Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ordis Quest

The_Gaming_Dead

The fact the Ordis is a bit umm glitched, I feel that there should be a quest that Ordis actually goes complete rouge (despite that he sounds evil in between is glitching moments), NOTE: since Ordis is a robot I prefer this quest to be a Corpus quest since we have a grineer one as a starter quest. 

So after a while playing the game, getting segments left and right, one moment, Oridis goes off com, everything in the ship becomes glitchy, He then show's himself as the evil side of himself. Contacting the Corpus fleet as ordis speaks to you. as the Corpus ships arrive, Lotus warns you and that you have to dock your ship and fight in the Corpus ship, As you are fightning, Corpus walkers take's Ordis's data base and take him with them, After extraction, the Lotus will be speaking to you about what can happen when Ordis takes an advantage. She tell's you to go to a few missions to gain some materials/parts to help fight ordis, once you get the last material, you'll notice that lotus has becomes off com. Ordis has taken over the lotus and now its your turn to help the lotus. Once you go into the assassination mission, you'll have ti fight Ordis after the Corpus installed his data base into a massive and powerful robot, (like a corpus version of ODA). Finally after a long and challenging fight you'll go into the base's mainframe and free the Lotus (and maybe, possibly if this idea is good: you'll finally see the lotus in person).

Well tell me what you think :3

I like the idea of it, but I'm not entirely sure how it would fit into the existing "lore" as Ordis seems to be shown as a kind of bumbling but harmless AI, kinda like Wheatly from Portal 2.

but wheatly betrays you

but wheatly betrays you

Because he goes mad with power, it's strongly implied to be Aperture itself that's insane and not the individual AIs running it, judging from how GladOS frees you in the end.

But, you make a good point. AI companions who seem glitchy and funny who go on to betray you are done a lot, and they've been done very well. Ordis being an unequivocal ally would be a reversal of expectations in of itself.

the idea of an ordis quest is good, but the exemple you re giving doesn t fit ordis himself since he s never evil against the tenno, but against everything else, and he s not really evil, he s more like expressing himself a lot, like when at the start when you have to fight vor for the first time in the quest and that he discovers that you have to go on mercury, he says that the heat drives him..*glitch*

i don t think ordis would go against the tenno, but more like the lotus the grineer and the corpus (maybe infested too)

This would probably cause way too many problems writing-wise as your own game menu tries to kill you. If your own ship is going rogue, where do you go between missions? I don't think the Liset can actually function without Ordis...

Besides, as others have mentioned AI's going rogue is kind of cliche. I personally kind of like how he seems to be teetering on the edge of madness and yet still proves perfectly functional and loyal. He's not showing any signs of wanting to kill you, he's just like a butler that's half polite, formal, and subservient and half cranky, sarcastic, and crude. Most of his bad side's ire has so far been directed at seemingly everything except the Tenno and the Lotus. I just don't see him turning traitor, even if he were to go full defective.