Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tysis With 100% Gas Build?

Guest Tehnoobshow

Question

12 answers to this question

Guest Tehnoobshow

Corrosive or just plain toxic would be best for replicating classic acrid. 

But Gas is AoE Toxic proc, so wouldn't it be straight up better? And Corrosive doesn't deal DoT.

But Gas is AoE Toxic proc, so wouldn't it be straight up better? And Corrosive doesn't deal DoT.

Besides from the negative mod points and such, it should, but I would just swap out Gas for Toxin (bypassing shields and better versus flesh in general), unless you are using this weapon to fight the Infested (but just remember to target the Toxic Ancients first to prevent the Gas damage from being significantly lowered when shooting at Infested enemies within the Toxic Ancient's aura). 

Gas and Toxin deal the same amount of damage when they proc, so go for it.

Please note that Gas is not guaranteed to proc on every shot as some of the Procs will be Corrosive, and that stacking Toxin DoT's  doesn't work very well, it'll just reset the duration. So no matter how many times you proc its just going to be ticking for 25% of base weapon damage every second.

Basically, nothing like how OP the Acrid was and not really any better than it is.

I chose corrosive because it mimics the old acrids light armor melting capabilities. And gas deals reduced damage to cloned flesh and corpus flesh, meaning that it's only good against infested. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Guest Tehnoobshow

I chose corrosive because it mimics the old acrids light armor melting capabilities. And gas deals reduced damage to cloned flesh and corpus flesh, meaning that it's only good against infested. 

The gas bullet itself deals reduced damage vs flesh, yes. But the proc from the GAS CLOUD is actually a TOXIC PROC, and deals toxin damage.

The gas bullet itself deals reduced damage vs flesh, yes. But the proc from the GAS CLOUD is actually a TOXIC PROC, and deals toxin damage.

Thing is though, with Grineer and the Corpus, they tend to spread out a bit, and thus the Gas Toxin AoE status effect is a bit useless at times (will sometimes just act akin to the individual Toxin status effect from the Toxic damage). Better to just have individual Toxic status effects with Toxic damage when fighting them (and it bypasses Corpus shields as well, as well as the increased damage to flesh to put them down quicker). 

Infested tend to clump up when chasing you, so the Gas Toxin AoE status effect would be more useful and efficient there. 

With build shown, only 34% of the single target dps is actually going to come from proc dmg assuming the target tics for the full duration. With punch through mods, the gas proc can have a cascading effect on groups of enemies making it more viable.

If you go for the head, 51% of the single target dps is going to come from proc dmg-I might be wrong here as I'm assuming the cloud of toxic gas can be applied to head shots gaining the additional x2 dmg multiplier. 

I pondered about this a while ago and It just seemed like too much of an effort to get the desired effect while taking away what makes Tysis special ---the corrosive procs. 

Seems a weapon needs to scale well with both critical chance and proc chance mods to be an effective weapon with offense proc dmg.

**note: %'s shown assume target has no armor type.

Edited by Quizel

Guest Tehnoobshow

With build shown, only 34% of the single target dps is actually going to come from proc dmg assuming the target tics for the full duration. With punch through mods, the gas proc can have a cascading effect on groups of enemies making it more viable.

If you go for the head, 51% of the single target dps is going to come from proc dmg-I might be wrong here as I'm assuming the cloud of toxic gas can be applied to head shots gaining the additional x2 dmg multiplier. 

I pondered about this a while ago and It just seemed like too much of an effort to get the desired effect while taking away what makes Tysis special ---the corrosive procs. 

Seems a weapon needs to scale well with both critical chance and proc chance mods to be an effective weapon with offense proc dmg.

**note: %'s shown assume target has no armor type.

So, like the Grinlok I just sold?

So, like the Grinlok I just sold?

Well, going from memory here so be gentle >.>, the grinlok sustained dps kinda low to begin with and the crit stats is just below what I'd think is necessary to have it scale fast enough.

Also, you're almost forced to use HC on a weapon to make dmg proc builds more viable-making those crit build weapons harder to hit the head. Lastly, dmg procs (aside from lightning) take time to tic which is what kills the usefulness.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Latron_prime/t_30_23002222_128-0-3-132-7-5-133-1-5-137-6-10-140-5-5-147-3-5-159-4-5_128-4-133-6-f-f-147-9-159-5-140-5-137-7-132-8/en/2-0-15

last mod could be like HC, Shred, metal auger, or Hammer Shot

heat version very similar that perhaps one day I'd use against grineer with x4 CP Aura but that's more of a stretch.

on paper if you can consistently and rapidly hit hs's, it shows great #'s but I haven't in game tested it since I hate corpus >.>.

Only other weapon I'd use a proc build with (until convinced otherwise) is Dread but I haven't fully thought that out yet. Latron has a fast enough fire rate for its streaky hits to be acceptable. Dread is more about that 1 perfect shot.

Edited by Quizel