The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Individuality Versus The Player's Account? (Lore Solution)

Aktriaz

There has been a lot of talk of what the Tenno are, between actual lore (as little of it as we have) and how they are depicted in the fandom. I gave it some thought, and came up with an idea of how having multiple warframes on one account, still being referred as the same person/entity, while still keeping their individuality (to an extent).

A Tenno "family" is the account of the player. While each Tenno/Warframe has their own personality, gender and such, they are telepathically linked to all the others in their family. When a new Warframe is added to a family, a new mind is created as well, linked to the family.

Tenno are almost always called by the name of their family, followed by their warframe's name (or the Tenno's name, if you so wish). Hence why the Stalker calls you by your family's name (i.e., your account) rather than the Tenno's name. If referring to an individual in the family, they're called by their warframe's type, otherwise, you're addressing the entire family.

So it's kinda like Tenno are individuals, but at the same time sharing their minds. Like a mini hivemind.

I think a good lore reason Tenno in the same family ca't go into the same mission with each other, is that it is distracting when too close, being "louder" when closer. When not in a mission, Tenno don't need to worry about the telepathic chatter, as they don't need to focus their attention. This is why Tenno can go into missions with Tenno from other families, being unable to telepathically communicate with them, they are unhindered.

It's a pretty stitched-together explanation, but it's what I'm going to believe until lore contradicts.

I have to agree with ValhaHazred, I see myself as an individual Tenno, and the Frames are suits of armor that give me abilities. I can't agree with it being a "Family". Tenno is more or less a Title than a Surname. Named after Hayden Tenno.

Edited by Phyrosite

Man, your solution is unnecesary because there is NO question at all, Steve CONFIRMED that we are ONE SINGLE tenno, and the game reinforces this with characters refering to you as ONE SINGLE tenno, also we built frames and wear them, is very clear, and again, Steve, you know... the creative director of Warframe, pretty much THE VOICE of what is lore and what is not confirmed we are one single tenno.

The idea that warframes and tennos are the same thing is a disturbing one.

tennos wear or use a warframe, if they are warframes, then the player can basically sell a tenno who is apparently a sentient being who developed all these cool technology. that's basically slavery and this game would be just as bad as pokemon.

I think each tenno is some super AI who uses warframes to realize their actions, therefore the gender doesn't really matter.

You don't sell members of your family man! not even for ~3000 credits

Edited by MemeticRepo