Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Remove The Friendship Doors.

SquirmyBurrito

Well too bad, sometimes everything don't revolve around you. Aggh actually made a nice suggestion that didn't necessarily have to do with removing "Frendship Doors" but to add a matchmaking filter to segregate rushers from non-rushers.

The doors add a layer of challenge, surely because 1 or 2 people crying about wanting them removed don't necessarily mean they'll be removed and turn missions into super ez-mode green-means-go type missions.

Edited by Trowicia

Well too bad, sometimes everything don't revolve around you. Aggh actually made a nice suggestion that didn't necessarily have to do with removing "Frendship Doors" but to add a matchmaking filter to segregate rushers from non-rushers.

The doors add a layer of challenge, surely because 1 or 2 people crying about wanting them removed don't necessarily mean they'll be removed and turn missions into super ez-mode green-means-go type missions.

Can't say I agree that they add any kind of challenge.  They're one of many attempts on DE's part to add obstacles (broken lights, timed door in the supsicious shipment event, elevators, arc traps, door keys in cbt, cameras+ laser doors/turrets) to slow down players.  They're more a nuisance than anything. 

I can understand the thinking behind them, but that doesn't change that they're an attempt to address a problem that can't be fixed by a gameplay mechanic.  Any attempts to do so will just cause conflict between players.

Edited by Aggh

Can't say I agree that they add any kind of challenge.  They're one of many attempts on DE's part to add obstacles (broken lights, timed door in the supsicious shipment event, elevators, arc traps, door keys in cbt, cameras+ laser doors/turrets) to slow down players.  They're more a nuisance than anything. 

For starters to provide a small challenge with blast doors, we can have lots of enemies spawning (say around 30-40?) behind the closed blast door and taking up various strategic locations, then once the blast door is opened, every enemy unloads its arsenal on the players (with a few Eximus units thrown in for good measure). 

I never said anything revolves around me. Aggh made a suggestion that has nothing to do with the OP. It was nice, but technically off topic. This thread is not 'Rushers vs. Non-Rushers' it is 'Friendship Doors are useless, remove them'.

The doors add no challenge. Unless you think having to press the interact key within a few seconds of another person doing the same is a challenge. Removing them wont affect the mission's difficulty. All it will do is improve gameplay pacing, curb some trolling, and (this being the obvious one) remove a feature that currently benefits no one.

It isn't just 1 or 2 people crying (no one is cry) and in reality, the amount of people who are siding with me does not matter. What matters is that my position is logical and backed with solid arguments. If/When a DE staff member acknowledges this thread I'm requesting that this thread gets cleaned then locked so that you guys can stop derailing it.

If you guys want to make suggestions for how the doors can be turned into a worthwhile addition to the game, cool. But do so in your own thread.

If you guys want to have a Rusher vs. Non-Rusher argument, whatever just do it in your own thread. This section of the forums is not where those kinds of arguments are supposed to go.

For starters to provide a small challenge with blast doors, we can have lots of enemies spawning (say around 30-40?) behind the closed blast door and taking up various strategic locations, then once the blast door is opened, every enemy unloads its arsenal on the players (with a few Eximus units thrown in for good measure). 

Challenge?  Kill them with an AOE attack through the door.  Oops, challenge complete.

I never said anything revolves around me. Aggh made a suggestion that has nothing to do with the OP. It was nice, but technically off topic. This thread is not 'Rushers vs. Non-Rushers' it is 'Friendship Doors are useless, remove them'.

The doors add no challenge. Unless you think having to press the interact key within a few seconds of another person doing the same is a challenge. Removing them wont affect the mission's difficulty. All it will do is improve gameplay pacing, curb some trolling, and (this being the obvious one) remove a feature that currently benefits no one.

It isn't just 1 or 2 people crying (no one is cry) and in reality, the amount of people who are siding with me does not matter. What matters is that my position is logical and backed with solid arguments. If/When a DE staff member acknowledges this thread I'm requesting that this thread gets cleaned then locked so that you guys can stop derailing it.

If you guys want to make suggestions for how the doors can be turned into a worthwhile addition to the game, cool. But do so in your own thread.

If you guys want to have a Rusher vs. Non-Rusher argument, whatever just do it in your own thread. This section of the forums is not where those kinds of arguments are supposed to go.

Please.  Rushers vs non rushers is irrevocably attached to the problem of friendship doors and is decidedly not off topic.  Put on your critical thinking cap for a couple seconds at least before you try and pull out the off topic card.

