Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Being Rewarded For Leaving Asap In Defense Missions

Vard

Does it bother anyone else that on defense missions like Sechura, most pug players always want to leave at wave 5 for the credit reward?

I feel they should be encouraged to go longer,

maybe they get the reward by staying till wave 10 or 15,

or perhaps increase the reward the further you go?

The current reward system doesnt really fit the way a defense mission should be played

not everybody goes there for exp like you. Most people just want to take the credits. Feel free to hate but nobody likes you for staying longer

I understand people go there for credits.

Im saying that leaving at wave 5 of a defense mission shouldn't be the fastest way to get cash

If you made it a 10,000 credit reward every time a group member died, no one would ever revive

Edited by Vard

Just lower the initial payouts and have the pay out double every 5 waves.  So if going 5 waves pays 10,000 cred then make staying 10 waves pay 20,000 creds, staying 15 waves pay a total of 30,000 creds, and so on.

I was thinking the exact same thing as this guy.  Makes a whole lot more sense.

I understand people go there for credits.

Im saying that leaving at wave 5 of a defense mission shouldn't be the fastest way to get cash

Well then, the credit cost of most of the stuff in game should be lowered or we should get more credits off of alerts or regular missions/lockers/containers.

Until they do that, there should be at least 1 place where you can earn decent amount of credits in short time.

Talking about Dark Sector defense and survival since they give a whole lot more credits than regular defense and survival missions.

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol

It's not. You can speedrun two T3 Captures faster than a Defense I think. Either way you can definitely speedrun one T3 Cap and that gives more credits.

It really depends on what the goal is. If you want a quick bit of credits and the taxes aren't too insane, then leaving after 5 and repeating the process as quickly as possible often makes sense. If you're after drops or xp or keys, then staying longer is better. Usually I end up going with a friend who constantly needs credits, so we end up leaving after 5 on Sechura. Also, if the wave set rewards on defense were cumulative, it might be more incentive to go longer. I know on survivals we will often stay as long as possible (or until we get tired/bored of it) since we know we get each of the interval rewards.

(PS4)DesecratedFlame, on 03 Aug 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Just lower the initial payouts and have the pay out double every 5 waves. So if going 5 waves pays 10,000 cred then make staying 10 waves pay 20,000 creds, staying 15 waves pay a total of 30,000 creds, and so on.

If they did this, you would be guaranteed that most people would stay as long as possible. Good idea. Too bad DE probably won't do that.

BrotherIcarus, on 03 Aug 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Why should they be punished for leaving early? If you want to play a certain way that is great, but don't expect everyone else to play that way as well.

This game is full of self-centered kids. As are most. I will usually just go with the flow. If the party wants to leave early, I leave early. If the party wants to stay longer, unless there's a good reason, I stay longer. But then you have a lot of people who flip out if you don't do what they want. :) For example, not everyone wants to do 40+ minute survivals, but you'll often see people get mad if someone wants to leave at 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. On alerts, it often doesn't make sense to stay more than the minimum amount of time to get the reward.

Cerberus_Sokol, on 03 Aug 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Well then, the credit cost of most of the stuff in game should be lowered or we should get more credits off of alerts or regular missions/lockers/containers.

Until they do that, there should be at least 1 place where you can earn decent amount of credits in short time.

Talking about Dark Sector defense and survival since they give a whole lot more credits than regular defense and survival missions.

I agree.

BrotherIcarus, on 03 Aug 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

There are already a tonne of benefits to staying longer, you get more EXP better and better rewards.

A lot of people aren't after XP. Right now I still have a bunch of weapons and frames that need XP, so sure, I wouldn't mind. But once those are forma-ed and max ranked, there's no need for XP. Drops? Sure. But often I'm not there for drops. If I'm farming for components, I'll stay a lot longer than if I'm just there for credits.

Edited by CedarDpg