Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not A Big Fan Of Pvp And Still Had Fun In Dark Sectors Pvp

Orbister

Well... I am not the biggest fan of PvP as the title says, although i do believe that pvp is a good place for veterans to hang and compete with each other, when there is not much else to do. i really like ranking up weapons and tweaking them, with forma etc, but i always wonder what the goal is in that...

Rank, weapons, forma them, re rank them, etc, repeat repeat repeat.

PvP can provide this "goal" for the endless quest for power. 

I don't know if current PvP is "the ultimate perfect" form of pvp but i had a lot of fun, regardless of any technical issues or balance issues, fighting against intelligent versatile enemies (humans) was a great change of pace in comparison to pve, and the fact that it is not only about killing each other but about completing objectives made it a lot more interesting, as i don't usually play competitive shooting games (never played C.S. or CoD or Battlefield, etc) i don't trust my knowledge to analyze it technically but i certainly had a lot of fun, and i hope DE continues to improve this awesome new experience in the Warframe universe.

Trinity's link needs tweaking, personally I prefer a sniping set up to stay out of the fray, especially as an attacker since dying puts us one step closer to defeat. I use Zephyr for it

Edited by DrazeA

It certainly has potential, and I'd love to see how it changes as they polish it out a bit. I have a lot of trouble playing with friends (we can't group to defend and have to rely on matchmaking), so I'd like to see that changed as soon as possible. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I enjoy DS PvP most when I'm attacking. 

I love the dark sectors, because when I win it's amazing, and when I lose, I change tactics.

Most PvP games I hate because to me it feels like others have an advantage over me. Be it better gear, knowledge, or experience. But in dark sectors is levels that playfield with the rank up system, and if I can't beat someone or I get killed too quickly, I focus on re-specing and finding a better strategy.

And I love that.

However a number of the OP moves need a big nerf like bladestorm did. Getting one shot by auto aim just feels cheap and S#&$ty.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Even with the imbalances, I rarely feel punished for failing or losing or dying. A lot of the time I fail because of my own mistakes, despite all the godmode and instakill loadouts running around. The potential is definitely there, and even now I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just have to iron out everything like we're doing with PvE, and slowly but surely we'll have a very viable end-game possibility (in addition to those yet to come).

Weve turned one around

Now take the rest!

Someday Wf pvp will be better OP

and we can all slaughter eachother and laugh after

Well in fact i think it's pretty good right now, i just didn't say that because i know some PvP purists might disagree, and on the other hand, even tough i'm not the biggest PvPer out there i think it is kinda the way to go in this type of games, actually i stopped playing D3 because they never launched the Arena PvP they have sold us before launch.

Sorry to disapoint you but i've always been a PvP supporter : P

Hopefully we can turn some Pure PvE players around. I think the new system can do it, its a LOT more pve friendly than conclaves.

Edited by Orbister

I can't think of a single PvE focus game that added PvP post-launch with it ever turning out well, or being anything but a drain on personnel and coding time on the devs in question.

Kinda makes me wince each hotfix.

Well then hope warframe is "the one"

I can't think of a single PvE focus game that added PvP post-launch with it ever turning out well, or being anything but a drain on personnel and coding time on the devs in question.

Kinda makes me wince each hotfix.

Its still technically in testing so...

And WF does have a history with PvP