Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Play And Mob Count

Babellon

6h1A9vV.jpg

I post this to demonstrate something,  How is this amount of mobs considered viable game play? Why are solo players forced to play on basically empty maps? Why is solo play even an option, if we're to simply run through empty maps with nearly no mobs and simply click an objective? I personally, came to play warframe. WAR frame. Grineer-massive army of cloned beings rolling through the galaxy trying  to take over planets. Corpus- Massive army of technological units rolling through the galaxy. only thing standing between them is the tenno. Where are the armies? I go to a corpus base, and find 80 mobs, I go to a grineer base, and find 64 mobs. THIS is not an army. 

Solo play should be just as fun and viable a play style as the coop game is. I don't know who it is that's giving you the impression that soloists  can't play with a large number of mobs, but some of us can, and would really like to. 

Where did my Warframe go?

The EXP gains are less now, since U14, and sadly the mob count seems to be getting smaller. If the only viable game mode for warframe is coop play, why is solo mode even still on the menu? If solo mode is meant to be a part of the game, why are we getting so few mobs on the map? When I first started playing this game, I could get 500+ kills on a map. that number has been dwindling more and more as the months have gone by, and now, I get 64. Maybe 100 if Im lucky, and really hunt for them.

You've given us a new UI, a player ship, beautiful star scapes outside that window. A dojo to build and decorate. Plenty of planets, maps, and mission types to work through, but these things mean nothing, if there are no mobs to shoot at when we enter a map. Can we please have plenty of mobs to shoot at too?  I've noticed there is a cap of total mobs on any map. at some point,, the mobs simply stop spawning all together. Why? Shouldn't the grineer be pretty angry with me for blowing up their base, capturing their vip person, attacking their boss? shouldn't the corpus want to stop me from sabotaging their ship? Shouldn't a massive galleon floating through space have thousands of soldiers? shouldn't that base have thousands of troops walking around, hunting me down? 

let me repeat, Where did my Warframe go?

The EXP gains are less now, since U14,

Can you give examples of what is giving less exp than before because the only numbers I remember are Infested small stuff giving 100 each on Sechura if shot with a rifle and that hasn't changed.

Me and my friends don't even like the number of mobs in groups, we would love to have more. The problem is that lower spec computers can't run effectively with that many on the screen. Hopefully this changes someday with optimization patches.

mirage+hall of mirrors+phage= u cant see S#&$ and everything dies => no problems with amount of mobs on screen cause technically they are invisible - hidden behind all that phage lasers x5

=D

Can you give examples of what is giving less exp than before because the only numbers I remember are Infested small stuff giving 100 each on Sechura if shot with a rifle and that hasn't changed.

there was a huge thread about it but mostly it is eximus exp was cut down from 4500 to 450

Edited by Pro3Display

Those are full sweeps, checking every room, every corridor, completing the objective, and going to extraction. on a nova using no powers, with only a shield and HP mod in place. Sure, its great for speedy runs, because there's no point to going slow. since the mobs stop spawning or spawn in small numbers, scattered through out the map. in the moment, when you're surrounded, its sure exciting, then you run through 4 rooms, with nothing. 

Once you complete the objective, the mobs get thinner. if you try to stay in place and farm kills, the mobs stop spawning after a couple waves.

Right after U14, it seemed like mob density was better. Now, Im back to finding empty maps again, or close to empty. sporadic mobs, small groups, spread out over a large area, or spontainously spawning in a pack, then lots of empty space between the next spawn group.

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

If I might be so bold as to suggest, making a minimum cap as well as a maximum cap. what i mean is, have no less than 200 mobs spawn on a map. if you must have a maximum mob count then make it 800. so between 200-800 mobs, on any map. multiply that by the number of players on the map. 

1 player(solo) 200-800 mob count

2players(duo) 400-1600 mob count

3 players(trio) 600-2400 mob count

4 players(full group) 800-3200 mob count

min allowable-maximum allowable. 