Edited by Aggh

Challenge?  Kill them with an AOE attack through the door.  Oops, challenge complete.

They spawn as soon as the players unlock the blast door, or the blast door can be (hopefully) coded to prevent any AoE attacks from passing through (in fact, this could be extended to all other solid objects). 

Edited by Renegade343

Please.  Rushers vs non rushers is irrevocably attached to the problem of friendship doors and is decidedly not off topic.  Put on your critical thinking cap for a couple seconds at least before you try and pull out the off topic card.

No it isn't. If you want to discuss that topic take it to another thread in the proper section. As I already explained and numerous people reiterated, the doors benefit no one. It doesn't matter what your playstyle is. 

They spawn as soon as the players unlocks the blast door, or the blast door can be (hopefully) coded to prevent any AoE attacks from passing through (in fact, this could be extended to all other solid objects). 

Spawning 30 enemies in one second is bound to kill some low-end computers. Just sayin'

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

No it isn't. If you want to discuss that topic take it to another thread in the proper section. As I already explained and numerous people reiterated, the doors benefit no one. It doesn't matter what your playstyle is. 

Tell me how the entire reason for friendship doors is not related to friendship doors.  Please take a couple seconds to actually think before you respond.

They spawn as soon as the players unlock the blast door, or the blast door can be (hopefully) coded to prevent any AoE attacks from passing through (in fact, this could be extended to all other solid objects). 

They're still grouped up in a small area so they'd still be killed pretty quickly.

Spawning 30 enemies in one second is bound to kill some low-end computers. Just sayin'

The majority of that burden would be on the host (the least likely one to be a low end computer) and wouldn't really mean much for clients.  The host already handles a similar burden in mobile defense/survival/defense missions once the spawns ramp up too.

Edited by Aggh

Tell me how the entire reason for friendship doors is not related to friendship doors.  Please take a couple seconds to actually think before you respond.

The issue with the doors is that they needlessly force players to stop what they're doing for a several+ seconds. This issue persists regardless of playstyle. This issue even exists in solo. Playstyle has nothing to with these doors. And then there is the fact that this is the Maps & Levels feedback section, not the general discussion section. Please think before telling others to do so.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

The issue with the doors is that they needlessly force players to stop what they're doing for a several+ seconds. This issue persists regardless of playstyle. This issue even exists in solo. Playstyle has nothing to with these doors. And then there is the fact that this is the Maps & Levels feedback section, not the general discussion section.

Ie it keeps players from rushing.  Calling it by another name doesn't change that.  I asked you to take some time and think before responding, stop disappointing me. 

In solo you're held up for a second or two.  OH NOES.

I'd also point out that DE does have an interest in adding a bit of extra time to mission times.  If missions are finished too quickly you earn content faster which can effect players' incentive to buy plat.

Also, why aren't you complaining about elevators as well?  If anything they're worse than friendship doors.

Edited by Aggh

The issue with the doors is that they needlessly force players to stop what they're doing for a several+ seconds. This issue persists regardless of playstyle. This issue even exists in solo. Playstyle has nothing to with these doors. And then there is the fact that this is the Maps & Levels feedback section, not the general discussion section.

You just go and press one button in Solo for those doors to open it. I do not see your issue with those doors in Solo, if there is one at all. 

Ie it keeps players from rushing.  Calling it by another name doesn't change that.  I asked you to take some time and think before responding, stop disappointing me.  In solo you're held up for a second or two.  OH NOES.

You just go and press one button in Solo for those doors to open it. I do not see your issue with those doors in Solo, if there is one at all. 

It halts advances of any speed. Two seconds that I'm forced to stop and participate in a useless mechanic that benefits no one.

Read it:

When there are two rushers, the door is a minor inconvenience that adds nothing to the experience. As such, it fails to keep the two rushers with the two slow players. Door fails.

With one rusher, the door is a large inconvenience, but the rusher will not stay with the group either way as soon as the door is opened, it adds a negative experience to the rusher but no positive experience to the slow players. Door fails, only garners negativity. 

With no rushers, the door is a minor inconvenience that adds nothing to their experience, its purpose is unneeded. Intention succeeds, but not because of the door which was pointless in this scenario, thus still 'failing'.  

