Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary, Secondary Stances, And A New Mod / Aura Idea.

Mkilbride

So I was thinking, how about stances for Guns? I mean cmon, hold it to the side, with hand, ect, we can have ones that increase damage, accuracy, just like melee, lots of interesting little tid bits. More variety.

Perhaps an Aura, or a mod, called "Breath Control", which starts off @ 10% efficiency on air usage, that goes up to a max of 75%. Make it be costly. Like Serration. Possible an Aura or mod, not sure which. Stacks with Team mates. It'd be good for high level Survival to allow you to just have fun and not be always worrying about air, plus as Is aid, expensive to rank up, like Serration, 400 cores or so, and 1-2M credits. 

Basically makes air drain slower, as the Tenno has greater control over how fast they're breathing.  Right now your average air Capsule gives 30%, which is around 45 seconds of air.  I think this mod could help, be something to work toward in Survival. Also make it only gettable in Survival.  So that on later waves, when enemies come in packs of 30-40, with many Eximus, energy drainers, ect, what have you, and things get real tough, you can not always be nagging about air.

Or just give us a True Survival mode, nothing to protect. No air. No objective but survive as long as possible.

Honestly, stances for guns sounds stupid.

However, I know a lot of people want aura type mods for primarys/secondaries (even though im against it as primaries and secondaries are strong enough as it is) and I saw an idea a little while ago about weapon specific auras changing the type of bullet rounds a weapon uses. Which I thought was a cool idea (still against it though).

Example being something like "Aura: incendiary rounds. Rounds inflict natural fire damage." or "Split rounds: After a certain distance, bullets split into smaller bullets" Those are just personal ideas and laser weapons would have their own specfic auras that bullet weapons cant use and vice versa. But if this kinda thing was introduced, it have to be done Extremely carefully, as primary and secondary weapons are strong enough with normal mods.

Edit: Your aura idea for survival is a good idea, I do want a straight up survival mode myself.

Edited by Dtexas

Or just give us a True Survival mode, nothing to protect. No air. No objective but survive as long as possible.

Will this be measured in kills or time? Because I can easily hide away in a secret room for half the day then invis to the exit.

Honestly I would like to see attachments for guns rather than stances.

Sure the way you fire a gun and the way you hold it will affect how effective that gun will be, but ultimately in this game, it's down to the gun. Attachments could be a way to add a "stance" to the gun, but in a different way, through the weight and function of attachments. The weight could affect how fast you run or the weapon switch speed. A scope could increase accuracy while aiming (big surprise). A bow string with a heavier draw strength could make you charge a shot slower, but with stronger damage and less drop.

For this to work there would need to be a rework on the stats of guns, redoing some of the stats so that using attachments won't be pointless (adding a scope onto a 100% accuracy gun; adding something that increases projectile speed on a hitscan weapon)

Before we think about guns, how about Melee stances get their individual bonuses, like Crimson Dervish's x3 damage.

Edited by CybrinZ

How about, instead of a gun stance (which sounds weird imo)

We get an attachment that appears somewhere on the gun model?

could provide stat boosts with or without a downside (Like corrupted mods)

A laser sight that provides more accuracy with slower RoF

A Barrel attachment that provides -damage/+Punch-Through 

So I was thinking, how about stances for Guns? I mean cmon, hold it to the side, with hand, ect, we can have ones that increase damage, accuracy, just like melee, lots of interesting little tid bits. More variety.

Perhaps an Aura, or a mod, called "Breath Control", which starts off @ 10% efficiency on air usage, that goes up to a max of 75%. Make it be costly. Like Serration. Possible an Aura or mod, not sure which. Stacks with Team mates. It'd be good for high level Survival to allow you to just have fun and not be always worrying about air, plus as Is aid, expensive to rank up, like Serration, 400 cores or so, and 1-2M credits. 

Basically makes air drain slower, as the Tenno has greater control over how fast they're breathing.  Right now your average air Capsule gives 30%, which is around 45 seconds of air.  I think this mod could help, be something to work toward in Survival. Also make it only gettable in Survival.  So that on later waves, when enemies come in packs of 30-40, with many Eximus, energy drainers, ect, what have you, and things get real tough, you can not always be nagging about air.

The only stance I would want is: "Devil May Cry". Lets you do S#&$ that Dante can do from DMC3. That'd be fun.

Anyway, realistically, guns don't need stances or auras. I like the challenge they present EXACTLY the way they are now.

There are other issues that need to be changed and addressed.

A stance is a method in martial arts that you use pre-offense, sometimes accompanied by a melee weapon. Alternatively, a stance also could be considered the way you hold a melee weapon. I fail to see how may ways you can hold a gun wiht only two arms at your disposal

I think what you meant to say was "give us gun auras", and I support this for the sole purpose of rife amp on penta >.<

Also

Super Jumped from GD.

Jk :P

You cancount on it. This is weapon feedback. Inb4 yaer