Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Remove The Friendship Doors.

SquirmyBurrito

These things

qegy4iU.jpg

I dislike them for the same reason that I dislike the fact that all living players must be present and near Jackal before his boss fight will start (unless that was changed). But I'm not here to complain about Jackal, because I can understand why he is the way he is. A speedrunning player could get to him, kill him, and get to extraction before new players even managed to get to the doors to his room.

That reasoning doesn't apply to the friendship doors. If I am moving fast enough that I manage to get to the door well before they do, forcing me to wait for them to catch up doesn't provide them with any benefit. Because catching up with me for that one door means nothing. As soon as that door is open I will leave them in the dust again. 

TL;DR- Read it.

Since this thread doesn't seem to really be going anywhere, here is a quick summary:

Why people think co-op doors should be removed

1. They are not effective at stoping rushers because (1) after opening them, the rusher just speeds off again, (2) only two people are needed to open them (they don't help person 3 & 4 catch up)
2. They are neither fun nor beneficial to anyone.
3. They are annoying even in single player games.
4. So they can be replaced with something else.

Why people think co-op doors should stay

1. They are effective at stoping rushers because ???
2. Just play solo instead. (sorry guys, but this isn't an actual reason for them to stay)
3. I personally do not think that it is a problem.
4. OP is trying to ruin the game for non-rushers.
5. They are a fun mechanic. (wait, no one actually said this)

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

wow this is the first time i see someone complain about these....im honestly surprised

these doors are from tenno heaven they stop rushers and help people regroup. 

don't say they do not benefit anyone because they do bring benefits. iv'e never had a problem with them and im not sure how many people do but it 'must be very little since this is the first time iv'e seen someone complain about them.

EDIT: so i took a second look at the picture and noticed you used the old UI....wow i miss it but i still love the new one.

Edited by thecool1232

the actual solution(and source of the problem) to this is to properly sort players by Mastery Rank so that newer players aren't stuck with people that don't belong with them.

while there's some lower Mastery players that have had lots of good questions for me to answer, most of the time i know i'm just kind've ruining they're experience.

if we had atleast 3 different categories of Mastery Ranks, the problem would be drastically reduced. a squad of Mastery 10+ players is probably going to move at the same pace.

everybody wins if we finally push this system that's supposed to be released already.

Argument seems logical. Giving slow players 3 extra seconds of kill time really does nothing. 

Do understand he just disproved this. 
Stopping the rusher doesn't magically make the level he has breezed through up until the door any more filled with enemies. And by the time the door gets open, the slow player has about half of a map tile before the Rusher is far enough ahead to invalidate all the work the door has done in preventing him from going on. In fact, it's probably hurting the slow player who is now running in to freshly emptied rooms instead of rooms that might have enemies re-entering it after a significant amount of time. 

Edited by LukeAura

coop doors, they are good to regroup, and it benefit slower players, or newer since if you tend to rush they will have no ppl to kill etc

No they do not. Please re-read the OP. There is no benefit for them.

take that rush mod off then, let the group get the exp they are missing cause your dogging them and legging it off on your own out of the exp share range

Stop making assumptions. There are three schools of rushing:

1. Run past everything that doesn't need to be killed. -My teammates lose no XP from my rushing.

2. Run past almost everything, but kill things on occasion (i.e- a toxic ancient that is in a doorway you need to run through). -I end up being the one who gets the least affinity for the mission.

3. Speedrun the mission while still killing everything in sight. -My teammates who are out of range miss out on XP. -Your complaint is valid.

Unless I'm playing exterminate, I always use method number two. My teammates aren't losing out on much XP for the few kills I get while rushing to the objective.

wow this is the first time i see someone complain about these....im honestly surprised

don't say they do not benefit anyone because they do bring benefits. iv'e never had a problem with them and im not sure how many people do but it 'must be very little since this is the first time iv'e seen someone complain about them.

I'd say you must be new here... but you clearly aren't. I am not the first one to complain about these things.

I thought the reason they added the door was to STOP rushing?

It does nothing but temporarily stop me. As soon as it opens I disappear again.

