Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

»----» Census: Dark Sector Tax Rates

Talaiar

I knew you couldn't resist stats :p 

Hehe, most definitely not.

I just wish formatting wasn't such a huge pain... I hope DE eventually adds more BBCode support =D
Edited by Talaiar

Well now Eclipse is 1.

Yeah, I thought that was rather amusing, lol. Well, the main reason behind that is simply that I only started this project yesterday; some clans are higher/lower than they probably should be simply because there isn't enough data yet. But who knows - maybe someone from Eclipse will read this and realize how good it looks, and keep their tax low =P

Edited by Talaiar

Update:

- Main Dark Sector list moved to
Dark Sector
Credit Farming
section[size=3]
[/size]

- Added
Dark Sector
Conflicts
section[size=3]
[/size]

- Added
Featured Conflict
[size=3]
[/size]

- Added Title[size=3]
[/size]

- Updated Census[size=3]
[/size]

Feel free to bump the thread for me [size=3](for tomorrow's lot)[/size], as I'm going to go pass out now =P

Edited by Talaiar

Do you edit in all the info yourself, or do you have something pulling the numbers for you?

Sadly, I know of no way to automatically gather the data. If anyone knows of any way this could be achieved, please let me know =P

I enter the data manually [size=3](using a database)[/size]. Luckily there are only 25 nodes over 13 planets [size=3](Ur, Uranus is bugged)[/size]

Update:
- Updated Census[size=3]
[/size]

Edited by Talaiar

Nice work!

Thanks for the information :)

By the way....

21  Kadesh, Mars - (Defense) by: ICE »----» 75% »----» 700 credits p/wave
22  Malva, Venus - (Survival) by: ICE »----» 75% »----» 500 credits p/min

this^   LOL

Update: Nope, it hasn't died; I just had RL concerns the other day.

Ever since Dedjal informed me that it was possible to pull this kind of data out of Warframe directly [size=3](and auto-magically)[/size], I have been attempting to find out how to do this. It would make The Census quite a bit more accurate, up-to-date, and allow for more interesting data compilations.

I've learned that websites such as those listed below already do many of these things:

Sadly, I have not met with much success in developing this [size=3]- the people who already know how to do it seem to refuse to speak with me, lol[/size]. I've created a thread on the Help Forums tracking my progress: Data Trackers but as of yet I haven't come up with anything concrete...

I just wish this information wasn't so secretive. There is simply a ton of information available which can be automatically gathered [size=3]- hence how all these tracker websites operate -[/size] however, most of them tell you only of the current alerts - no usable historical overview, and no info such as where you should be farming.

Deathsnack's site comes the closest to this, however it adds in a lot of concatenated data which renders much of it unusable for any kind of statistical analysis [size=3](unless I did some serious parsing)[/size].

What I could do with access to all that data... *sigh*

Edited by Talaiar

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there was something in game that would show the history of the tax rate for the note while it is in conflict (at least from the time since last conflict).

This way I can play against any node that I feel has a tax rate too high until their rail goes boom.  And having such a high tax rate really seems like a cruel thing to do to to new players or players whom do not have their frames and weapons potatoed. 

Deathsnack's site comes the closest to this, however it adds in a lot of concatenated data which renders much of it unusable for any kind of statistical analysis (unless I did some serious parsing).

Deathsnack's site isn't reliable when it comes down to it, I'd trust it for alerts but he's admitted before that anything to do with dark sectors may be modified to suit his agenda.  If you're interested in data gathering for reliable statistics I'd definitely try to get his source rather than glean straight from his site.

I wish there was something in game that would show the history of the tax rate for the note while it is in conflict (at least from the time since last conflict).

This way I can play against any node that I feel has a tax rate too high until their rail goes boom.  And having such a high tax rate really seems like a cruel thing to do to to new players or players whom do not have their frames and weapons potatoed. 

Indeed. It'd be great if DE required tax rates to be set when the conflict happens and hold them there for a short time (72 hours, perhaps?) after the conflict is over, and show them when we are picking sides. Otherwise we end up with the garbage that just happened at Zeugma, Phobos with Invictus: 75% credit tax, 75% resource tax.