Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Did "rush" Become More Important That Decent Survivability?

Kylecrafts

I mean, I see so many players on low, mid and high levels running like Usain Bolt with Rush mods, but crazy-low survivability. If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds.

I don't think I've seen someone with Redirection and Vitality for months. It seems Vigor or lonesome Redirection is all they think they need to go up against 25-35 enemies. Some however, do use Redirection and Vigor, but this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd.

I don't even think I can recall even one occasion I've seen any player use regen speed mods. And Rush is a staple? I just don't get it.

/rant

If you did wonder how I typically build my Frames:

Redirection

Vitality

All 4 Abilities

Fast Deflection

Flow

Intensify

Continuity/ Fortitude

~Kylecrafts

Edited by Kylecrafts

I mean, I see so many players on low, mid and high levels running like Usain Bolt with Rush mods, but crazy-low survivability. If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds.

I don't think I've seen someone with Redirection and Vitality for months. It seems Vigor is all they think they need to go up against 25-35 enemies. Some however, do use Redirection and Vigor, but this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd.

I don't even think I can recall even one occasion I've seen any player use regen speed mods. And Rush is a staple? I just don't get it.

/rant

~Kylecrafts

its the games fault that they dont kill anything, get stuck in a corner/lag and then get pwned and beg to be rescued

Why go slow when you can go fast?

Because:

"If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds."

and

"this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd."

Edited by Kylecrafts

Because:

Once you hit a certain point enemies are going to shred you regardless of whether or not you're using a Redirection, Vigor or Vitality. 

Might as well go fast.

(That being said, I still use either Vitality or Redirection on my frames depending on which they benefit more from)

Edited by (PS4)Gage_VH

For the most part I really never bothered with equipping more than redirection. I've never felt the need for anything more on a squishy frame.

Furthermore the argument for running rush over a defensive mod is simple, if you move fast enemies have a hard time hitting you, meaning you take less damage

It isn't something that everyone can pull off well, but it does work

I usually use maxed Redirection and Vitality and, if there is one more slot, Vigor too if the Warframe has a good amout of base health/shields.

Every time I make a build, FIRST of all I put these two/three mods,  and THEN think about energy/abilities and so on. 

I don't think I have rush on any of my frames....

I did have it on my frost for a while cause he was so slow but I've replaced it with some duration mod for snowglobe and I just slide attack to go faster.

Not really seeing the point of rush when your slide attacks propel you faster but oh well.

I actually thought using a rush build was stupid until I tried it

Speed or Decent Survival?

Why not both?

Although not the best build, I think this counts as decent survivability and speed build

nFvrv0w.png

It's actually fun to do speedruns IMO.

A pure speed build with below than decent defense is fun to give yourself a challenge if you got nothing to do in the game at the moment. See how fast if you can finish a mission with minimal damage sustained.

Rush? i guess because noobs haven't figured out how to copter yet.

Not all weapons are viable for coptering. This is a problem if you are leveling certain melee weapons for mastery

One must realize that when one is not host, his ability at dodging bullets excel greatly...

Lol. Usually when I (rarely) play online, I'm always the 'good guy' that heal bleeding mates. 

You know, the ones that come against level 30+ enemies with 300 Shields and 300 Health and die at the first gas/toxic/slash status change or under enemy fire.

Because once you go black, there's no going back

I feel that if I equip both vitality and redirection on my frames, that I just don't have enough mod space for everything else. For example, I like slotting in a fortitude because the knockdown resistance is amazing and if I use vitality as well, I won't have enough slots for my stretch / continuity / intensify etc. 

you can do both by just coptering around. Only Endless modes will really rip you to shred after a long time. The rest? Press 4, whole room cleared. Pick an energy orb, go next room.

Also, your build plan already failed the moment you think all 4 abilities are needed. Most frames only press 2 buttons no matter how much you try to make the other skills good. They are completely overshadowed by the 2 or 4 most of the time. Having 2 mod slots wasted on Abilities means less slots to supplement your 2 most used spells.

Edited by Zeitzbach