Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Xini Looks Terrible..

o0sayan0o

slowpoke_zps77aff07d.png

lol... This picture just made my day.

Anyways, I love the new Xini's map, but I dislike the pathing the infested use, as the OP said, they get stuck everywhere. 

If you want the old Xini, it is still on other nodes, just not Xini. I'm not sure, however, why the OP posted this, I realize he doesn't like the new map, and wants the old map back with some new effects added to it, but is it just because the new map is now not the, per-say, "normal" Xini (easy as hell to farm, only 3 ways things come to the pod)... In other words, is this a "DE took away my farm, I want it back!" post, or actually relevant?

So WTF happened with my old xini ?? i am playing since update 6 and i loved to play xini but now its boring as f... 

... And the old Xini wasn't? Wow, I didn't realize pressing 4 to kill the whole map was interesting and the best gameplay ever to exist in Warframe...

lol... This picture just made my day.

Anyways, I love the new Xini's map, but I dislike the pathing the infested use, as the OP said, they get stuck everywhere. 

If you want the old Xini, it is still on other nodes, just not Xini. I'm not sure, however, why the OP posted this, I realize he doesn't like the new map, and wants the old map back with some new effects added to it, but is it just because the new map is now not the, per-say, "normal" Xini (easy as hell to farm, only 3 ways things come to the pod)... In other words, is this a "DE took away my farm, I want it back!" post, or actually relevant?

... And the old Xini wasn't? Wow, I didn't realize pressing 4 to kill the whole map was interesting and the best gameplay ever to exist in Warframe...

actually it was press E if u were playing it right..

I'll never understand why people still cling to Xini being a staple mission. It hasn't been a premier spot for xp/mod farming for a LOOONG time. Honestly, ask yourself, other than the name "Xini" giving you warm and fuzzy feelings, why are you clinging to that mission node in particular? As pointed out before, you can play Akkad, and you will get BETTER rewards for doing so. You get to play your old corpus map, and you get more out of it, and it is still in the same level range. 

Why the Xini fixation?

My only issue with the new Xini/infested defense map, is the size of the pod room, the old Xini map had a HUGE space, which made it rather easy to take out the infested from a good safe range, but was still easy for the infested to get the drop on you, or zerg rush you. it had 4 major bottle neck points to the pod, and I would of much rather have a newer infested version of that map, than one we have now. In my last mission some of the players on my team, minus the one DE player, they all more or less ran into the tunnels/holes in the map to fight the infested, which meant every wave I'd have to run down those same tunnels to hunt for dropped loot. In the old Xini Map, I didn't have to do that, I could sit at any point on the map and see if and where loot dropped, rather than risk running through a maze. Plus most of the teams I get matched with like to camp on the ridge/pit edge right behind the pod, leaving the pod exposed, which the old map didn't have that problem. Granted I was running as Nyx, so I could easily defend the pod, but it was a pain to get my team mates to move close to the pod. 

43Emprah, why the Xini fixation, you've said it your self, "It hasn't been a premier spot for xp/mod farming for a LOOONG time." people get set into their old habits, and any change is evil to them, and even tho Xini hasn't been a great spot for any kind of farming, it's at least a spot that people who don't realize this fact still go, thus a good number of open lobbies and a short wait to be matched with a team. The only reason why I still play that node is because #1 it's a spot I enjoy playing because of the short match up wait. #2 I can pronounce Xini a hell of a lot better than I can Akkad, and my clan mates don't have to sit there and figure out what the hell I'm trying to say.

I'll never understand why people still cling to Xini being a staple mission. It hasn't been a premier spot for xp/mod farming for a LOOONG time. Honestly, ask yourself, other than the name "Xini" giving you warm and fuzzy feelings, why are you clinging to that mission node in particular? As pointed out before, you can play Akkad, and you will get BETTER rewards for doing so. You get to play your old corpus map, and you get more out of it, and it is still in the same level range. 

Why the Xini fixation?

Use logic, because other same type maps are empty, even on xini time to time hard to find full team, for noobs this map is important to xp and only this one is unlocked first on eris.

Sadly this still works for all and every map. In fact thanks to the overabundance of energy leechers and disruptors and that DE actually takes this "press 4 and kill everything" when setting "difficulty" infested became somewhat tedious to play against. No, not challenging - it's not a challenge if you cannot do something against it and since it's kinda hard to defend against an enemy taking your energy to 0 just be appearing in the next room I wouldn't ever call these opponents a challenge. Including the disruptors as they are just as impossible to defend against when fighting against infested. If you are shooting, you cannot block their hits, if you use melee... well, most likely you will be hit anyways because of the unresponsive melee system.

