Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Remove The Friendship Doors.

SquirmyBurrito

Lol, oh well. I'll continue to do as I do, rushers can continue to do as they please. You and anyone else against that mentality will just have to deal with it until when or if DE feels we're "griefing" these rushers by progressing at a normal pace and incorporate some sort of middle ground feature that benefits both parties.

For the time being until or if that time ever comes, I'll feel unfortunate for anyone rushing through missions with the chance of those doors to ever land into one with me.

From the tone of your posts, I would feel sorry for anyone stuck in a mission with you.

Or ... we improve those doors with a bit of sleight of hand: every second waiting near those doors is -10% speed

And ... all revives of the "slow" players are taken from the rushers, if they stay waiting close to those doors while their fellow tenno are fighting for their lives and take even more *** 

Patience young grasshopper

Where are all these people complaining about rushers? In all the games I've played, I've never encountered anyone complaining about rushers. In fact the only people I've encountered complaining have been about the one guy forcing everyone else to wait. I am doubtful that this rushing problem exists.

Edited by ContagiousDancing

Or ... we improve those doors with a bit of sleight of hand: every second waiting near those doors is -10% speed

And ... all revives of the "slow" players are taken from the rushers, if they stay waiting close to those doors while their fellow tenno are fighting for their lives and take even more *** 

Patience young grasshopper

How about no? Why should we be punished for getting to the door first? Why should our revives be used up just because some slow player isn't keeping pace?

I love how the OP keeps saying to "read the damn original post"

You state "I dislike them". Really? I like them, so my vote cancels your vote. /thread

---

First off, you could equip Loki and run through the entire map leaving EVERYTHING alive, forcing everyone who can't stealth to fight everything. Then you would kill the boss, run away the same way, and go to extraction. Please explain to me what you have just archived by having this system "your way".

After you do this a few times, people will be here asking for a system that stops them being teamed up with YOU, because you don't bring anything useful to a TEAM game. (look at all those caps!)

There is a basic assumption that if your team is spread out too far, you can't rez anyone who drops. In your case, it's obvious that you would not even be interested in doing so, or even protecting them in any way.

If DE changes it to be your way, the gameplay will be EXACTLY the same as if you were playing solo, so please stop your idiotic repetition of "read the post" when we say "go play solo", and go "play solo", because with your idea you are already "playing solo".

Have you even played Left 4 Dead? I would remove the doors as you asked and replace them with THOSE mechanics instead. And kill you. A lot. There is also an assumption THERE that is is a team game, do you solo commando there too? Do people even re-invite you back?

Is the coop door a good system? No. But your idea is WORSE. Congrats on that work. It's commendable. Instead of suggesting a better idea that makes the game more team oriented, you actually make it LESS team oriented.

I love how the OP keeps saying to "read the damn original post"

You state "I dislike them". Really? I like them, so my vote cancels your vote. /thread

After you do this a few times, people will be here asking for a system that stops them being teamed up with YOU, because you don't bring anything useful to a TEAM game. (look at all those caps!)

There is a basic assumption that if your team is spread out too far, you can't rez anyone who drops. In your case, it's obvious that you would not even be interested in doing so, or even protecting them in any way.

If DE changes it to be your way, the gameplay will be EXACTLY the same as if you were playing solo, so please stop your idiotic repetition of "read the post" when we say "go play solo", and go "play solo", because with your idea you are already "playing solo".

You clearly haven't read the original post at all then. 

He dislikes them, because they do nothing. 

The door will not significantly improve the odds of a rusher getting to a slow teammate because after 20 seconds of openning the door he is already out of rez range again. 

2 team mates rushing and 2 team mates playing slow will invalidate the whole point of the door. 3 Rushing, 1 slow, and then it is entirely the slow person's fault. He should be the one 'playing solo' in that perspective. 

People have already suggested systems to stop slow and rushers from being teamed up with each other. 

And if you're telling him to go play solo, do understand, that doesn't solve the problem with the doors in any ways. Rushers will continue to rush, they will continue to do so online. Directing your anger towards him will not make it stop being a thing. 

