Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Please Everyone

Kakarot-MUI

So I've ran tons of missions, ranked up many weapons and every warframe released, and now have a mastery of 16 (not bragging, there's a point I promise) and I've had many complaints about being too quick for someone and taking all the kills in exterminate alerts. So once in a blue moon I feel lazy. Had a long day at work and said to heck with it, I'll play support as loki and even scouted ahead and marked enemies and killed a few when I watched their health bar go down to dangerous levels to help them out. Even revived one of them. Now I'm getting complained to about not killing enough where as most people would just brag about having the most kills o.0? I'm sorry that I ruined their "lives"? It wasn't my intention. =/ Btw, I'm not saying they weren't good enough players to get kills on their own, but that's it's late, I'm tired, and happened to find what I believed would be a nice fun group to run with. Can the warframe community please tell me what they'd like me to do so everyone is happy? I just want to have fun playing a nice game once in a while.

You can't. I honestly play solo when I can't be bothered dealing with rushers or general unpleasantness.

Oh wait... I almost exclusively play solo...

Well, thats one of many reasons why.

Just helps to have a few people you know and run with regularly.

Generally works out better. 

What if the "online" matchmaking option was divided in two parts:

- online exploration

- online rush

And what if even Void missions could work with these "online" options as long as everyone has one key in the squad (and only one key is used randomly) ?

How is this feedback?

Well, it is feedback on the community itself I suppose. Although I could have sworn I put this under general. I apologize in advance, but I think someone moved this topic to the feedback-general or I'm so tired as I stated above that I posted here by mistake (which is the more likely possibility).

Update: I looked back to see where general topics are actually posted and I just realized that I wasn't paying attention earlier. I goofed. If I knew how to move this topic to where I wanted it to go, I would. Sorry about that TheErebus. My fault.

Edited by KakarrotSSJ4

So I've ran tons of missions, ranked up many weapons and every warframe released, and now have a mastery of 16 (not bragging, there's a point I promise) and I've had many complaints about being too quick for someone and taking all the kills in exterminate alerts. So once in a blue moon I feel lazy. Had a long day at work and said to heck with it, I'll play support as loki and even scouted ahead and marked enemies and killed a few when I watched their health bar go down to dangerous levels to help them out. Even revived one of them. Now I'm getting complained to about not killing enough where as most people would just brag about having the most kills o.0? I'm sorry that I ruined their "lives"? It wasn't my intention. =/ Btw, I'm not saying they weren't good enough players to get kills on their own, but that's it's late, I'm tired, and happened to find what I believed would be a nice fun group to run with. Can the warframe community please tell me what they'd like me to do so everyone is happy? I just want to have fun playing a nice game once in a while.

You could just ask if anyone minds if you go crazy and kill everything. I usually appreciate that, most of the time I've been asked that, I don't care and tell them to knock themselves out.

The thing that annoys me when I'm killing stuff at my own pace (usually because I'm working on the affinity bonus) instead of rushing is when I'm killing something and someone who's rushing comes up from behind and steals the kill. Sometimes I'll ask if they can leave some enemies for whatever affinity I'm working on and I'll move away from them and kill something else. If they come up and do it again a few more times, I go into kill nothing mode and just pick up loot and open containers and lockers. Often I will go quickly and make it to the extraction area either before or soon after they do, but instead of heading on to the extraction point, I will then wander off and either return at or close to :01 left, or just go and derp in another area until the countdown is expired. They usually leave the squad after extraction, which is fine with me. If they don't and I'm not in the mood to continue looting, I may opt to sit there and not vote until they press "Start Timer" at which point I will wait until there's 1 or 2 seconds left before leaving the squad. Otherwise if I'm in a sadistic mood, I'll run more mission starting automatically in slow & loot mode...best level is if they need to open a door with two people. :)

- online exploration

- online rush

And what if even Void missions could work with these "online" options as long as everyone has one key in the squad (and only one key is used randomly) ?

Yeah, I've suggested that in other threads too. It would be nice to have a sub-category so people can join like-minded missions. Especially for void missions where people want to explore and/or get into all the loot/secret rooms.

Edited by CedarDpg

- online exploration

- online rush

Not a bad idea. Would save having to brave recruiting to get a like minded squad together just for alerts and general missions. Although, I always thought if you were going to rush you would just play solo anyway. Chances are if you can rush the lvl you wont need help. Rushing is fine if you're all there to get in and out quickly, just not if one half of your squad is there to enjoy the experience or not keen on racing everybody.

A filter would be a nice addition.

Although, I always thought if you were going to rush you would just play solo anyway. Chances are if you can rush the lvl you wont need help. 

For most people who speed race through the levels, I think they often play online in hopes there'll be more people in a rush. More people in a rush usually means a better possibility that everything gets killed even faster meaning shorter times on runs on average since people can rush in different directions on some maps that spawns happen on different branches.