The rushers should play solo is largely irrelevant to the debate, the doors always fail at doing what it's intended to do, regardless of any number of rushers. The only time you need a friendship door is in front of a boss tile. I would say other mission objective tiles as well but nothing is really that significant except for maybe Capture targets. The door does nothing but add a minor inconvenience to the game, at least lockdowns create a unique experience and provide a full breathing room if needed as well as a puzzle to solve-simple though it may be.

This is not about playstyle but the doors purpose. In the majority of cases, the door fails or is not needed. The last case, one rusher in a group of four, is highly subjective to each case but most likely it still fails at that purpose because it's randomly placed. 

It halts advances of any speed. Two seconds that I'm forced to stop and participate in a useless mechanic that benefits no one.

Read it:

It benefits DE.  Longer mission times add up and make earning content in the f2p model take longer which in turn adds to encouraging plat purchases.  If you earn stuff too easily they lose out.

And again, you're still talking about rushing.  It's hilarious how you're so focused on calling it anything but what everyone else calls it.

I also find it equally hilarious that you expect DE to spend time removing them so that you can save 1-2 seconds in a solo mission.

Again, why not complain about elevators too?

Edited by Aggh

One or two second(s) in Solo. That is about it. Relative to the time taken for a rushing mission (say around 2-3 minutes, to be really fast), that small stop is very, very insignificant. And the blast doors does help with getting the team together for a small bit, but it could be improved. 

If you really cannot cope with that, then I think you might need a small break from Warframe. 

It benefits DE.  Longer mission times add up and make earning content in the f2p model take longer which in turn adds to encouraging plat purchases.

And again, you're still talking about rushing.  It's hilarious how you're so focused on calling it anything but what everyone else calls it.

Again, why not complain about elevators too?

Hmmm

No, I'm not. I'm talking about a useless mechanic. It is useless with or without rushers. I don't care what others are trying to call it. The issue with the doors is not inherently tied to Rushing vs. Non-Rushing player interactions, I can use their interactions to further my argument but they are not required for my argument. So I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop attempting to derail this thread by turning it into a Rusher vs. Non-Rusher thread. As I already pointed out, this is not the section for those discussions. I put this thread here for a reason.

I'm not complaining about elevators because that isn't my focus. If you want to discuss elevators go make your own thread. Stop attempting to derail this one.

"The topic is the removal of the doors due to them benefiting no one and only serve to prevent players from progressing for however long it takes for the second person to get there and open the door. They do not guarantee that slower players will be able to keep pace with the rusher for the rest of the mission. They don't benefit anyone. I'm seriously getting tired of repeating myself."

All I read is: F*** the team if I don't get it my way.

Beeing part of a team means adapting to the weaknesses and strenghts to achieve a goal together.

This doors are a mild reminder for that, and to annoy those people who don't understand it.

If you don't get it, then you are not qualified to play with more people than just yourself.

One or two second(s) in Solo. That is about it. Relative to the time taken for a rushing mission (say around 2-3 minutes, to be really fast), that small stop is very, very insignificant. And the blast doors does help with getting the team together for a small bit, but it could be improved. 

If you really cannot cope with that, then I think you might need a small break from Warframe. 

It really does not matter how large or small the wait time is. The fact is that the doors do not benefit me as a player, they do not positively contribute to my experience. Regardless of whether or not I choose to rush or explore. I do not exclusively play solo, in PUGs the wait time can become excessive via abuse by trolls. Why should I cope with something that always negatively affects my gameplay experience (regardless of my chosen playstyle for that mission)? It ranges from a minor inconvenience to a major inconvenience. 

"The topic is the removal of the doors due to them benefiting no one and only serve to prevent players from progressing for however long it takes for the second person to get there and open the door. They do not guarantee that slower players will be able to keep pace with the rusher for the rest of the mission. They don't benefit anyone. I'm seriously getting tired of repeating myself."

All I read is: F*** the team if I don't get it my way.

Beeing part of a team means adapting to the weaknesses and strenghts to achieve a goal together.

This doors are a mild reminder for that, and to annoy those people who don't understand it.

If you don't get it, then you are not qualified to play with more people than just yourself.

Get out. No seriously, if you aren't going to read the entire OP and comprehend what it says don't bother attempting to contribute to this topic.