OPs point is that the friendship door will keep slow and fast players together only for a very inconsequential time, if a fast player(s) decide to move slow for the sake of the group the door is not needed and therefore worthless, if they don't care about the rest of the group, then door is worthless any ways.

Just as much as squirmy says that friendship doors don't stop rushing others say it helps to alleviate it.

Personally, I don't think the friendship doors are annoying or obtrusive in any way, but there are much better ways to fix rushing. Alongside that, there is also the possibility of mechanic expansions. Removing something destroys any potential mechanic expansions to create something fun. Unless of course you are not actually focused on creating fun missions, and have your mind set on removing as many obstacles between the loot and you starting a mission.

In terms of fixing rushing however, I think that whole idea should be abandoned in favor of making certain gamemodes around playstyles. The normal missions will encourage rushing with specific tilesets for parkour, defense and survival will encourage a more defensive playstyle, and any future assault variants can reward an offensive combat focused playstyle.

You clearly haven't read the original post at all then. 

He dislikes them, because they do nothing. 

The door will not significantly improve the odds of a rusher getting to a slow teammate because after 20 seconds of openning the door he is already out of rez range again. 

2 team mates rushing and 2 team mates playing slow will invalidate the whole point of the door. 3 Rushing, 1 slow, and then it is entirely the slow person's fault. He should be the one 'playing solo' in that perspective. 

People have already suggested systems to stop slow and rushers from being teamed up with each other. 

And if you're telling him to go play solo, do understand, that doesn't solve the problem with the doors in any ways. Rushers will continue to rush, they will continue to do so online. Directing your anger towards him will not make it stop being a thing. 

OPs point is that the friendship door will keep slow and fast players together only for a very inconsequential time, if a fast player(s) decide to move slow for the sake of the group the door is not needed and therefore worthless, if they don't care about the rest of the group, then door is worthless any ways.

I don't particularly care if the doors "work" or not for you or him. They are not an issue to "fix". It should be extremely obvious that if the OP wants to rush like he is the only player on the team, he can do so already solo, but since he is complaining, he obviously has an agenda that involves him and 3 others where he rushes some objective so the team does not have to.

And they obviously DO something. They lock players in with mobs that shoot at you, which is how bad guys would set up the system to stop single players having the run of the entire facility, in case you have not seen it before :

* "The two-man rule is a control mechanism designed to achieve a high level of security for especially critical material or operations. Under this rule all access and actions requires the presence of two authorized people at all times."

* "The places where each key is used are always placed too far apart for one person to activate both or all of them on his or her own. An implementation of the more general military concept of "Two Person Control" (TPC)."

The ONLY Reason they are not active in single player mode is because DE aren't total bastards, and had to make exemptions to allow solo play to actually work. You might as well ask what the hell the point is of having cypher locks when can make hundreds of auto-cypher solvers cheaply.

Edited by DSpite

Wow... rusher complaining about those doors.

I like those doors because it stop rushers, sometimes i even laugh when they just run and let other to kill but he face a door like that.

Lol, I might want to try it out sometime.

I like those doors because breaking the pace actually does give a bit of benefit, to me at least. If you're a rusher, i'm sure you're coptering all the tilesets, which required you to Shift+Slide+Melee and repeat. And then there's the friendship door, okay it's rest time for your hands. 

I'm a rusher sometimes too so I also ended up getting to the door first. I would press the panel repeatedly "for fun"; it would force the non-rushers a bit as well. It's better than extraction friendship because extraction feels like "i'm in a hurry here, get your &#! over here ASAP" rather than "HAHA I got here first losers"

But oh well, i'm still being indifferent because I don't care if it's removed or not.

So your opinion is that those doors doesn't bring any benefit at all, whether online or solo. But then again, if you're having a bad connection, chances are that you might have to wait at least one second on every door you encountered, which breaks the flow and "does not benefit everyone". Happened to me quite a number of times. Thoughts?

I don't particularly care if the doors "work" or not for you or him. They are not an issue to "fix". It should be extremely obvious that if the OP wants to rush like he is the only player on the team, he can do so already solo, but since he is complaining, he obviously has an agenda that involves him and 3 others where he rushes some objective so the team does not have to.

