Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Remove The Friendship Doors.

SquirmyBurrito

I see no problem. If you are playing with at least one another rusher then there will always be someone to press another button. If you are rushing alone then what is the difference with a solo for you? Play solo then!

Actually, I wish there were frienship doors that require all the squad to make AFKing invasion and alerts impossible.

Being forced to wait for other players to catch up just so I can leave them in the dust again benefits no one. This is only a problem when I get matched up with non-rushers.

Rusher sooner or later will get bored of waiting and understand that coop play is not an option for him. (or go on forums to complain about friendship doors)

Edited by Repligon

Being forced to wait for other players to catch up just so I can leave them in the dust again benefits no one. This is only a problem when I get matched up with non-rushers.

Because that's how I like to play. Why aren't you?

A lot of people DO like to rush, and all these doors are doing is making it annoying for those of us who get there and are forced to wait around staring at a yellow-orange screen spamming our interaction key.

>Implying I'm not enjoying the mission when I'm rushing.

I already addressed this whole 'play solo' reply, read through the thread. 

>Assuming everyone thinks like you.

>Implying rushers are few enough in numbers that they need to put their enjoyment aside and conform to the slower crowd's style of play.

>Also implying that rushers should play solo.

If you like rushing, then why not just create rooms with other rushers? 

If you're doing pubs, then you'll have to bear with it.

I get that you like rushing but as I said before :

Not everyone does.

Some like to enjoy the view, some want to enjoy killing more enemies, some like to mess around a bit, others like to explore.

You're not playing alone & as such, you need to be mindful of how other players enjoy the game as well.

As you said, since this won't be a problem if you play with other rushers then feel free to play with other rushers,

but don't ruin the experience for other players who don't like to rush just because you like to rush..

i just want them to be hackable/breakable

make the hack super hard without two ppl, almost requiring the use of ciphers

make them reinforced barricade doors with tons of hp/armor to be destroyable, but not quickly/easily

viola, one door, multiple viable options to get thru it

make them reinforced barricade doors with tons of hp/armor to be destroyable, but not quickly/easily

Great idea~

Or different, longer route with a lot of parkour would also be great..

I see no problem. If you are playing with at least one another rusher then there will always be someone to press another button. If you are rushing alone then what is the difference with a solo for you? Play solo then!

Actually, I wish there were frienship doors that require all the squad to make AFKing invasion and alerts impossible.

This has already been addressed.

If there was a friendship door that required the entire squad AFKers would just make it impossible for everyone to progress. You'd end up with people trolling the rest of the squad. I've had times when I thought I was solo'ing an alert only to find out I was wrong when a person joined RIGHT before I got to press e on the friendship door. I ended up having to abort the mission because they sat there teabagging at the panel.

Rusher sooner or later will get bored of waiting and understand that coop play is not an option for him. (or go on forums to complain about friendship doors)

This is completely irrelevant.

alright lets look at it from another perspective, lets say they do get rid of the coop doors, speed runners defeat the mission and get to extraction leaving people scattered all over the map that really didn't get to participate is that fair to them?

Please explain how the doors currently existing is preventing speedrunners from doing this already? Catching up with a rusher for one second does not guarantee that you'll be able to keep up with him/her for the rest of the mission. The doors currently benefit no one.

If you like rushing, then why not just create rooms with other rushers? 

If you're doing pubs, then you'll have to bear with it.

I get that you like rushing but as I said before :

Not everyone does.

Some like to enjoy the view, some want to enjoy killing more enemies, some like to mess around a bit, others like to explore.

You're not playing alone & as such, you need to be mindful of how other players enjoy the game as well.

As you said, since this won't be a problem if you play with other rushers then feel free to play with other rushers,

but don't ruin the experience for other players who don't like to rush just because you like to rush..

Why do I have to go and create special rooms? Why can't slow players create special rooms?

I don't have to bear with it if they get removed which is the purpose of this thread.