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

Can even take that a step further, for the sake of the new player on starter worlds.

first 3 planets (mercury,venus,earth)

mercury 50-75 mobs, new players, low level weapons, no ammo. makes since not to overload them with mobs...

venus 75-100 mobs, 

earth 100-150 mobs, scaled by number of players, as in the example above.

everything after earth, has a minimum mob count of 200, for solo, and doubles per player in group. 

so, it would look like this

mercury - 

solo 50-75

duo 75-100

trio 100-150

quad 150-175 total mobs on any map

Venus-

solo 75-100

duo 100-150

trio 125-175

quad 150-200

Earth-

solo 100-175

duo 125-200

trio- 150-225

quad 175-250

after earth-

1 player(solo) 200-800 mob count

2players(duo) 400-1600 mob count

3 players(trio) 600-2400 mob count

4 players(full group) 800-3200 mob count

So you basically want easy to farm maps?

Why should up to 500 mobs spawn after you have completed the objective, or for that matter, why should they just come at you in highly convenient packets for you to farm mods?

What should be happening in reality is mobs all moving towards the same objective as you and then ambushing you on-mass when you get there. Possibly closing a door behind you and then focus firing.

Seems to me you want Extermination map type easy-mode with much larger mob pool in order to keep killing stuff.

I have run Kappa for Oxium to build Zephyr. That map kept spawning things non stop. I usually stop after I have killed between 50-70 Oxium Ospreys just because I'm worried about a crash, and time wasted.

50-70. OXIUM OSPREYS.

You have ANY idea how many normal mobs we had to mow down to get that many Ospreys? We just went left 4-5 tiles then back, then back again, and things kept spawning.

If you have trouble finding things to kill, seems to me you need to find different places to do it on.

Edited by DSpite

Can even take that a step further, for the sake of the new player on starter worlds.

first 3 planets (mercury,venus,earth)

mercury 50-75 mobs, new players, low level weapons, no ammo. makes since not to overload them with mobs...

venus 75-100 mobs, 

earth 100-150 mobs, scaled by number of players, as in the example above.

everything after earth, has a minimum mob count of 200, for solo, and doubles per player in group. 

If it doubles per player in group, then shouldn't it be:

After Earth: 

Solo: 200-800

Duo: 400-1600

Trio: 800-3200

Quaddro: 1600-6400

In any case, seems to me that would not only drive away the casuals and new players, but would also make each level a lot more time consuming. Which is fine to some extent, but most normal people wouldn't want to deal with levels taking up to 8 times or more long as they do currently.

They could offer different level modes, I guess. Like they have with nightmare modes...

Level selection:

Normal mode

Nightmare mode

I have nothing else to do so give me 2 million mobs mode

etc.

I get what ya'll are saying, even if some a bit sarcasticly, My point is,, 41 mobs on a map makes for a very empty map. I get that I can go do defense, or survival, that still doesn't mean the normal maps should be nearly empty. It is very anticlimactic to go through that effort of developing weapons, frames, all that, then go on a map and only get  41  mobs, on the entire map. 

Yes I have had maps spawn more mobs than that, I'm saying more than anything that it should be a norm to get 200+ mobs on a run, not a random rarity. to that point I think the mechanics which govern mobs spawn rates, and min-max count  should be examined a little more closely. maybe my numbers are a bit over the top. How ever I also think an empty  map  makes for no fun. When I go from end to end of a map, and make a loop 3 times, hunting for mobs, and barely break  100, or in the case of corpus break 150, its to thin. 

Those screen shots are of completed missions, where i walked the entire map, searching for mobs, I didn't just run to the objective and run to the extraction, I searched for mobs. 41 kills, 64 kills, heck, 195 kills, is low, when you've gone over the entire map to find them.. 

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

to respond to someone above me- No I don't want to just "easy farm maps", I want to feel like Im actually engaged in combat, in a war, not playing hide and seek, while  I navigate the entire map, looking for those random spawns, and low mob counts.

41 mobs total, on the entire map for a capture mission on Uranus is low, very low.. when you  explore the entire map, those maps aren't tiny, and 41 mobs spread out over the entirety of it makes for a lot of empty space. Not all of us want to just speed run, hit the objective and race to extraction, just to do it over and over again. And I think its about time some of the gamers, the soloists start speaking up, before People who want to insist they keep lowering the mob count ruin this game with  suggestions about how hard they have it if they actually have to pause and fire that weapon for more than a few seconds.

