Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pvp Is So Fun...

pikaMINDBOMB

I turn into gold and unlock that brutal tide, and MFers start shattering against my hands and feet as I dance that dance of death. 

I would like some player killing based achievements, maybe some player killing based armor. Nothing with stats, just like a cape that proves you've slain some MFers.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but hitting people in pvp doesn't feel very rewarding. Theres no hit markers or something, i dunno its just missing something. (and the whole host d/c the match ends thing)

And i mean how would they structure pvp based rewards, I would imagine they would have to be behind a grind wall in addition to somehow keeping people from spoofing the achieves to get the rewards (i'll give you 5 kills if you give me 5 kills sorta thing)

It could be interesting but I dont know if it would work very well with how the conclaves/rail conflicts are structured atm

Edited by Deadmice

I turn into gold and unlock that brutal tide, and MFers start shattering against my hands and feet as I dance that dance of death. 

I would like some player killing based achievements, maybe some player killing based armor. Nothing with stats, just like a cape that proves you've slain some MFers.

No. Heck no! See this is the very reason why people were so much against the PvP. in this game in the first place. Because there will always be these suggestions to start rewarding PvP. too when this game was never supposed to be PvP. to begin with.

I think it is a nice addition for people who think PvP. is a mandatory feature in every game, like it tends to be for newer generation players but as far as it goes, it should be a fun alternative mode and nothing more than that.

No. Heck no! See this is the very reason why people were so much against the PvP. in this game in the first place. Because there will always be these suggestions to start rewarding PvP. too when this game was never supposed to be PvP. to begin with.

I think it is a nice addition for people who think PvP. is a mandatory feature in every game, like it tends to be for newer generation players but as far as it goes, it should be a fun alternative mode and nothing more than that.

You do realize he is talking about ascetics with no stats on it. It won't impact the game at all. :/

You do realize he is talking about ascetics with no stats on it. It won't impact the game at all. :/

Yes but it would still mean that PvP. is rewarded. Not everyone likes PvP. at all, not everyone wanted PvP. to this game to begin with because for once they could play a game that has no PvP.

Now they added PvP. but it is just a mode that PvE. players can ignore as they see fit. Adding cosmetics would no longer make it a harmless mode and this was pretty much the reason why PvP. got so much resistance in the past.

I can agree to a badge. But I don't agree with adding any other cosmetic for PvP unless players are still forced to purchase it for plat (which defeats the purpose).

Plat only?

Im all for PvP cosmetics under the ame conditions as PvE ones

Near all are plat only or event

Edited by Einde
Cleaning.

-Wild and baseless claim on why PvP is bad and shouldnt be in the game followed by mindless rant on locking aesthetics behind a PvP wall being bad-

HAHAHA! yes! all my yes Azawarau :)

Also +1 to the OP, would be awesome if there were conclave stat achievement items whether it be a badge or a cape or shoulder pads or helmets.

Plat only?

Im all for PvP cosmetics under the ame conditions as PvE ones

Near all are plat only or event

A PvP event that ends with cosmetics would also be something I can agree to. I just don't like the idea of free cosmetics being given out (other than a badge) for participating in PvP when nothing of the sort like this exists for PvE (its all either event only or its a market place item and isn't specific to PvE).

A PvP event that ends with cosmetics would also be something I can agree to. I just don't like the idea of free cosmetics being given out (other than a badge) for participating in PvP when nothing of the sort like this exists for PvE (its all either event only or its a market place item and isn't specific to PvE).

There could be one PvP cosmetic just to celebrate but without more PvE based ones its imbalanced

I think everyone will agree here...

There could be one PvP cosmetic just to celebrate but without more PvE based ones its imbalanced

I think everyone will agree here...

I am not so sure. Many players would disagree based on their comments. It would mean that you miss out on something simply because you do not want to play PvP. Many players were very much against PvP. but eventually players gave in for the idea ( some still didn't but it happened anyways ) so that some of the players would be more satisfied with the game.

And here it is but if you would make an event that would give out PvP. exclusive items then it would no longer be a harmless mode that people could just ignore it. Sure, one could argue that it is cosmetics but there is a reason why they sell those things. Because people buy them because they care how their Warframe virtual online characters look.

So while it is not directly affecting your gameplay. They still matter to some players so it would have to be an event that either gave you cosmetic item but you could get it from both modes or none at all. Exclusive cosmetics is the least I could imagine happening since a large portion still do not want to be associated with PvP. in any way and p!ssing off large portion of players is not a wise move for a developer.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I am not so sure. Many players would disagree based on their comments. It would mean that you miss out on something simply because you do not want to play PvP. Many players were very much against PvP. but eventually players gave in for the idea ( some still didn't but it happened anyways ) so that some of the players would be more satisfied with the game.

And here it is but if you would make an event that would give out PvP. exclusive items then it would no longer be a harmless mode that people could just ignore it. Sure, one could argue that it is cosmetics but there is a reason why they sell those things. Because people buy them because they care how their Warframe virtual online characters look.

So while it is not directly affecting your gameplay. They still matter to some players so it would have to be an event that either gave you cosmetic item but you could get it from both modes or none at all. Exclusive cosmetics is the least I could imagine happening since a large portion still do not want to be associated with PvP. in any way and p!ssing off large portion of players is not a wise move for a developer.

It would not be nearly that big of a deal.

Its a part of the game now

Its no longer a harmless mode to ignore so that step has been taken

We should try to move further on with it while DE is paying it some mind

It would not be nearly that big of a deal.

You are correct but it would be a deal. At least to some. Honestly, I used to be against PvP. myself but the recent few additions are great. However, I do not still think that exclusive rewards would be a good idea since it has had so much resistance in the past that based on the general reception before it seems as though it would be a highly risky move and I am not sure if the cost benefit is worth taking for DE.

Wait, what am I talking about? Well many players have voiced their disgust towards any PvP. related things and many of them are old timers who I know spend a lot of money on this game so I am not so sure it is wise to try to crack the support pillars and hope that the structure does not fall down, in other words, that the game pays so much losing those players and gain too little to out weight the cost and that is what I fear the most.

That being said, just like I many might have changed their opinions in the regard of PvP. mode so who knows. Maybe people would be more open to the idea now than before but like I said, it is a risk which has to be thought off before seriously thinking this move to be fulfilled.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Pvp is no where near balanced enough to be handing out rewards or badges.

Even when it reaches that point however i do not agree with it offering special badges. For rewards, if they were to give out cosmetics items i would be ok with it as long as there is a way to earn it through pve as well.

I am not against the pvp in this game at all but there should never be exclusives that come from it.

Its a part of the game now

Its no longer a harmless mode to ignore so that step has been taken

We should try to move further on with it while DE is paying it some mind

It is harmless mode as long as it doesn't have any effect on players and honestly, it still doesn't.