Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Knockback

MemeticRepo

not really a bug, but there are sections of the boss fight with jackal that is quite unfun.

not to say that he's too strong or anything, it's more to do with the animations.

so if you fight the jackal long enough (Assuming you don't 1 shot him after his first down) he'll start to move towards the edge, and once you get close to his edge he'll knock you into that edge and continue doing it since if you get knocked off the edge there's a very clunky animation where you're basically stunned for 1-2 seconds. this means you're basically off the edge before anything even registers. and this happens over and over until the bombs kill you. he can trap entire teams this way.

I know this is situational, but is there a way to reduce the duration of that animation after getting knocked over the edge to offer some counter play to his knock back? 

obvious rhino counters this but most people fighting the jackal are farming FOR the rhino parts.

edit: AND... this is why this game is still anti-noob-friendly.

Edited by MemeticRepo

fighting the jackal is surprisingly easier to do solo since reviving teammates basically means you're free knockback... also there's this really weird glitch where when you're reviving someone and you get knocked back, you start flying towards the ceiling edges while still reviving that person. once the person's revived you fall into that ditch and gets trapped by the aforementioned incident.

Edited by MemeticRepo

I had fight with him fairly recently where he was stomping so frequently there was nothing I could do to him. And I was lagging so badly that I couldn't seem to do ANY damage to any part of him. It was terrible and made me look bad in front of the newbies who I was supposed to be carrying through the mission. He randomly died later on which left all of us confused.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

when the Jackal throws the tantrum (repeatedly stomping the ground) he basically stunlocks the players on the pits. I think that the main problem are the pits, not so much the boss' mechanic itself. 

The Jackal's arena should be changed. Instead of the pits, maybe we could have portals on the walls which lead to the opposite side of the arena. The portals could give the same delay to the warframes as the delay imparted by the pit fall, but instead of locking the player in place, would transfer them to the other side of the arena. This way, the Jackal could still throw his tantrum to send all players flying away, but the players would not be irredeemably stunlocked till death. 

Or even simpler, the pits could be a no-way out  by climbing back up by simply being too high, but have a sloped vent which would require the player to go through it to get back into the arena. It could have the exits on higher ground and would remove the player from the boss fight for a while.

Those vents could have a periodic power surge which damage shields but not health (maybe damage a bit of energy too) to prevent the player from camping there

Edited by BrazilianJoe