The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sechura Conflict: Who Will You Fight For?

APBladeX

Some of you guys don't know it, but actually that fight was old eclipse vs new. All of the old people that used to control Eclipse left and made Ice. So the Eclipse that is there now is most likely very different than what people remember. But I can't say with 100% certainty. Eclipse surprisingly is on the right side of things. I would like to think that they promote competition, unlike most alliances that collude together and exploit to prevent it.

edit: if organized teams win and disorganized teams lose i see that as an indication that skill and tactics are rewarded here..

I think it is obvious that the game where you have to watch for your re-spawns, simultaneous attacks and spots for energy-regrouping will be won in a stable team much easier, than with a bunch of randoms that play each one on their own and revive you once a match if you lay in front of them.

To have a full coordinated team with payers, that you played with for ages is NOT a wonder of tactics - it is a privilege that is limited to attackers right now.

Skill can be shown by using the strength of warframes in an open fight - not a spamlike spawn-bashing and standing infront of shooting enemies, that can't even dmg the AI mobs, course of the dmg reduction, to have any hope of leveling up.

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

Some of you guys don't know it, but actually that fight was old eclipse vs new. All of the old people that used to control Eclipse left and made Ice. So the Eclipse that is there now is most likely very different than what people remember. But I can't say with 100% certainty. Eclipse surprisingly is on the right side of things. I would like to think that they promote competition, unlike most alliances that collude together and exploit to prevent it.

All the old people that controlled eclipse did not in fact go to ice, only a few did.

Sorry ios autocorrect

Edited by theclinton

Eclipse actually kept their promise and make Sechura tax free once again. Let's see how well they maintain this policy

No. The responsibility does not rest singularly on eclipse. You have just as much responsibility to fight for it. They will not fight for something the community is not willing to fight for themselves.

All the old people that controlled eclipse did not in fact go to ice, only a few did.

Sorry ios autocorrect

Okay, maybe not all the ones that "appeared" to control it. But my statement is true. Those people are the ones that controlled and what made Eclipse terrible. If you were in on the meetings, you could clearly tell who was running things.

While it is true that three of the clans that use to be in Eclipse left the alliance and formed ICE, what isn't is the fact that every old decision made by Eclipse while those three clans where in it was their sole responsibility. Eclipse is a democracy ( or at least it was while I was in it). Regardless of who prepossessed what action, those actions where not carried out without the majority vote of each clan that was a part of Eclipse.

Now the part I find amusing, is that Eclipse now praises space confederation and 0% taxes, but back when I was a part of eclipse both fusion community and CM had nothing but contempt and scorn for said traditions.

I think it is obvious that the game where you have to watch for your re-spawns, simultaneous attacks and spots for energy-regrouping will be won in a stable team much easier, than with a bunch of randoms that play each one on their own and revive you once a match if you lay in front of them.

To have a full coordinated team with payers, that you played with for ages is NOT a wonder of tactics - it is a privilege that is limited to attackers right now.

Skill can be shown by using the strength of warframes in an open fight - not a spamlike spawn-bashing and standing infront of shooting enemies, that can't even dmg the AI mobs, course of the dmg reduction, to have any hope of leveling up.

i really don't see how its limited to attackers since you get the same situation if the defending team is well organized and the attacking team with limited respawns is not. but i guess it all depends on which side of the fence ppl are in a given moment .. i noticed they tend to complain the other side has an advantage even if its not the case.

to me the issue here seems to be the unlock levels players get when not joining from the start of the match. that is what really needs balancing and unfortunately counts a disproportionate amount towards losing or winning the match. 

No. The responsibility does not rest singularly on eclipse. You have just as much responsibility to fight for it. They will not fight for something the community is not willing to fight for themselves.

Exactly. 0% public taxes are a priviledge Space Confederation was willing uphold, and how Eclipse is doing. They've survived only by community involvement and defense. It's no different now.

i really don't see how its limited to attackers since you get the same situation if the defending team is well organized and the attacking team with limited respawns is not. but i guess it all depends on which side of the fence ppl are in a given moment .. i noticed they tend to complain the other side has an advantage even if its not the case.

to me the issue here seems to be the unlock levels players get when not joining from the start of the match. that is what really needs balancing and unfortunately counts a disproportionate amount towards losing or winning the match. 

Because you can't enter a rail as defender as a group. You have to enter individually, so you're highly unlikely to get all your team and not pugs.

Edited by BMKing

Now the part I find amusing, is that Eclipse now praises space confederation and 0% taxes, but back when I was a part of eclipse both fusion community and CM had nothing but contempt and scorn for said traditions.

This is not true. At least not for Fusion. We simply did not think that 0% was viable to maintain a node. It still isnt. The pure fact is that nobody attacked it with full force to prove that, until ICE.

