Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Did "rush" Become More Important That Decent Survivability?

Kylecrafts

For me it depends from frame to frame, and public to solo. Frame that already has high shields/health I will put the mods but the squishy frames are better off without redirection vitality and vigor to me. They're already fast, so just increase on that (glances at Nova).

Solo I don't go fast, but Public I just slap on speed mods in case they wanna race with me. But if someone need help, I just slow down or rush back there. YOu know, Speed mods actually help in public. If someone wanders off on their own and dies, Copter+Speed mods help A LOT. 

Valkyr on the other hand? sweet jesus its like shes in quicksand all the time.

Not meant to be an insult but...

Ever heard of Ripline? I go with Ripline+Hysteria build. Allows me to catch up and troll my clanmates etc.

Oh and one more thing for the copter thing... Try this: Wall run, but just as you touch the wall you wait for a VERY short while and jump off. It's sooo much better than copter for me, but you need a wall though. TBH we are supposed to be ninja. You know, parkour everywhere to get there faster. That's why we even have it. But then came copter, and we saw it was faster. Since it's here, just use it. Faster way to get there is better anyways, unless you like slow stuff.

Because:

"If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds."

and

"this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd."

What "high Levels" ?

There is no level in WF where you can´t oneshot enemies with one soma bullet / brack round if you don´t talk about 45min+ Survival or high wave defense...

I've never used rush and rarely add more than redirection unless I just have tons of room (mirage) or I want to make sure the frame is durable when it normally isn't (desecrate nekros).

My nova only has redirection no rush and lets me last forever. Though I do copter a lot.

I'm sorry but there isn't a frame in this game that needs all 4 skills on at once. You should forma one away very first chance you get. Then you can wear all the mods you listed which I don't completely agree with but have at it and still wear rush.

I'm sorry but there isn't a frame in this game that needs all 4 skills on at once. You should forma one away very first chance you get. Then you can wear all the mods you listed which I don't completely agree with but have at it and still wear rush.

Loki, Mirage, Banshee, Vauban. I found 4 already.

Because:

"If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds."

and

"this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd."

Shrug. You can kill, go fast, and be durable all at once you know. It takes a grand total of THREE mods to go fast and be sturdy. Those being Redirection, Vitality, and Rush. Just because someone goes fast doesn't mean they die easily in this game.

I mean, I see so many players on low, mid and high levels running like Usain Bolt with Rush mods, but crazy-low survivability. If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds.

I don't think I've seen someone with Redirection and Vitality for months. It seems Vigor or lonesome Redirection is all they think they need to go up against 25-35 enemies. Some however, do use Redirection and Vigor, but this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd.

I don't even think I can recall even one occasion I've seen any player use regen speed mods. And Rush is a staple? I just don't get it.

/rant

If you did wonder how I typically build my Frames:

Redirection

Vitality

All 4 Abilities

Fast Deflection

Flow

Intensify

Continuity/ Fortitude

~Kylecrafts

A valid point. I've been on missions where the lemmings blindly rushed about and I had to go back and get some folks they left behind (who were closer to them than I was). I play Volt myself and never rely on just my shields to do the job. My layout incorporates redirection and vitality. Of course, I primarily prefer to tear stuff up with my silva/aegis or fang primes.

But yes, rush is a staple for me to keep up with the rushers and, most importantly, to rapidly engage/disengage/change positions with the foe.

As for myself, I've been looking for a more tactical team of folks that like to explore and enjoy the game. If you're interested, send me a message and we'll do some stuff.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

At low levels you don't even need the extra durability.

At super high levels you will be 1-shotted anyway.*

So going fast+skill is pretty much always the better option.  Being invisible or invulnerable is the best option.

*The one exception is that if you have a tough base frame, you can invest in durability so that you can only be two-shotted at high levels.  This can save you from one mistake or glitch and is a worthwhile option.

Ash is a particularly good choice as you can get invisibility, invulnerability (blade storm), fast base speed, and can even buff up defense because you have a high base vitality (so you can be 2-shotted instead of 1-shotted at high levels) - he has a lot of "outs" for survival.

With Ash you can play just slightly sloppier than a Loki player, and for some people (like me) that is a good fit.

I use Rush on some frames, mostly those with CC capabilities. I mostly play the Void and rush is great there because i avoid 90% of the shots fired at me so i don't need redirection or vitality. But hey, that's just me. My style of play is run a lot and shoot a lot, I rarely stand still and I wallrun and shoot when possible.

Honestly, i laugh everytime when I see someone using Loki or Ash and has redirection equipped.

I use QT + Rage + Flow on squishy caster frames. Works extremely well with my Accelerant Ember, since I was able to take a sh!t ton of hits in a Nightmare Pluto Mobile Defense mission one time (debuff was No Shields, and I only had 300 Health max).

Ash is a particularly good choice as you can get invisibility, invulnerability (blade storm), fast base speed, and can even buff up defense because you have a high base vitality (so you can be 2-shotted instead of 1-shotted at high levels) - he has a lot of "outs" for survival.

With Ash you can play just slightly sloppier than a Loki player, and for some people (like me) that is a good fit.

Ash is love, Ash is life.

But seriously, I was able to last for an hour of T3S at one point. Didn't went any further because the rest of my team was getting killed, though. This is probably why Ash isn't a team player, and that more people prefer Loki. But c'mon, they're both completely different frames. One is a close-range dmg dealer while the other's a CC trickster.

Edited by Yazeth

Loki, Mirage, Banshee, Vauban. I found 4 already.

You listed some frames and that's great but every one of those has one skill you don't need on. There are better mods you can put in their place to be better in the long run.

Edited by Zoibs

As Loki, no amount of survivability mods is going to keep high level slash procs and toxin dots from killing me- so I don't bother with them. Better to play to your strengths than try to patch up your weaknesses... and fail at it.