Yes I acknowledge that I have gotten higher mob counts than that on maps in the past, I have gotten upwards of 7-900 kills on maps on occasion, but again, that shouldn't be a rare occasion, and I should never encounter an empty map and yes, I consider 41 mobs on Uranus to be an empty map. 

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

If you speedrun and in some easy stage like Saturn, yes, you don't meet many mobs, but if you take it easy (and in endgame you'll have to unless you equip some press to win frame) you'll notice the enemies will pop out of nowhere from thin air and will be even harder to deal with too.

I still remember the latest infestation event, i was praying God to make the game stop sending mobs endlessy and let me progress with the stage rather than just keep spamming the melee attack button.

cJCOW53.jpg

Uranus, sabotage 132 mobs. what i am trying to demonstrate here is the inconsistent mob counts on each run. inconsistent and low mob counts. 

As i've said before I do not just speed run to the objective ignoring mobs, I kill everything I come into contact  with, I explore all the rooms, go in every possible direction there is available. in this case, there was an entire section of map completely empty. I ran from beginning to the extraction location without doing the objective, then ran back to the objective, did it, and then ran back to extraction. 132 total mobs,, and empty rooms. With alarms sounding, I didnt reset alarms, only unlocked doors as it occured.

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

85d5d09ff7.jpg

Cyath, Eris

Thank you. This goes to my point of mob counts. Infested we can get high mob counts. Corpus and Grineer we barely break 200 on a map, sometimes we don't even get 100, as some of my screen shots show. There needs to be an increase to mob density on the maps. In addition to smarter more responsive AI. Its time we started addressing the matter as a viable mechanic, rather than simply reducing the mobs, and giving us speed maps and simplistic battle engagements that barely amount to a momentary skirmish we blow through with one shot,standing in the middle of the room.

I agree and disagree at the same time. While I'd love to see more enemies for solo play, in maps like Interception that's gonna be a pain in the @$$ for most people likely. It'd be nice if there was an AI that did spawns based on how well you're wiping things off the map, and would spawn things to attempt to counter your playstyle. Cough vauban cough. Sadly, I don't think DE's up the the challenge. It'd likely be quite difficult to write out that AI. Plus then there's the possibility of it being exploited by the player simply intentionally doing bad / not doing anything at all. I dunno.

Edited by Gryffinhart

I agree and disagree at the same time. While I'd love to see more enemies for solo play, in maps like Interception that's gonna be a pain in the @$$ for most people likely. It'd be nice if there was an AI that did spawns based on how well you're wiping things off the map, and would spawn things to attempt to counter your playstyle. Cough vauban cough. Sadly, I don't think DE's up the the challenge. It'd likely be quite difficult to write out that AI.

Well,, truthfully upping the mob count probably wouldn't be overly difficult in itself I would think, but whether that could be done on a per map basis is another question entirely. Not to speak of it over simplified but if its anything like many of the games i've modded over the years,, theres some setting in there, within their server coding  that determines that. So increasing a value of itself seems simple, but then, modding is completely  different from working on a major project such as  this game. and all  of what i just said is complete assumption  on my part, being that I  know nothing about that element of running such a game.

Just did an amazing run on Neptune. Very fast paced lots of spawns, very aggressively coming  after me, almost continuously, wonderful, exciting run. Unfortunately it failed but not because of mobs, because  the door wouldn't  open as I was  trying to make my way to extraction. Never the less, I wish i could take  devs  into that run and show what Im talking about, or had log files  that could reflect that last  run. was  wonderfully exciting and  fun. Now if every map could be exactly like that.

My final count  on it at the time  of fail  was  267 mobs, and I wasn't  near  extraction  yet. Loved it.. but again,, the fail was a door bug, not the mobs or  difficulty level. I'd almost think someone read this and did some funny internal adjustment, and if so, keep it, lol, I know thats  not true but still.