You know, you press melee twice and the character WILL do those moves even if you smash your head into the keyboard, doesn't matter what you press. No surprise no other game uses such keyregistration system - it's awful and it was about time to get it ruled out... like in U6 or so? Actually it should have never even existed in this form. It makes doing these so called combos hard even because of timing issues (you have to learn "when" it registers your keypress and hope you don't mess up instead of just pressing it when it SHOULD register).

For further details: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/212182-melee-20-and-stances-what-it-should-have-been/?view=findpost&p=2667856

I haven't seen the new Xini yet and I bet it looks beautiful (on that part I never had a problem with DE... maybe too much brightness, like in void or loading screens) - what many liked in Xini was that it was an actually enjoyable experience where you didn't have to rely on pressing 4 to destroy everything and could fight with melee and/or weapons. Kiliken's dam (or what that is) version is similar in that matter.

Why the Xini fixation?

Good luck farming grineer stuff on Akkad then. Sorry but I'm with the OP on this one - Xini might be outdated or whatever, but it was a versatile map (since it changed hands in the past) while still providing us with a balanced gameplay, without the usual "you can't access the map after you got home from work since someone thought it would be nice to spark a conflict". Actually I farmed the claw stance there since it wasn't exactly easy to do it - I needed a map where I could actually do it without taking a year and boring the hell out of me (as voids and overall most stuff - well, putting that stance which Rarely drops to begin with put onto enemies that Rarely spawn themselves, resulting in a double rare item... seriously, that's just evil).

Edited by K_Shiro

Use logic, because other same type maps are empty, even on xini time to time hard to find full team, for noobs this map is important to xp and only this one is unlocked first on eris.

That didn't really address any of my points, but uhm... ok? 

Xini is FAR from being the only map in its approximate level range for "noobs" to use for xp farming. Xini is only popular because it USED to be advantageous to farm it, because the mod pool was entirely open and not enemy specific, and there were less comparable nodes. This is no longer the case.

Now with Dark sectors, and the hefty boost in xp they offer, players have a LOT of nodes to choose from for farming infested. Also, other than when conflict is in progress, there is ZERO decent reasoning to choose running Xini over Akkad, as far as xp farming is concerned. I also NEVER have trouble running Akkad at any hour of the day. I use that node constantly when I forma a piece of gear, or need to level a new item/frame/companion. I tend to do these kinds of runs at very odd hours, and find people easily.

That didn't really address any of my points, but uhm... ok? 

Xini is FAR from being the only map in its approximate level range for "noobs" to use for xp farming. Xini is only popular because it USED to be advantageous to farm it, because the mod pool was entirely open and not enemy specific, and there were less comparable nodes. This is no longer the case.

Now with Dark sectors, and the hefty boost in xp they offer, players have a LOT of nodes to choose from for farming infested. Also, other than when conflict is in progress, there is ZERO decent reasoning to choose running Xini over Akkad, as far as xp farming is concerned. I also NEVER have trouble running Akkad at any hour of the day. I use that node constantly when I forma a piece of gear, or need to level a new item/frame/companion. I tend to do these kinds of runs at very odd hours, and find people easily.

What you mention are the points YOU used Xini for or why it was popular for YOU. I would take the old Xini above any and all Dark sectors any time. XP has nothing to do with it.

Sadly this still works for all and every map. In fact thanks to the overabundance of energy leechers and disruptors and that DE actually takes this "press 4 and kill everything" when setting "difficulty" infested became somewhat tedious to play against. No, not challenging - it's not a challenge if you cannot do something against it and since it's kinda hard to defend against an enemy taking your energy to 0 just be appearing in the next room I wouldn't ever call these opponents a challenge. Including the disruptors as they are just as impossible to defend against when fighting against infested. If you are shooting, you cannot block their hits, if you use melee... well, most likely you will be hit anyways because of the unresponsive melee system.

You know, you press melee twice and the character WILL do those moves even if you smash your head into the keyboard, doesn't matter what you press. No surprise no other game uses such keyregistration system - it's awful and it was about time to get it ruled out... like in U6 or so? Actually it should have never even existed in this form. It makes doing these so called combos hard even because of timing issues (you have to learn "when" it registers your keypress and hope you don't mess up instead of just pressing it when it SHOULD register).

