Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Instadeath Yellow Orbs

Babellon

Question

I was playing the infested maps tonight, and on 3 occasions some yellowish orange orb floated up, and instantly killed me. what is this? what is doing it? and was it intended to instantly strip shields and kill the player?

7 answers to this question

Was it on the new Eris tileset? Was it a mobile defense?

If it's both of the above, maybe it's related to this?

Hotfix 14.1.2

Additions:

• Added in new environmental hazards for Infested Ship Mobile Defense: Poison Gas will now appear and deal Damage over Time while you are defending, you will have to seek out the ‘vent gas’ panel to disperse the hazard!
Edited by Casardis

Was it on the new Eris tileset? Was it a mobile defense?

If it's both of the above, maybe it's related to this?

Hotfix 14.1.2

Additions:

• Added in new environmental hazards for Infested Ship Mobile Defense: Poison Gas will now appear and deal Damage over Time while you are defending, you will have to seek out the ‘vent gas’ panel to disperse the hazard!

it was the hive tileset, but yes, Eris was the planet. yea I read that in the patch notes, just didn't think it was going to be instadeath every time it pops up.

yea, no doubt, figured i'd ask the general community first, if anyone else has encountered it, I'll write up a bug report, just in case it is one. simply because on 2 of the 3 times, there were no mobs in play around me when it occured.

I just played the Mobile Defense map regarding the DoT hazard. It seems your issue is a completely different matter. Now I'm kinda curious...

Was the mission type specifically called Hive?

Edited by Casardis

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the yellow orbs?

Just did the Mobile Defense myself and I haven't noticed them.

unable to get the screen shot. I only noted the orb when  it displayed an explosion over my head. but it happened so fast i couldn't catch it. did further testing, the orb may of been simply a graphic of the tileset, and the real damage may have come from elsewhere, the chargers are doing massive  damage, killing in 2 hits. cannot explain how i died without any mobs present but, also cannot sseem to recreate the exact conditions either.