Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Being Rewarded For Leaving Asap In Defense Missions

Vard

Put it this way pal, you go in with a bunch of random people.. dont expect them to stay that long because well you know.. they're strangers. There is no communication between you guys i assume so people will do what they want. 

Want to go further? Go gather a team and say what your goal is

It isnt hard to figure out the logic going on here. 

Edited by Genzaio

Why can't we simply have three dark sectors on Pluto? One for rifle xp, one for pistol xp (like we have now) and one for credits. Make it an exterminate or something, so it makes sense. Then the only problem we'll have will be people using the wrong weapon or skills to clear waves.

So basically you want scaling rewards, 10k for wave 5, 25k for wave 10 and 50k for wave 15?

Just lower the initial payouts and have the pay out double every 5 waves.  So if going 5 waves pays 10,000 cred then make staying 10 waves pay 20,000 creds, staying 15 waves pay a total of 30,000 creds, and so on.

This won't fix the problem. As the difficulty scales up with time, the amount of time to clear the wave will rise. In terms of credits/minute, it's inefficient to stay past 5 still. Make it beneficial to go for 15 minutes is the key

So basically you want scaling rewards, 10k for wave 5, 25k for wave 10 and 50k for wave 15?

This won't fix the problem. As the difficulty scales up with time, the amount of time to clear the wave will rise. In terms of credits/minute, it's inefficient to stay past 5 still. Make it beneficial to go for 15 minutes is the key

It will fix the problem because stay = exponentially better pay out.

It will fix the problem because stay = exponentially better pay out.

Clarification post, since I reread my earlier quote and it was a tangled mess.

Currently, there is a flat payout for mission completion, regardless of the length (in terms of waves), which encourages players to leave at first extraction available to maximize the credits/minute (I'll be using cred/min as the value we want to maximize).

If we simply increased the payout in a static rate, 10k/round-of-5, it would in no way increase the desire to stay longer. As the round numbers rise, the enemies scale up, leading to increased time spent per wave. This increase in time negatively affects our cred/minute rate.

If we scale up with a slight bonus( 2.3 x <previous credit value>, or (<previous value>*1.3)+10k) encourages fast clear times for rewards that are above the classic round 5 pick-and-go.

In short, A 10k-20k-30k system will perform weaker than a 10k-25k-45k system when it comes to incentivizing players to last as long as they can per mission.

Yeah, you get the mod after paying plat and you level it up on your own time with credits you've earned from missions.  If players want to risk it by staying longer, that's their choice, but if they want to leave after wave 5 then I don't get the big deal.

I was referring to the trading tax on plat.  If credits were harder to grind for it'd take a lot more work to trade for plat.

why would you play on 100% tax rail

Resource farming. 

Clarification post, since I reread my earlier quote and it was a tangled mess.

Currently, there is a flat payout for mission completion, regardless of the length (in terms of waves), which encourages players to leave at first extraction available to maximize the credits/minute (I'll be using cred/min as the value we want to maximize).

If we simply increased the payout in a static rate, 10k/round-of-5, it would in no way increase the desire to stay longer. As the round numbers rise, the enemies scale up, leading to increased time spent per wave. This increase in time negatively affects our cred/minute rate.

If we scale up with a slight bonus( 2.3 x <previous credit value>, or (<previous value>*1.3)+10k) encourages fast clear times for rewards that are above the classic round 5 pick-and-go.

In short, A 10k-20k-30k system will perform weaker than a 10k-25k-45k system when it comes to incentivizing players to last as long as they can per mission.

If you read my previous posts you will see that I suggested

B(1+0.1W) as the payout every 5 waves with B being the base pay and W being the number of waves you have remained.

So if the base pay was only 10k, at wave 40 you would get paid 50k for waves 35 - 40 alone.

I am also suggesting that it is compounded w/the first 5 waves only paying the base rate. So:

Wave 5 complete = 10k

Wave 10 complete = 20k

current total= 30k

Wave 15 complete = 25k

current total = 55k

Wave 20 complete = 30k

current total = 85k

Wave 25 complete = 35k

current total = 120k

So in a defense mission with a 10k base pay, you would make 120k in just 25 waves. Getting to that just by doing 5 waves each time would take 12 runs, or 60 waves.  Add in the time it takes to reload each time and you end up with spending much, much longer cred farming doing only 5 rounds each.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Uh...seems like you missed your mark there.

I don't think so.

pvp feed back? lol it's been alone in gd for 2 days or something leave it be

The OP talks about DS defenses, and thinks DE should encourage the players to stay longer than 5 waves. Nothing will happen if it's not considered feedback.

And being in GD for X days is not a free-pass to be a GD.

This has nothing to do with PvP.

Dark Sectors are considered PvP. If I'm mistaken and it's about defense against Infested (DS or not), i can move this into Feedback Mission. The OP talked about credit reward, so i think it's related to a Dark Sector.

Now, when you disagree with/don't understand a moderator action, use PM to talk with him. Thanks. (as a result, use PMs from now on to talk with me).

If the OP still disagree with the placing of this thread after having PMed me, then he can ask a new review from another moderator.

why join a group and ruin someones elses fun ..by ip leaching..if not going to stay.

On the flip-side, I often join a squad with some friends who do the whole start mission, get to wave 5, leave, rinse and repeat thing. It can be mind-numbing, but people join our already formed squad sometimes if there's an empty slot, so by dictating that we stay longer, they're ruining our "fun." If they don't like it, they're more than welcome to leave. I usually will just go with the flow. If a majority of people want to stay additional waves and vote that way, I will stay longer too. There is little incentive to stay longer when you're farming credits. Maybe if it's like survival. (Those same people, when we do survival runs...we'll stay 30-40+ minutes.)