And they obviously DO something. They lock players in with mobs that shoot at you, which is how bad guys would set up the system to stop single players having the run of the entire facility, in case you have not seen it before :

* "The two-man rule is a control mechanism designed to achieve a high level of security for especially critical material or operations. Under this rule all access and actions requires the presence of two authorized people at all times."

He has already said rushers can work together if paired together, they only solo rush if given no other rushers. It is only solo play when the rusher is the only rusher. 2, 3, or 4 Rushers teams where the rushers cooperate to finish the mission as fast as possible is a thing. Just as much as slow/explorative teams exist to milk as much from a mission as possible. 

And again, since you do not understand this yet, but solo play does not solve the problem raised with friendship doors. They are meant to keep rushers from being separated from the other teammates, but they only do so for an incredibly limited time. 

This is a problem to fix, not for just rushers but for everyone because they are failing at what they intend to do. 

Real life example that has no bearing on randomly placed doors that is also not about their intention as a game element. 

If they are "high level security", then they should only be located outside of legitimate mission objective rooms.

[snip]

Your summary of the OP makes it clear that you didn't actually read the OP. I have addressed every point you have brought up. Go be angry somewhere else. 

Just as much as squirmy says that friendship doors don't stop rushing others say it helps to alleviate it.

Personally, I don't think the friendship doors are annoying or obtrusive in any way, but there are much better ways to fix rushing. Alongside that, there is also the possibility of mechanic expansions. Removing something destroys any potential mechanic expansions to create something fun. Unless of course you are not actually focused on creating fun missions, and have your mind set on removing as many obstacles between the loot and you starting a mission.

In terms of fixing rushing however, I think that whole idea should be abandoned in favor of making certain gamemodes around playstyles. The normal missions will encourage rushing with specific tilesets for parkour, defense and survival will encourage a more defensive playstyle, and any future assault variants can reward an offensive combat focused playstyle.

They do not stop rushing for more than an incredibly small amount of time. After that the Rusher goes back to rushing. Rushing isn't a problem in need of fixing. It is a perfectly valid style of play that this game seems to unintentionally encourage.

Wow... rusher complaining about those doors.

I like those doors because it stop rushers, sometimes i even laugh when they just run and let other to kill but he face a door like that.

Read the OP. You deriving pleasure from other players not being allowed to have fun or whatever is not a good reason to keep the doors in game. Just as trolls liking to suck up their teammates wasn't a good enough reason for DE to keep Vortex in its original state.

[snip]

Read the OP and stop making assumptions about what I want to do. The topic of this thread is on the Friendship doors and their failure to really do anything beyond halt one players gameplay for a short period of time. All the 'points' you bring up have been addressed or are just plain irrelevant.

Lol, I might want to try it out sometime.

I like those doors because breaking the pace actually does give a bit of benefit, to me at least. If you're a rusher, i'm sure you're coptering all the tilesets, which required you to Shift+Slide+Melee and repeat. And then there's the friendship door, okay it's rest time for your hands. 

I'm a rusher sometimes too so I also ended up getting to the door first. I would press the panel repeatedly "for fun"; it would force the non-rushers a bit as well. It's better than extraction friendship because extraction feels like "i'm in a hurry here, get your @$$ over here ASAP" rather than "HAHA I got here first losers"

But oh well, i'm still being indifferent because I don't care if it's removed or not.

So your opinion is that those doors doesn't bring any benefit at all, whether online or solo. But then again, if you're having a bad connection, chances are that you might have to wait at least one second on every door you encountered, which breaks the flow and "does not benefit everyone". Happened to me quite a number of times. Thoughts?