For further details: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/212182-melee-20-and-stances-what-it-should-have-been/?view=findpost&p=2667856

I haven't seen the new Xini yet and I bet it looks beautiful (on that part I never had a problem with DE... maybe too much brightness, like in void or loading screens) - what many liked in Xini was that it was an actually enjoyable experience where you didn't have to rely on pressing 4 to destroy everything and could fight with melee and/or weapons. Kiliken's dam (or what that is) version is similar in that matter.

Good luck farming grineer stuff on Akkad then. Sorry but I'm with the OP on this one - Xini might be outdated or whatever, but it was a versatile map (since it changed hands in the past) while still providing us with a balanced gameplay, without the usual "you can't access the map after you got home from work since someone thought it would be nice to spark a conflict". Actually I farmed the claw stance there since it wasn't exactly easy to do it - I needed a map where I could actually do it without taking a year and boring the hell out of me (as voids and overall most stuff - well, putting that stance which Rarely drops to begin with put onto enemies that Rarely spawn themselves, resulting in a double rare item... seriously, that's just evil).

Uhm, Even if they hadn't changed the specific map, Eris is now infested, and even if they had retained the old map, it would be infested on it. how does farming Grineer factor into this at all?

If your issue is with Eris now being home for the infested, and not having the option to farm Grineer/Corpus there, that's an entirely different conversation.

What you mention are the points YOU used Xini for or why it was popular for YOU. I would take the old Xini above any and all Dark sectors any time. XP has nothing to do with it.

You'll notice my post was framed as a question. I didn't assert my opinion as being absolute. I asked "why the Xini fixation?" Meaning, I was curious as to why you favor xini in particular, as opposed to other nodes in the same level range, or active Dark Sectors with xp multipliers.

I asked out of genuine curiosity, not as some kind of personal slight.

New xini is pretty awesome, it might be limited to a little arena, but still awesome. You can always get the time to run out of that arena and see some amazing scenes of wha the new tileset has to offer. (The map is quite big when you do get the time to explore some) 

PS: I'd lock to prevent further derails. It is getting steamy in here. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

Old Xini was an absolute clustermess and I am all sorts of glad I will never ever have to touch it again. It had gone through many iterations and designers before I mainly ended up maintaining it and it was such a mess that even trivial fixes took ages to make. I wanted to re-do it from scratch several times but we never had time nor bandwidth for it.

I can understand looking back at it with teary eyes because of rose tinted old game flair googles, I think it was the first map I ever played in Warframe, but gameplay wise, art wise and maintenance wise it was far behind the pack and it should rest peacefully now.

Thank you :D I just played it today and it was glorious. The music reminds me of old horror movies it was so good :D

As for the spaces that infested get stuck on people should post the places that they are getting stuck (don't forget info about if you're the host and such). So far I've only seen two places by my self and both times were crawlers.

For all those that love that map you can still play it on pluto, mars and venus (some other planets I'm probably forgeting).

Edited by Postal_pat

You guys can bandwagon de all you want new xini is S#&$.

Hey dude, I see you took a pretty long time on an assignment, well TOO BAD, IT'S SH1T!!!

What's the issue? Enemies spawn a few seconds a bit later, whoo such a bad thing!!! Old Xini was sh1t13r. Why?! It was literally an old map from Venus. When you realize you'll realize that you're getting mad at nothing. New Xini is fine. Know the difference between AI and map issues.

Old Xini was an absolute clustermess and I am all sorts of glad I will never ever have to touch it again. It had gone through many iterations and designers before I mainly ended up maintaining it and it was such a mess that even trivial fixes took ages to make. I wanted to re-do it from scratch several times but we never had time nor bandwidth for it.

I can understand looking back at it with teary eyes because of rose tinted old game flair googles, I think it was the first map I ever played in Warframe, but gameplay wise, art wise and maintenance wise it was far behind the pack and it should rest peacefully now.

I Hope the map is held for reference and nostalgia purposes internally, as a ridiculous question why was the map given the phobos & earth treatment.

Wait, is the defense map that xini used gone for good?

I loved that map, it was a parkour heaven, had all sorts of great utilities(zephyr to the catwalks, and then assault downward).

It was the best "be a ninja" map in the game, and highly rewarding for doing so.

I can understand if xini itself doesn't have it anymore, but that map was excal level iconic(perhaps more so).