Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spectra And Embolist Needs Love

VestaStorm

These I think are the only 2 continuous secondaries currently, and well they suck. Don't get me wrong I used to love them and have 2 formas on both of them. The problem with the both these 2 guns are their terribad range and ammo efficiency. Embolist is one of 2 rank 8 weapons and for it being  rank 8 it does not compare to other guns. Its range is about that of a spray can which melee can easily out damage and even out range. The Spectra on the other hand has somewhat decent range but the rate it burns through ammo is stupid. One thing good about the spectra however is it moderate status chance, but it has pretty low base damage. Out of  the secondaries these the two I see so very solemnly  . I think for the spectra to be better it needs to burn through ammo slower, so i dont have to reload it every 5 seconds, and maybe a slight increase in crit chance so it can at least do a little bit more moderate damage. For the embolist range and maybe the ability to use firestorm.

Maybe an Akspectra and Akembolist just for a thought ;)

Edited by VestaStorm

The only thing I'd change about the embolist is the range. but only by an extra few meters. It is a secondary so it shouldn't have the same range as say, the ignis. Basically enough so you don't feel like you're spraying a napalm with space pepper spray. I don't enjoy having to practically be inside what ever I'm trying to kill.

That would encourage me to use it way more.

its a shame because I really dig the embolist.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I think one way to render the embolist more useful would be to have it leave persistent gaz clouds similar to what the Torid currently does.

The spectra needs a massive damage buff if it wants to see any use whatsoever. Would also be kinda nice if they gave it some innate punch-through.

Edited by Cyborger1

I think one way to render the embolist more useful would be to have it leave persistent gaz clouds similar to what the Torid currently does.

The spectra needs a massive damage buff if it wants to see any use whatsoever. Would also be kinda nice if they gave it some innate punch-through.

They'll need to buff the Flux Rifle as well.

I think a good way to solve ammo problem would have been to put a corrupt mod that decreases fire rate and boost something else for pistols

But that ammo pool is sooooo tiny like 240 for a gun that can shot at 10 rounds a second, 24 seconds of firing time aint very viable even for a secondary

Edited by VestaStorm

I like the persistent gas cloud idea. That would help a huge amount.

I think a good way to solve ammo problem would have been to put a corrupt mod that decreases fire rate and boost something else for pistols

But that ammo pool is sooooo tiny like 240 for a gun that can shot at 10 rounds a second, 24 seconds of firing time aint very viable even for a secondary

I don't have as much an issue with running out of ammo because I normally use Pistol ammo mutation or pistol ammo pick up aura if you can afford to waste the aura slot. You can also use ammo restores if you have a few seconds to wait around. It would be a good idea to increase the base ammo pool size for weapons like the embolist etc or where its needed. Its a bit strange to have the same base ammo value for every weapon in one class.

I like the persistent gas cloud idea. That would help a huge amount.

I don't have as much an issue with running out of ammo because I normally use Pistol ammo mutation or pistol ammo pick up aura if you can afford to waste the aura slot. You can also use ammo restores if you have a few seconds to wait around. It would be a good idea to increase the base ammo pool size for weapons like the embolist etc or where its needed. Its a bit strange to have the same base ammo value for every weapon in one class.

I tried ammo muts on both of them, but i still run out of ammo lol

Embolist works best with a booben or a disarm Loki.

Anyone else it becomes rather lack luster.

Extra range is fine, but it has more issues than just range.

Mainly ammo consumption and delayed damage, previously it ticked damage at 0.1 a second, now you have to wait a full second for your damage to appear.

And that makes it bad, because not only is damage delayed, proc rates are affected.

Edited by fatpig84

I think the main problem is with continuous fire weapon logic as a whole. Ever since they changed the damage-tick frequency, using them never really felt the same. All continuous fire weapons feel a bit too slow now, which already disincentivizes the already sparse usage of Embolist and Spectra.

Although, even before the change, I would scarcely see Spectra and Embolist as often as a Synapse (and Flux, but only before damage 2.0). I guess the problem is that they both have pretty small ranges and don't put out the damage of other continuous fire guns; especially in a game where you are trying to maximize damage and minimize risk of encounter.

Edited by Otenko