What's your point? I never said everyone likes rushing. Please stay on topic.

The topic is the removal of the doors due to them benefiting no one and only serve to prevent players from progressing for however long it takes for the second person to get there and open the door. They do not guarantee that slower players will be able to keep pace with the rusher for the rest of the mission. They don't benefit anyone. I'm seriously getting tired of repeating myself.

While this is nice... it would still be a door that benefits no one.

Why do I have to go and create special rooms? Why can't slow players create special rooms?

I don't have to bear with it if they get removed which is the purpose of this thread.

What's your point? I never said everyone likes rushing. Please stay on topic.

The topic is the removal of the doors due to them benefiting no one and only serve to prevent players from progressing for however long it takes for the second person to get there and open the door. They do not guarantee that slower players will be able to keep pace with the rusher for the rest of the mission. They don't benefit anyone. I'm seriously getting tired of repeating myself.

Because there are more "slow players" than rushers. Just look at this thread alone & look how much are opposed to your idea for the single reason of "not rushing". The removal of the door will only benefit the speedrunners like you & no one else.

Now I agree, that they're practically pointless for reasons that you stated but instead of removing them then maybe the issue is how to get them to actually stop speedrunners or how they(DE) can give different solutions for speedrunners.

Friendship doors should stay as they benefit the non-rushers by stopping the rushers in their tracks. Frankly i think its clear the doors where put there to discourage players from running through a mission as quickly as possible because to DE its not how the game is meant to be played.

How about instead of removing the friendship door, we add playstyle options to online mode?

Online: Speed

Online: Exploration

Online: Extermination Genocide

Speed would be for rushers.

Exploration would be for those who want to explore the whole map.

Extermination Genocide would be for those who want to kill every single enemy they find.

This way, the friendship door still provides its intended purpose (a regroup), and doesn't aggravate rushers' playstyle.

Edit: Disambiguation of play mode and mission type

Edited by AureusVulpes

While people would suggest soloing or co-op with a selected few, some seems to forget that this does nothing but hinder people trying to help their friends grab a quick boss loot or open nodes as well.

We all know how repetitive this game is. Sure my friends and I might enjoy clearing everything slowly at first but after repeating that stage for the 100th time, we're both going to try and rush instead and this kind of door only makes me want to ditch the friends and just go solo.

Friendship doors are like Arc traps. They failed to do what they were really designed to do and instead, had more of a negative impact on the game (especially arc traps).

Because there are more "slow players" than rushers. Just look at this thread alone & look how much are opposed to your idea for the single reason of "not rushing". The removal of the door will only benefit the speedrunners like you & no one else.

Now I agree, that they're practically pointless for reasons that you stated but instead of removing them then maybe the issue is how to get them to actually stop speedrunners or how they(DE) can give different solutions for speedrunners.

Prove that claim. This one thread does not provide any sort of credible information regarding the player demographics. The removal of the door will benefit both rushers and non-rushers in that they will no longer have to deal with this unnecessary door. If your only reason for wanting the door to stay is so that it can annoy rushers, you have no valid argument and they should be removed. Irritating players is no reason for a door that benefits no one to remain in this game.

Why should they be changed so that they stop rushers? I find it funny and disgusting that non-rushers seem so determined to stomp out rushers simply because they don't want to play that way. Take your own advice, if you don't want to rush go play solo or build a group of non-rushers. Most pugs will feature at least one rusher. Rushing is the most effective way to play most gamemodes in this game.

Friendship doors should stay as they benefit the non-rushers by stopping the rushers in their tracks. Frankly i think its clear the doors where put there to discourage players from running through a mission as quickly as possible because to DE its not how the game is meant to be played.

How do they benefit non-rushers? Forcing a rusher to stand around for a bit while someone catches up isn't benefitting the non-rushers as the second that door is open that rusher is going back to rushing. Meaning you stopped that players gameplay for no reason other than to momentarily cause at least two players to re-group.