Hmmm

No, I'm not. I'm talking about a useless mechanic. It is useless with or without rushers. I don't care what others are trying to call it. The issue with the doors is not inherently tied to Rushing vs. Non-Rushing player interactions, I can use their interactions to further my argument but they are not required for my argument. So I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop attempting to derail this thread by turning it into a Rusher vs. Non-Rusher thread. As I already pointed out, this is not the section for those discussions. I put this thread here for a reason.

I'm not complaining about elevators because that isn't my focus. If you want to discuss elevators go make your own thread. Stop attempting to derail this one.

Getting bored of your stupendously narrow minded literal thinking.  There are entries in the DSM-V for the way you're approaching the discussion of a topic.  If you can't handle people talking about things that are core issues directly related to the problem being discussed, don't bother posting a thread to discuss a problem.

Edited by Aggh

It really does not matter how large or small the wait time is. The fact is that the doors do not benefit me as a player, they do not positively contribute to my experience. Regardless of whether or not I choose to rush or explore. I do not exclusively play solo, in PUGs the wait time can become excessive via abuse by trolls. Why should I cope with something that always negatively affects my gameplay experience (regardless of my chosen playstyle for that mission)? It ranges from a minor inconvenience to a major inconvenience. 

There is the problem. The door is affecting your play-style. Is it affecting others? Do you have the proof that it is also affecting others?

Get out. No seriously, if you aren't going to read the entire OP and comprehend what it says don't bother attempting to contribute to this topic.

Sadly I read it all and that is the essence. I you don't like my opinion, that's ok, but all you do is avoiding people who aren't on your side.

The doors don't really do much, that is true. But if you were a real teamplayer you would not notice them.

Getting bored of your stupendously narrow minded literal thinking.  There are entries in the DSM-V for the way you're approaching the discussion of a topic.  If you can't handle people talking about things that are at the core of the topic of discussion, don't bother posting a thread to discuss an issue.

I have no problem with people discussing things that are the core of the issue. The problem is that a rusher vs. non-rusher discussion is not relevant to this topic. It serves only to cause a never ending potential flamewar that does not fit in this section of the forums. Look at the first few responses to this thread. Look at the numerous responses that followed. Most of the time when someone brought up a specific style of play it was hostile or aggressive. It did nothing but invite more hostility. Take that stuff to a different thread and keep this a mostly neutral discussion about these doors. I'd rather people take their suggested changes for the doors to a separate thread, but that desire stems from the fact that I am not likely to add their suggestions to my OP.

There is the problem. The door is affecting your play-style. Is it affecting others? Do you have the proof that it is also affecting others?

Actually I do. Unless you're magically getting them to cease to exist in your game you are being affected the same way I am (even in solo) with the potential exception of the specific feelings that I experience when subjected to the effect. Some people are indifferent, some people are trolls, some are like me. But regardless of their feelings towards the doors, the main issue with them persists. 

Sadly I read it all and that is the essence. I you don't like my opinion, that's ok, but all you do is avoiding people who aren't on your side.

The doors don't really do much, that is true. But if you were a real teamplayer you would not notice them.

If you did read it, you clearly didn't comprehend it. Your summary was way off base. Who did I avoid? I have even directly addressed DSpite despite his/her hostility.

How does me being a teamplayer (which I am when paired with like-minded players) cause me to not notice the unnecessary pause in gameplay?

Edit: I'm heading to sleep.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I have no problem with people discussing things that are the core of the issue. The problem is that a rusher vs. non-rusher discussion is not relevant to this topic. It serves only to cause a never ending potential flamewar that does not fit in this section of the forums. Look at the first few responses to this thread. Look at the numerous responses that followed. Most of the time when someone brought up a specific style of play it was hostile or aggressive. It did nothing but invite more hostility. Take that stuff to a different thread and keep this a mostly neutral discussion about these doors. I'd rather people take their suggested changes for the doors to a separate thread, but that desire stems from the fact that I am not likely to add their suggestions to my OP.

Actually I do. Unless you're magically getting them to cease to exist in your game you are being affected the same way I am (even in solo) with the potential exception of the specific feelings that I experience when subjected to the effect. Some people are indifferent, some people are trolls, some are like me. But regardless of their feelings towards the doors, the main issue with them persists. 

Please for the love of god prove how the reason why friendship doors were created in the first place is not relevant to their removal.  If you can't do that (and you can't) stop trying to say that it's off topic.  Blindly saying that it's off topic will not make it so.  Only rushers have a problem with the extra seconds wasted so it's incredibly facetious to try and say that it's not related. 

Edited by Aggh