----------------------------------------------------------------

-Change the gameplay to Solo

-" Friendship doors " open with one click

-???????

-Win life

i'm confused is soloing not an option for you? i mean speed running is all well and good, so if you go in with the game type is solo the coop doors will open with one click. so i'm a little confused as to the problem.

'Don't like this feature that benefits no one? Go play by yourself.' That's what this suggestion boils down to.

Argument seems logical. Giving slow players 3 extra seconds of kill time really does nothing. 

Do understand he just disproved this. 

Stopping the rusher doesn't magically make the level he has breezed through up until the door any more filled with enemies. And by the time the door gets open, the slow player has about half of a map tile before the Rusher is far enough ahead to invalidate all the work the door has done in preventing him from going on. In fact, it's probably hurting the slow player who is now running in to freshly emptied rooms instead of rooms that might have enemies re-entering it after a significant amount of time. 

^This. Thank you for understanding what I'm trying to say.

If you want to rush play solo, those doors are excatly there to stop people from rushing.

Edit: Best thing in the world is when somebody is not waiting for all four players to enter the elevator and you hit and friendship door. Let that sucker wait til everybody is there.

Edited by Saske92

If you want to rush play solo, those doors are excatly there to stop people to rush. Best thing in the world is when somebody is not waiting for all four players to enter the elevator and you hit and friendship door. Let that sucker wait til everybody is there.

First, read the quote below.

'Don't like this feature that benefits no one? Go play by yourself.' That's what this suggestion boils down to.

Second, please stop making assumptions and trying to use those assumptions to argue against what I'm asking. The OP and my request don't say anything about me and elevators. And they don't stop people from rushing for more than the duration needed for a second player to catch up. As soon as that player catches up, the rusher is back to rushing. Managing to catch up for one door doesn't benefit you.

i'm confused is soloing not an option for you? i mean speed running is all well and good, so if you go in with the game type is solo the coop doors will open with one click. so i'm a little confused as to the problem.

The problem is that not only are the doors utterly ineffective in fulfilling their intended purpose, but also that they simply are not fun. They are not fun for the rushers because it essentially forces them to stare at a wall for a while until they can start playing the game again. And they are not fun for the people who are behind because it makes them feel rushed when the "Your teamate needs help opening a door." prompt pops up. They aren't fun for Solo players either because it is just a pointless pause in gameplay.

Edited by Oboeshoes92

I actually wished that they had these doors in front of every single boss room/objective room honestly....
Too many times have I done pug runs on bosses with 2 new players 1 rusher and myself.  The rusher will just go through and kill the boss and head to extraction before the new players are even half way to the boss, sometimes making it impossible for the new players to get any possible mod or resource drops from the boss.

If anything we need more of them.

Also:
If you're going to rush ahead and not play in a group, why play online at all?
Please answer me that.
Why not play solo if you're not actually going to play with the group?
What difference is there for you if you're playing solo or rushing so far ahead of the rest of the group that you have to wait for them?

Edited by Tsukinoki

Play on solo, if you're going on a boss mission to fight a boss, with other people, but then want to solo it without the people you joined because you rush? I don't see your request ever becoming a thing...

" 'Don't like this feature that benefits no one? Go play by yourself.' That's what this suggestion boils down to."

I actually wished that they had these doors in front of every single boss room/objective room honestly....

Too many times have I done pug runs on bosses with 2 new players 1 rusher and myself.  The rusher will just go through and kill the boss and head to extraction before the new players are even half way to the boss, sometimes making it impossible for the new players to get any possible mod or resource drops from the boss.

If anything we need more of them.

Also:

If you're going to rush ahead and not play in a group, why play online at all?

Please answer me that.

Why not play solo if you're not actually going to play with the group?

Read the thread.

@SquirmyBurrito
And I provided a valid reason for them existing:
To stop rushing prats from preventing new players from seeing the boss, let alone get any drops from the boss.
So it does actually serve a perfectly good purpose when they spawn in the right areas.

And please tell me:
What's the difference playing solo as opposed to rushing so far ahead of everyone else you're waiting at those doors for any length of time?