DE hasn't (IIRC) said anything recently about being for or against rushers. The fact that coptering still exists (and that DE seems to be avoiding the removal of it) hints that they may not be against rushers. The game (in its current state) encourages rushing.

coop doors, they are good to regroup, and it benefit slower players, or newer since if you tend to rush they will have no ppl to kill etc

You don't know how much is much when theire is hight rank who is killing 15x faster than you...

take that rush mod off then, let the group get the exp they are missing cause your dogging them and legging it off on your own out of the exp share range

I don't see your point , i can be rushing and screw the XP of whole team with the Xp range , I don't feel like waiting team is neccesary thing , if i can rush , I'll do it , you really think it's fun for news players to not be able to hit anything when i'm here? atleast when I rush they still have some target to kill

Well, the friendship doors are sure as hell annoying. 

However, they're pretty much one of the only things keeping teams together, especially in pubs. If they go (which I hope they do) there needs to be another way to slow down teams. 

While this is nice... it would still be a door that benefits no one.

ITS A FREAKING BLAST DOOR, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO "BENEFIT" ANYONE, except for maybe the corpus/grineer hiding on the other side

i get why the doors were originally put in, and i argued back then that they were not thought out well (ala broken lights/arc traps)

but notice how DE has this habit of putting stuff in, then basically just leaving it un-polished for months on end? ya... =[

Well, the friendship doors are sure as hell annoying. 

However, they're pretty much one of the only things keeping teams together, especially in pubs. If they go (which I hope they do) there needs to be another way to slow down teams. 

They don't keep teams together. They force the rusher to wait for however long is required, and as soon as the door is open the rusher goes back to rushing.

ITS A FREAKING BLAST DOOR, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO "BENEFIT" ANYONE, except for maybe the corpus/grineer hiding on the other side

i get why the doors were originally put in, and i argued back then that they were not thought out well (ala broken lights/arc traps)

but notice how DE has this habit of putting stuff in, then basically just leaving it un-polished for months on end? ya... =[

That's why I'm asking for their removal. Also, please avoid going all caps on me. I don't like feeling like I'm being yelled at.

They don't keep teams together. They force the rusher to wait for however long is required, and as soon as the door is open the rusher goes back to rushing.

That's why I'm asking for their removal. Also, please avoid going all caps on me. I don't like feeling like I'm being yelled at.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The doors keep rushers with the rest of the cell. Other than elevators they're pretty much the only thing that does this. 

The problem is they're really blatantly there. We need more subtle ways of keeping slow players moving fast and fast players slow.

I guess it all depends on your play style as to whether or not these doors are annoying. But as a personal preference I don't mind them.

When im in a group, either public or with friends, I tend to stay with the group. Most of the time i'll almost never be opening containers cause I LOVE SHINIES, or reviving people, or just mucking around while other people do the heavy lifting. So the doors aren't annoying for me and therefore I see no reasons to remove them.

When I solo I rush, almost always ignoring the enemies and just completing the objective. In which case yes the doors are annoying, they break the flow.

DE could implement a Rushers checkbox, tick this you wont get the doors but you'll only be paired with other rushers, but that has its own problems.

I guess for a majority of the community these doors are not an issue and therefore DE probably wont do anything.

Friendship doors and the three situations:

Two rushers: They rush the the game, when they see a friendship door they stop and press the panels, as soon as the door opens they continue. 

Pro(s): None.

Con(s): Gameplay momentarily halted.

Two non-rushers: Stroll through the game doing non-rusher stuff, see friendship door, stop and press panels and wait for it to open, as soon as the doors open they continue.
Pro(s): None.
Con(s): Gameplay momentarily halted.

One Rusher and One Non-rusher: Rusher rushes through the mission while the non-rusher does non-rushing stuff, Rusher gets to and sees the friendship door first, rusher stops and spams interact on the panel while waiting for the non-rusher to catch up, non-rusher eventually catches up and activates the panel, rusher goes back to rushing. 