I would rather be stuck waiting at extraction where I can go take a leak or something if I needed to, rather than be stuck standing around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next player to come and alleviate me from my boredom just so I can run to extraction and still end up waiting for the players to get there. Their lack of a benefit isn't my opinion. If you can think of a benefit I will rectify my sentencing. But as of yet no one has actually put forth a benefit that wasn't based in troll logic. A bad connection messing up doors is a completely different issue. That is something that (if it bothers me enough) playing solo will fix. Playing solo doesn't remove the doors. I am still forced to stop and mash interact and wait for it to open. Yes, it may only be a second or two, but that is a second or two that was taken away from me for no reason. The mechanic isn't fun (this is an opinion), the mechanic didn't benefit me (this is a fact), and the mechanic wouldn't have benefited my team if I was playing with a full party as catching up with me for a sec doesn't guarantee they'll be able to stay caught up if I start rushing again (this is also fact).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

LukeAura, your patience is amazing.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Ok but you aren't explaining anything

He has already said rushers can work together if paired together, they only solo rush if given no other rushers. It is only solo play when the rusher is the only rusher. 2, 3, or 4 Rushers teams where the rushers cooperate to finish the mission as fast as possible is a thing. Just as much as slow/explorative teams exist to milk as much from a mission as possible.

First you're saying it solo play when the rusher is the only rusher, so as I said... solo option?

When there is 2 rushers the door are no problem?

It seems to me you imply a rusher will know beforehand that there will be others rushers so he choose multiplayer on purpose? while everybody know that not everyone rush?

And again, since you do not understand this yet, but solo play does not solve the problem raised with friendship doors. They are meant to keep rushers from being separated from the other teammates, but they only do so for an incredibly limited time. 
This is a problem to fix, not for just rushers but for everyone because they are failing at what they intend to do.

eeh in solo play you don't have to wait for others, isn't that what they are complaining about?

First you're saying it solo play when the rusher is the only rusher, so as I said... solo option?

It seems to me you imply a rusher will know beforehand that there will be others rushers so he choose multiplayer on purpose? while everybody know that not everyone rush?

eeh in solo play you don't have to wait for others, isn't that what they are complaining about?

All of this has already been explained.

As a rusher I don't queue for a match under the assumption that I'll be the only rusher. 9 times out of 10 there is at least one other rusher. This 'go play solo' argument can be reversed and applied to the slower players.

The doors still halt the first person's movement for at least a second or two. That is a break in the flow of gameplay and it is extremely annoying. Add to this the fact that a mission can spawn more than one of these things and it gets even more annoying. 

The doors are exactly the same in solo. I am forced to stand still and interact with the panel and wait a second for the door to open so I can continue. Playing solo does not remove the doors from existence. And even if that feature was implemented I would still advocate for their removal because they benefit no one, don't really achieve their goal for more than several seconds, and even with two rushers they still force those two to wait a few seconds before they can get back to having fun. The extraction timer benefits slower players as it gives them more time to collect loot before the game ends. These doors do not.

Rushing is the most efficient play style in most of the mission types. It is also extremely common. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I already know what you think

As a rusher I don't queue for a match under the assumption that I'll be the only rusher. 9 times out of 10 there is at least one other rusher.

No reason to complain about slow people then

This 'go play solo' argument can be reversed and applied to the slower players.

It can when they complain about rushers, so when rushers complain about slow people we say go solo and when slowers complain about rushers we also say go solo. It's based on how you play with your team if you see them slow you may want to slow but the reverse also exist if people are rushing you have the choice to also rush, that's team etiquette in theory.

The doors still halt the first person's movement for at least a second or two. That is a break in the flow of gameplay and it is extremely annoying. Add to this the fact that a mission can spawn more than one of these things and it gets even more annoying. 

I am forced to stand still and interact with the panel and wait a second for the door to open so I can continue. Playing solo does not remove the doors from existence. And even if that feature was implemented I would still advocate for their removal because they benefit no one,

This is the most of the point of your complaint, nothing much to say

Rushing is the most efficient play style in most of the mission types. It is also extremely common. 

No reason to complain about slow people then, since there is always another rusher

I suppose I should say now I try to always stick with the group when online. And I mostly play solo because I like to go at my own pace which is about an average one but I prefer to stick with it, and not have to go faster to keep up with a rusher, or slower to stick with an explorer, than I want to. 