Edited by Tsukinoki

@SquirmyBurrito

And I provided a valid reason for them existing:

To stop rushing prats from preventing new players from seeing the boss, let alone get any drops from the boss.

So it does actually serve a perfectly good purpose when they spawn in the right areas.

And please tell me:

What's the difference playing solo as opposed to rushing so far ahead of everyone else you're waiting at those doors for any length of time?

Read the OP, and my posts in this thread. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Old interface yo.

That is awesome.

Yes for friendship doors, I have kinda lived with them for now.

Yes it sucks that I have to wait, but I don't expect rank 3 to make it as fast as I am.

Neither will i kill excessively while they are out of range.

Also people having ideas of grouping a bunch of rank 10 together, that creates more problems.

First, I genuinely answer questions when a new guy ask, like where you get this gun, where you get this sentinel/kubrow, how do you farm nekros etc If they do it nicely of course.

Secondly, I do educate people like not hitting the life support until it is 60%.

Leaving new players to the lurch only makes them stagnant and gives the appearance of an unhelpful community.

Lastly, do not reduce the number of game choices I have to choose.

Yes I am a hardcore Kappatalist because it is always filled, if I want to level up unranked stuff quick and easy, I go there and also for hopes of a Crimson Dervish.

Don't make it harder for me to go there :(

Edited by fatpig84

Old interface yo.

That is awesome.

Yes for friendship doors, I have kinda lived with them for now.

Yes it sucks that I have to wait, but I don't expect rank 3 to make it as fast as I am.

Neither will i kill excessively while they are out of range.

Also people having ideas of grouping a bunch of rank 10 together, that creates more problems.

First, I genuinely answer questions when a new guy ask, like where you get this gun, where you get this sentinel/kubrow, how do you farm nekros etc If they do it nicely of course.

Secondly, I do educate people like not hitting the life support until it is 60%.

Leaving new players to the lurch only makes them stagnant and gives the appearance of an unhelpful community.

Lastly, do not reduce the number of game choices I have to choose.

Yes I am a hardcore Kappatalist because it is always filled, if I want to level up unranked stuff quick and easy, I go there and also for hopes of a Crimson Dervish.

Don't make it harder for me to go there :(

Yeah it was the first picture I found when I googled 'frienship doors warframe'.

I have lived with them too, but I'd rather not have to as they don't benefit anyone.

My suggestion for their removal doesn't stem from frustration with newbies being slow (not entirely anyway). I've always found them annoying for the reasons I stated in the OP.

Took me a bit to understand that this was a reply to that taiiat.

So.... you want to play with others but you don't want to wait for other people? Is that basically it?

Why are you rushing to the end of the mission anyway?

You need to remember that if you're playing with others, not everyone likes to rush or end the mission quickly.. 
Some actually want to enjoy the mission.. 

So, if you're only rushing to get to the boss/objectives quicker & kill them quickly & end the mission, you might as well just play solo..
otherwise, you're just ruining it for everybody..

So.... you want to play with others but you don't want to wait for other people? Is that basically it?

Why are you rushing to the end of the mission anyway?

You need to remember that if you're playing with others, not everyone likes to rush or end the mission quickly.. 

Some actually want to enjoy the mission.. 

So, if you're only rushing to get to the boss/objectives quicker & kill them quickly & end the mission, you might as well just play solo..

otherwise, you're just ruining it for everybody..

Being forced to wait for other players to catch up just so I can leave them in the dust again benefits no one. This is only a problem when I get matched up with non-rushers.

Because that's how I like to play. Why aren't you?

A lot of people DO like to rush, and all these doors are doing is making it annoying for those of us who get there and are forced to wait around staring at a yellow-orange screen spamming our interaction key.

>Implying I'm not enjoying the mission when I'm rushing.

I already addressed this whole 'play solo' reply, read through the thread. 

>Assuming everyone thinks like you.

>Implying rushers are few enough in numbers that they need to put their enjoyment aside and conform to the slower crowd's style of play.

>Also implying that rushers should play solo.