Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need To Play To The Enemies Strength! Sniper Towers & Turret Gunners!

OrphanMaker

Hi, I have noticed that one of the biggest problem in this game enemy difficulty. The biggest problem is the fact that we are not playing to the enemies strength. What I mean by this is, the enemies are fighting to the tenno's strength. The enemies simply stand in the open and shooting. Shooting out in the open is the strength of the tenno because tenno have high mobility and shields. The enemies on the other hand have low health, usually, and low mobility. Factions like the Corpus and Grineer strength is in taking cover, so why is it we have no missions or maps that make us play to their strength?

I am not saying we should play like the grineer and corpus and take cover. What I am saying is, the corpus and grineer maps should be more fortified. Their should be areas in which sniper and turret gunners should sit in choke points and towers waiting for tenno. These fortified postions would not allow tenno to switch teleport or use some type of mobility to attack them. Tenno, players, should have to shoot turret gunners and snipers in the head or back to kill them. Maybe even flank them. What I am saying is, there should be more fortified choke points or towers that force players to fight to the enemies advantage.

Extended on: Their could be large gates with tower on earth. These towers will hold snipers and turret gunners. The only way to kill the enemies is to shoot them in unprotected areas, enter the tower, go up stairs and shot the enemy in the back or melee. Once an enemy is killed, their will be a cool down then another enemy, if there is more, will take that enemy's place. As enemies respawn in a survival, enemies will quickly reinhabit the turrets.

Next: Corpus and Grineer should have deployable cover. The corpus can have turret moas the can turn into a fortified position. The moa would go into a seated position. The it would deploy transparent shields, similar to volts shield, a corpus then would sit on the moa and use it as a high-powered turret. The shields in front of the moa would stop all damage from passing it, even explosive. The shield must be disable by shooting three nodes in a specific order. "This portion is a concept and will be further expanded on in concepts."

Now, for the infested, we are already playing to their advantage. On the infested tilesets/maps we are forced to fight in small corridors. These small corridors force us to fight the infested on their terms, which is close melee ranged areas.

Gow1-gunner.jpg

israel_wall_tower_2_UFNlj_3868.jpg

sniper%20tower%20on%20MSR%20rd.jpg

Edited by OrphanMaker

Actually, I think there is a great idea here. I'd love to see more interesting level aspects like choke points, turrets, etc. Right now all the enemies just sort of mob rush without any tactics. Little touches like this would add to the environment and make for a more interesting game.

A problem I see is that when I start to see enemies that are really tough is usually late in survival/defense, and in such situations the enemies quantity just make it impossible to use any strategy than spamming abilities and shooting everything, that's why CC abilities and weapons able to spread their DPS are so efficient while sniper rifles for example are outclassed, tactics like taking cover and actually planning what to do become harder to use at some point (and they're not really needed before that point). Whenever the enemies start imposing their power over you the game's pace won't allow you to do much more than rely on your own brute force or exploit your abilities.

A problem I see is that when I start to see enemies that are really tough is usually late in survival/defense, and in such situations the enemies quantity just make it impossible to use any strategy than spamming abilities and shooting everything, that's why CC abilities and weapons able to spread their DPS are so efficient while sniper rifles for example are outclassed, tactics like taking cover and actually planning what to do become harder to use at some point (and they're not really needed before that point). Whenever the enemies start imposing their power over you the game's pace won't allow you to do much more than rely on your own brute force or exploit your abilities.

I think that is due to unfinished aspects of the game. Also you are playing survival, am not talking about the enemy scaling. What I am suggestion is the maps should work to enemies advantage.

For instance, in the void you have parts of the floor that pop up, for no reason really. Well, there should be parts of grineer maps that shoot up curbs that will give the grineer cover. The maps should be more dynamics to help the eneimes based on their strength. The grineer like to take cover, so the maps should become more fortified when on alert, am not talking about doors closing here, I am talking about cover popping out the ground, spikes flying out wall, or walls becoming electrified like in pvp maps.

The corpus should have shield like volt that they can deploy. The grineer needs mechanical deployable cover to help support themselves.

Maps should be more dynamic to support the enemy faction based on their fighting style. The enemies are at home so they should have the homefield advantage.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Sorry if I generalized it a bit. I think your idea would be great, but as stated by PeanutMonster, that would result in whiners all over, with the "game now is impossible to play" arguments, unless those mission types were restricted and didnt give any special reward (no void then), but then I'm afraid another type of whiners would whine about it being too hard and giving no reward...

Personally I'm all for difficulty increasing, but I'm really pessimist about it, just for seeing the feedback on any slightly harder content DE releases I can tell a substantial part of the community doesnt want the game to be any harder, including some that like to say the game is too easy just to play the gaming badasses.