Non-rusher Pro(s): None.

Non-rusher Con(s): Gameplay momentarily halted when he/she eventually catches up, may feel rushed by the 'player needs help opening a door' message.

Rusher Pro(s): None.

Rusher Con(s): Gameplay momentarily halted, enjoyment of the mission mostly likely also momentarily halted, at other player's mercy, potentially put into a dangerous situation due to having to wait for the other player while enemies that you may have skipped are allowed to catch up and swarm you.

No one benefits from the friendship door's continued existence. Don't say it helps you re-group, if you're staying together like you claim there should be no need. If you're referring to re-grouping with the rusher, the meeting is short as the rusher will go back to rushing as soon as he/she is allowed to. Don't say it helps slow player catch up, because if the group consists of more than two players it is unlikely that the entire group will wait to open the door. Don't say it helps with boss loot as friendship doors are not guaranteed to be set up right before a boss fight. If you want to stop rushers from killing the boss before everyone catches up, go make your own thread asking for Jackal's mechanic to be added to all the other bosses.

I guess it all depends on your play style as to whether or not these doors are annoying. But as a personal preference I don't mind them.

When im in a group, either public or with friends, I tend to stay with the group. Most of the time i'll almost never be opening containers cause I LOVE SHINIES, or reviving people, or just mucking around while other people do the heavy lifting. So the doors aren't annoying for me and therefore I see no reasons to remove them.

When I solo I rush, almost always ignoring the enemies and just completing the objective. In which case yes the doors are annoying, they break the flow.

DE could implement a Rushers checkbox, tick this you wont get the doors but you'll only be paired with other rushers, but that has its own problems.

I guess for a majority of the community these doors are not an issue and therefore DE probably wont do anything.

If the doors aren't an issue for some players (meaning they're indifferent) and the doors are annoying for others, why even bother keeping them in the game? Who do they benefit? Who likes them when they're in a complete party of like-minded players and they run into one?

If the doors aren't an issue for some players (meaning they're indifferent) and the doors are annoying for others, why even bother keeping them in the game? Who do they benefit? Who likes them when they're in a complete party of like-minded players and they run into one?

- Because they're already in the game and it would be too much of a hassle to remove them. (speculation)

- No one I guess, my understanding is that the doors were implemented because alot of the community complained about being paired with rushers and losing out on XP. 

- I guess its not a matter of who likes them. Object X and Y are added to the game, Too many people dislike object x because reasons therefore object X is removed. No one really cares about Object Y so it stays in the game. 

Hypothetically, DE remove the doors, what would the results be? be they positive or negative.

Temporarily halting rushers is like treating the symptom instead of the disease. 
No amount of slowing them down or stopping is going to actually keep them with the group. As soon as they're back at full speed they're gone again. 
Most missions encourage getting them done faster instead of slower as well which adds to the 'problem'. Capture has targets run away from you, Sabotage occasionally puts a timer on your escape, holding a datamass limits off your primary until you spend it.  Run through the same maps 1-insert many 0s here- times and you'll want to get through the next one faster. Nothing except that experience boost actually encourages teamwork in most cases, very little of anything actually feels like teamwork in this game. 

At least they should be removed from hive/spy game modes where divide and conquer is a legitimate strategy. 

Since this thread doesn't seem to really be going anywhere, here is a quick summary:

Why people think co-op doors should be removed

1. They are not effective at stoping rushers because (1) after opening them, the rusher just speeds off again, (2) only two people are needed to open them (they don't help person 3 & 4 catch up)
2. They are neither fun nor beneficial to anyone.
3. They are annoying even in single player games.
4. So they can be replaced with something else.

Why people think co-op doors should stay

1. They are effective at stoping rushers because ???
2. Just play solo instead. (sorry guys, but this isn't an actual reason for them to stay)
3. I personally do not think that it is a problem.
4. OP is trying to ruin the game for non-rushers.
5. They are a fun mechanic. (wait, no one actually said this)