You don't get the point - defenders can't stick to the same ppl and create a team like attackers do. You never know which frames the others will use in your team etc. I don't complain about overpowered situations - I point out some serious bugs.

You don't get the point - defenders can't stick to the same ppl and create a team like attackers do. You never know which frames the others will use in your team etc. I don't complain about overpowered situations - I point out some serious bugs.

I'll agree, the team makeup thing being a clear bug. In the grand scheme, a defender of a rail is at a disadvantage because of the effort they need to put forward against limitless attackers; but despite this, if you compare attacker v defender inside each individual mission, the defender role has a clear advantage.

-They have earlier access to energy and if they bring an unranked ability (unlocks very fast) they can farm the mobs right off to get their unlocks faster.

-They aren't limited to their lives and can die as many times as they want

- Most importantly, they can spawn camp the attackers to the point of having no lives (from my experience which cheap abilities like Bastille spam on the spawn point).

I'll agree, the team makeup thing being a clear bug. In the grand scheme, a defender of a rail is at a disadvantage because of the effort they need to put forward against limitless attackers; but despite this, if you compare attacker v defender inside each individual mission, the defender role has a clear advantage.

-They have earlier access to energy and if they bring an unranked ability (unlocks very fast) they can farm the mobs right off to get their unlocks faster.

-They aren't limited to their lives and can die as many times as they want

- Most importantly, they can spawn camp the attackers to the point of having no lives (from my experience which cheap abilities like Bastille spam on the spawn point).

Agree with you on most points - but later on the attackers have an easy game to spawn-camp too.

- Also they host the missions and can create a laggy experience for nearly everyone but them /him /her.

- Most of the time, you join missions where the attackers have already higher levels (don't talking about exorbitant disadvantages like they use to happen often enough too). The attackers can level up already on AI mobs, when no defenders connected yet. 

Agree with you on most points - but later on the attackers have an easy game to spawn-camp too.

- Also they host the missions and can create a laggy experience for nearly everyone but them /him /her.

- Most of the time, you join missions where the attackers have already higher levels (don't talking about exorbitant disadvantages like they use to happen often enough too). The attackers can level up already on AI mobs, when no defenders connected yet. 

Ah, that's actually good to know. Lot's of times I experienced the same as an attackers and was under the assumption that defenders somehow started with things unlocked. Come to find out, the defenders had just been in the game before us. So it seems like a common issue among both sides that needs to be addressed. A clear start point, possibly a lobby that has to fill up before it starts, instead of connecting immediately to give an advantage to some. Possibly a minute worth of warmup time in the mission before gaining experience is possible? Not sure.

The fight's done, eclipse is charging 0%. Until it's changed, it looks like I'm stuck defending the bane of my pvp existence. No offense guys, just a few bad experiences in the past.

(Edit: Autoincorrect reasons)

Edited by Bernkastal

Ah, that's actually good to know. Lot's of times I experienced the same as an attackers and was under the assumption that defenders somehow started with things unlocked. Come to find out, the defenders had just been in the game before us. So it seems like a common issue among both sides that needs to be addressed. A clear start point, possibly a lobby that has to fill up before it starts, instead of connecting immediately to give an advantage to some. Possibly a minute worth of warmup time in the mission before gaining experience is possible? Not sure.

That someone that played the mission longer than you has a higher lvl is a separate thing. Additionally - no matter on which side - you get the lowest lvl of all of your mates upon joining.

The other thing - that only benefits the attackers - is that they start the mission always first.

There is no guarantee that defenders will join from the beginning and if the attackers host is lagging, they will have possible long loading times -> the time, that the attackers use to unlock their blade storms etc. (I am sure you experienced it often enough, that you seem to join fast, but then you can't shoot or jump and have no helmet = not loaded completely - in this state, they can kill you too, however).

About 70% of all missions that I seemed to join right from the beginning, the "A"-terminal was already lost. 

I somehow like the idea of a "joining-lobby". But attackers would complain, course they will be dependent on defenders to start damaging the rail (exploit #1: No defenders= safe rail). 

Warm up time is more likely to function well :)

As for me I have seen some great ideas about changing the PvP into EvE :). The two teams of attackers and defender can't deal life-dmg to each other. They also can't activate any consoles or dmg the core. They have to protect their AI teams and attack the enemy forces to let them complete the mission. I think this will fit better to Warframe and grants more ways of tactics. 

There would be less problems with balancing, too.

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

i run just to kill the specters. I've gotten a nice handful or Rage and Berserk mods doing so.

Every time I get one to drop I don't get to keep it =(. Happened with Rage and Decisive Judgement. Both of which I actually needed.