When there are two rushers, the door is a minor inconvenience that adds nothing to the experience. As such, it fails to keep the two rushers with the two slow players. Door fails.
With one rusher, the door is a large inconvenience, but the rusher will not stay with the group either way as soon as the door is opened, it adds a negative experience to the rusher but no positive experience to the slow players. Door fails, only garners negativity. 
With no rushers, the door is a minor inconvenience that adds nothing to their experience, its purpose is unneeded. Intention succeeds, but not because of the door which was pointless in this scenario, thus still 'failing'.  
The rushers should play solo is largely irrelevant to the debate, the doors always fail at doing what it's intended to do, regardless of any number of rushers. The only time you need a friendship door is in front of a boss tile. I would say other mission objective tiles as well but nothing is really that significant except for maybe Capture targets. The door does nothing but add a minor inconvenience to the game, at least lockdowns create a unique experience and provide a full breathing room if needed as well as a puzzle to solve-simple though it may be.
This is not about playstyle but the doors purpose. In the majority of cases, the door fails or is not needed. The last case, one rusher in a group of four, is highly subjective to each case but most likely it still fails at that purpose because it's randomly placed. 

I am not implying they will know beforehand. But online is the easiest way to jump in to a match. most players probably play online, therefore most rushers play online. (And people as a whole tend to be stubborn, they won't listen to you telling them to play offline. So if you want to address the 'problem' you have to find an actual solution instead of telling people to get out. Besides the point though.) How will one rusher player find others, by pugging online. How will players meet up with others, online.
Randomly joining in to cooperation is part of the experience. Rushing is cooperative, so long as there are at least two rushers in a match. Therefore rushing is a valid online playstyle.

It would be better if everyone conformed to a specific playstyle depending on the group they wind up in, but again, people are stubborn. You can't expect people to play the way you tell them to. That is not an answer to the situation. And if they did that, the doors would still be unnecessary. 

I already know what you think

No reason to complain about slow people then

It can when they complain about rushers, so when rushers complain about slow people we say go solo and when slowers complain about rushers we also say go solo. It's based on how you play with your team if you see them slow you may want to slow but the reverse also exist if people are rushing you have the choice to also rush, that's team etiquette in theory.

This is the most of the point of your complaint, nothing much to say

No reason to complain about slow people then, since there is always another rusher

1. I don't remember complaining about slow players. I complained about the Friendship doors. Re-read the OP.

2. Read #1.

3. okay...

4. Read #1.

When there are two rushers, the door is a minor inconvenience that adds nothing to the experience. As such, it fails to keep the two rushers with the two slow players. Door fails.

With one rusher, the door is a large inconvenience, but the rusher will not stay with the group either way as soon as the door is opened, it adds a negative experience to the rusher but no positive experience to the slow players. Door fails, only garners negativity. 

With no rushers, the door is a minor inconvenience that adds nothing to their experience, its purpose is unneeded. Intention succeeds, but not because of the door which was pointless in this scenario, thus still 'failing'.

Too dependant of personal interpretations, I already said why, depend of what is supposed to be the results from them and what people expects.

The rushers should play solo is largely irrelevant to the debate, the doors always fail at doing what it's intended to do, regardless of any number of rushers.

Because I am not talking about the doors but about rushing mentality, said in a previous post.

1. I don't remember complaining about slow players. I complained about the Friendship doors. Re-read the OP.

2. Read #1.

3. okay...

4. Read #1.

Talking about rushing mentality.

I'm seriously getting tired of repeating myself.

then stop repeating yourself? you aren't countering any ones opinions on the matter with any valid points, your just saying the same answer (if you can call "i don't wanna play solo" an answer) over and over.  it's a very valid point that you could play solo since your just leaving the rest of your squad behind the whole time anyways. think for a second before disagreeing with someone because they don't share your ridiculous views.

Edit: i just read one of your other posts explaining that the one second interval between rushing caused by these doors is what aggravates you and i only have one answer to that problem and that is to learn a seconds worth of patience....jeesh

Edited by AveryJ

Seriously, I think these doors add a layer of depth, a bit of difficulty, even beyond any function of their intended or not effect on player speed. You're invading a ship/base where every occupant wants to kill you, of course there's going to be locked doors. Just because something is hard, for you, doesn't mean it needs to be removed.

Edited by Retrospecter