Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glaive

MacKillicutty

So I played Dark Sectors and was wondering if it'd be possible to add the pick up function to the weapon. Always thought that was really cool. Simplest way I can think of implementing something like this would be to add like a mini Vauban Vortex to the Glaive that only works with drops. I'm sure DE has thought of it, they're a smart bunch.

Edited by MacKillicutty

They're*

Trust me. You don't want to enter this territory. Their are so many mispellings and hard to read messages on the forums, itd give Strong Bad enough stuff to work with for a couple of years.

Anyways, I'm not sure what you mean by the pick up function? Could you clarify a little bit on what you mean?

They're*

Grammar police, yet correct.

I agree with you Mac, it would be cool, kind of like a throwing carrier sentinel. However I think that that'd be more likely implemented in a new glaive style weapon rather than the current, may not fit with the whole symbolic boomerang blade thing.

Maybe, given you can blow up the glaive by hitting channel as it flies, you could have another glaive weapon that after you hit channel when it flies it will continue at reduced damage but pick up whatever it flies over. For clarity of naming let's call it the "Pickupmaximus" for now.

Why on earth ... ???

Is this another "I like sitting on my safe high spot and not bother to go down an pick stuff up so I need a new mechanic" type post?

Please give an example as to why it would enhance game play and in what possible weird arsed situations it would be better then just walking the hell over there.

Why on earth ... ???

Is this another "I like sitting on my safe high spot and not bother to go down an pick stuff up so I need a new mechanic" type post?

Please give an example as to why it would enhance game play and in what possible weird arsed situations it would be better then just walking the hell over there.

sitting on a perch and can't collect loot because you'd risk getting grabbed by 10 or so ancients with their hook whips and pulled into a disruption followed by a toxic ancients poison cloud and sneeze then proceeding to get mauled by the cannonfodder while trying to getup and survive the aforementioned scenario with the ancients. it would give the mildly weak melee weapon some UTILITY beyond slug round shotgun melee.

sitting on a perch and can't collect loot because you'd risk getting grabbed by 10 or so ancients with their hook whips and pulled into a disruption followed by a toxic ancients poison cloud and sneeze then proceeding to get mauled by the cannonfodder while trying to getup and survive the aforementioned scenario with the ancients. it would give the mildly weak melee weapon some UTILITY beyond slug round shotgun melee.

One could always wait for the enemies to be deadified first. The loot isn't going anywhere.

Yes, lets add more weapon functions to allow safe farming of stuff. Brilliant idea. Pretty sure DE will go right along with that.

Do you actually know what you are supposed to do when Lotus says "you can leave now"? You are supposed to leave. Staying in the mission only serves the purpose of farming, and the mobs increasing levels are meant to apply pressure on you to leave.

If you don't feel that pressure because you are sitting on a perch and are inf fact EXPLOITING weak AI pathing, you are not meant to get ADDITIONAL tools to make your life easier, you are in fact meant to find mobs that can get up that perch and kick your arse.

So again, "no" to this incredibly stupid idea.

Well the Glaive in Dark Sectors had this function. I just think it'd be cool to see in WarFrame. Maybe give this ability to the Glaive Prime?

The two games are not even REMOTELY related as far as gameplay. Not a good example.

Yes, lets add more weapon functions to allow safe farming of stuff. Brilliant idea. Pretty sure DE will go right along with that.

Do you actually know what you are supposed to do when Lotus says "you can leave now"? You are supposed to leave. Staying in the mission only serves the purpose of farming, and the mobs increasing levels are meant to apply pressure on you to leave.

If you don't feel that pressure because you are sitting on a perch and are inf fact EXPLOITING weak AI pathing, you are not meant to get ADDITIONAL tools to make your life easier, you are in fact meant to find mobs that can get up that perch and kick your arse.

So again, "no" to this incredibly stupid idea.

Why are you so mean? Its just an idea no need to be an &#!...