a gameplay mechanic.

The devs never said anything like that. Someone quoted steve he said like one tenno per frame and at a later dev stream he told us thats not true.

So give me actual evidences and not hearsay or some old guessing quotes.

Thats also possible, sounds logical. Edited by sp33chle55

This is also true - but given the use of nano spores in modern Warframes it may be referencing that, or:

This is also applicable. "We" could simply be Hivemind talk (i.e. We are Borg)

I dont know about those rescue missions. I always thought lotus is telling us that they are commanders or several other important persons for some colonies or ships. Are those guys actually tenno?

I dont think so. :-/

So we are only rescuing cryo chambers including a tenno on defense missions.

Given that the rescue targets now have both male and female voices - regardless of being Red Veil-colored or not - I think it's safe to assume that they ARE just civilians of interest to us. The Lotus pattern on the jumpsuits (and the style of the suits themselves being reminiscent of the Cryopod Tenno) could simply be their version of the "orange jumpsuit" that is used in current times - something immediately recognizable to help identify them as prisoners (after all, we've seen no other Grineer or Corpus use that style/icon).

The devs never said anything like that. Someone quoted steve he said like one tenno per frame and at a later dev stream he told us thats not true.

Give us a source that they said "one tenno per frame isn't true".

Edited by Morec0

I didnt start taking some nebulous quotes into assumption. So you go first, Sir.

I hate to be like this but the burden of proof is on you here. You said that the tenno were morphing to their frames, I said no they're not. You made a claim and provided nothing, the burden is on you to prove that claim. 

I hate to be like this but the burden of proof is on you here. You said that the tenno were morphing to their frames, I said no they're not. You made a claim and provided nothing, the burden is on you to prove that claim.

The proof is in the codex entries which state that the tennos are twisted. And that science and reason failed within the void.

Nothing more is really at the table.

You told us the devs said this and that without any proofs. But you take this into your assumptions instead of looking at the present lore we got. Implied or in written form.

So just go through the game and give me logical evidence to prove me wrong or right. You cant.

I just stated that it is possible that the tenno could be deformed like hell. And no one actually knows how the frames get around a tenno. But assuming the materials we use to create a warframe let us guess they are part nano biological technology and could be able to form around a tenno.

I never said it isnt possible to have multiple tenno,but it got less logical. You stated the whole time one tenno per player cant be possible. So in fact, it's your turn to prove your point.

Edited by sp33chle55

The proof is in the codex entries which state that the tennos are twisted. And that science and reason failed within the void.

You told us the devs said this and that without any proofs. But you take this into your assumptions instead of looking at the present lore we got. Implied or in written form.

So just go through the game and give me logical evidence to proof me wrong or right. You cant.

I just stated that it is possible that the tenno could be deformed like hell. And no one actually knows how the frames get around a tenno. But assuming the materials we use to create a warframe let us guess they are part nano biological technology and could be able to form around a tenno.

Oh come on...one word does not a whole point make. Twisted could mean any number of things, not that they're gender-benders. There's just as much support for my theory as there is for yours. When it comes down to it neither of us can really prove anything, and I'm pretty sure that's the way DE likes it.

So just go through the game and give me logical evidence to proof me wrong or right. You cant.

I found the theist!!!!!

Regardless, you also said;

The devs never said anything like that. Someone quoted steve he said like one tenno per frame and at a later dev stream he told us thats not true.

Thats also possible, sounds logical.

Could ya pick that one (that devstream that cements your statement as fact) out for us? And while I said to say it, Vaugahn, I think it would be best for you to provide the proof for your case as well.

"A man with proof is never afraid to show it."

- Matthew Vincett, 2014

But, to go ahead, and debunk your "twisted so they're morphing!" theory, "twisted" doesn't have to mean LITERALLY able to twist:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282141-tenno-unmasked-valkyr-and-nekros-zerojackdaws-art-couscous/

Those are PRETTY TWISTED.

Edited by Morec0

Could ya pick that one out for us? And while I said to say it, Vau, I think it would be best for you to provide the proof for your case as well.

- Matthew Vincett, 2014

I'm on a search for it right now. I think it was devstream 8 or 9 so it's a little hard to find.

I found the theist!!!!!

Regardless, you also said;

Could ya pick that one (that devstream that cements your statement as fact) out for us? And while I said to say it, Vaugahn, I think it would be best for you to provide the proof for your case as well.

- Matthew Vincett, 2014

But, to go ahead, and debunk your "twisted so they're morphing!" theory, "twisted" doesn't have to mean LITERALLY able to twist:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282141-tenno-unmasked-valkyr-and-nekros-zerojackdaws-art-couscous/

Those are PRETTY TWISTED.

Yeah, so whats the point of your contribution again?

You're telling me we dont know exactly what twisted means. Thats not proving anything. So how exactly did we get any further?

Oh wait, lets just look every dev stream again. Yeah. :-)

Im repeating again and again. Just look at the materials we need to build a frame and tell me how it works. Well, it's scifi so ummm... Its all part speculation part science.

I think vaugahn is right. De likes it to have room for speculations, thats all.

Edited by sp33chle55

Well I'm almost positive it was devstream 8, but that's so far back that it's probably purely academic at this point. However, between the Ember Prime codex and Vor's musings I believe a solid argument for one tenno per frame can be assembled. 

Edited by vaugahn

They dont have to be gender benders. Its the suit, not the tenno. Of course this is a guessing. But no one knows how the frame-tenno engagement work yet.

If they're not, Saryn's... Capacitors on her... Breastplate don't need to be quite as large as they are. Makes the WarFrame much better to look at, but a bit heavier and off balanced.

you know, in the future, mad-crazy-powerninjas have the power of magically sucking an entire himan being into the palm of its hand.

So a digitized brain would be able to be installed into another body, given the proper mods.

Is the Tenno Alive? if you consider a Soul the essence of a being! then yes.

If you require one unique body per Tenno, then no this theory is false.

But looking at the facts at hand;cloning is commonplace. Robots with advanced Ai and personality do exist.

Warframes are built after a blueprint by gathering the needed materials. all warframes look the same. There are not slim Rhinos anymore than there are fat Nekros.

So we must be talking clone bodies here. Where have we seen this before?

sixth Day, Moon, Oblivion, Surrogates(well remote control but still very similar), Aliens(Bishop and many android soldiers)

Ghost in the Shell , Galactica, Star Wars: Clone Wars, and I am sure many more.

it allso explains why a Tenno can be revived by using energy. Now that's fast healing if I ever saw it.

so a Tenno is Energy like Vor says, just digitized energy boosted to Godhood by the Void crazy energy mutations.

Your thoughts?