Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community-Based Warframe Design

ShadowOfThorns

I think that the community should have the power to ok new warframes and or help dream up new ones.

There seems to be a lot of chatter about how one warframe is too weak or one is just like another or that it doesn't live up to its description, ect.

Maybe we can lessen this by having new warframes/abilities be put on the forum polls or something similar so the players can decide.

Yes, I do have some ideas myself, but I'd rather there stop being so much whining over how much platinum is wasted.

Think about is DE, you could easily make MORE money if the newest warframe was well loved before it's release. Maybe you could even tie new weapons into this system so the players get what they want and you get what you want.

Nekros and Zephyr were both kinda community suyggestions

Nekros was from a SilverBones suggestion for a non dmg utility frame, Nova was from Design council and Zephyr was from Volkovyi / Liger Inuzuka

Cant get the nova one coz im not in the design council, I think the nekros one is somewhere here tho, but first

Zephyr

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/121272-warframe-concept-zephyr-the-wind-elemental-artwork-included-resolved/

Edited by Somedude1000

Community cant agree on anything, 1000 people together is worse than few designers, who actually know what they are doing and can work together.

You cant really judge from the descriptions alone till you play. And even then some people will think its good, while others will call it useless. 

I'd rather see DEL fix well-known issues and useless abilities on already released frames quicker. 

Nekros and Zephyr were both kinda community suyggestions

Nekros was from a SilverBones suggestion for a non dmg utility frame, Nova was from Design council and Zephyr was from Volkovyi / Liger Inuzuka

Technically all three you mentioned, and Valkyr, came from suggestions made by the Design Council - Antimatter, Necro, Berserker, Hawk and Earth were all in the original poll that produced Nova (Antimatter and Necro nearly tied, beginning the trend of reproducing the runners up in the order they were voted on). In the case of Nova, as you said, nearly every part of the creation of her powerset was a result of the Design Council's vote (barring a few details added by Scott prior to her release, such as Antimatter Drop's ballistic damage increase or the many debuffs of Molecular Prime); the other three, however, had their skills entirely crafted by Scott (to some... controversy).

I wouldn't quite say Nekros was the result of a suggestion for a non-damage utility frame though (especially since Loki and Trinity preceded the suggestion).

We (well, some if us) do. It's called the Design Council. The DC gets to vote on names and mechanics before they come out.

Actually no, they haven't done that for a Warframe since Nova (which would make it... over a year ago). If they did, I'm sure half of the DC would be demanding that the Earth frame from the first poll finally be released (with another third asking for the most popular Fan Concepts threads to be implemented next, and the final sixth trying to promote their own Fan Concepts they'd been putting in Warframes & Abilities Feedback).

Edited by Archwizard

Pretty much everything is on schedule.

IIRC Mirage was the only frame that came out without any community input at all.

Antimatter (Nova) and Necromancer (Nekros) were nearly tied in polls.

Berzerker (valkyr) and Hawk (Zephyr) came in behind.

Water frame was a genuine fan request as there were requests to fill in the elemental roles.

Oberon was based off suggestions for a paladin frame, although he end up more druidish than paladin.

So Mirage is indeed a surprise.

Edited by fatpig84