Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Xini Looks Terrible..

o0sayan0o

I'm from U7 and i don't mind the new Xini, you seem to be whining about the map itself being changed. Nobody likes a whiner, besides, the map is used in other places, you act as if the entire map itself was removed from the game and that is not the case. You also act as if that map was used for Xini ONLY and not any other Infested Defense map. Like someone else said, the map is still in the game if you like it so much go play a node with that particular map.

I'm also well aware the map has problems such as spawning and AI pathing issues, but those will be fixed, besides, wouldn't you get more rewards from a Void Defense or Survival? More, enemies, more rewards.

I've been really trying to like Eris but the pathing and spawning is just so terrible.  

Xini is much better for pathing than any SURVIVAL map - the infested just cannot get around those maps - they get trapped by the simplest (seeming) obstacles and are utterly baffled by the more complicated tiles.

Several objectives that make players split, will lead to more solo play and less team play.

As it stands people groan about hallway heroes, and players doing random stuff with little regard to mission objective. Like assuming everyone (but them) is at the cryopod while they happily kill things abroad and pick up far away drops.

Affinity has a range, and players not near you will not benefit at all in terms of passive XP.

Far away players will also put the drops all over the place, rendering every mission, regardless of type a scout-type mission:

incentivizing and rewarding players disregarding their (main) mission objective, running around like chicken farmers searching for eggs.

So they will die running or "scouting" instead of defending. Reviving players who are out of range will probably lead to mission failure, too.

I think we need to understand that players play defense for a change of pace and for another game mode. They can run around all they want in survivals, but when they play defense they decided to stand their ground. And this means stand. Defend. Together: Stand United. Not run and collect all over the map.

The solo aspect of our team missions is exactly why a lot of people prefer to play alone. Why should I play with a team that is generally away and not helping me; in return for harder enemies and lost rewards?

XP, nature of pickups, and nature of people dying away from their friends currently seem to contradict teamplay. Global pickups for all players might help to some degree but will not solve the overall problem. Players should play together. There is room for special missions with divided targets, but that should not be in the most popular game mode.

I like the looks of the new map (the sound sucks for me and cannot be squelched), but I don't think it justifies changing a running system.