Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Bite Drop Rate Been Nerfed

sneakysnail

Question

I farmed 3 bite mods in the early kubrow days but have had poor luck farming one recently. at first I found a bite mod about as often as I found eggs but I've gotten 5 or 6 eggs since my last bite mod. spent around 10 hours or so farming for one the last 3-4 days and only getting the other rare kubrow mods now. like 8 of the other rare kubrow mods since my last bite. is it just my bad luck or is everyone else finding it the same?

10 answers to this question

How early are we talking about? Bite didn't have a proper drop table until they fixed it at some point. Are you perhaps talking about Maul?

As for luck, I've found lots of eggs and some rare Kubrow moda, but NEVER found Bite yet. If you actually have many of them, you've been luckier than me.

How early are we talking about? Bite didn't have a proper drop table until they fixed it at some point. Are you perhaps talking about Maul?

As for luck, I've found lots of eggs and some rare Kubrow moda, but NEVER found Bite yet. If you actually have many of them, you've been luckier than me.

I'm talking about the time when it was first added to drops after only being obtainable from transmuting. 100% talking about bite. I have 20+ Mauls now, I have a trick to farming the kubrows. sometime the kubrows are on patrol (usually 3-4) when they are I leave the patrol alone and go and find the dens, if there's two dens next to each other I destroy one of them before shooting any kubrows and leave the other den untouched. then i kill all the kubrows that are running around(10 or so) desecrate them all and stay by the den. after all the kubrows are dead 4 more kubrows go on patrol, i kill and desecrate them then another 4 come on patrol straight away. you can go on killing like that until you've killed 40 or so kubrows and then no more will leave the den and I think any kubrows in any other den start going on patrol. it's possible to do a run on E prime and kill 100 kubrows each time. that plus desecrate makes it fairly easy to farm. or so I was finding it until recently

Edited by sneakysnail

I did like 50 hours on E-Prime (no joke), I still don't have Shield Recharge or Bite yet. You've been lucky.

I even tried milking them like you mention above - still no Bite.

well if you need shield link or fast deflection let me know. can give you them for free if you want.

as for bite, well i guess I went through a lucky patch and now I'M having bad luck to balance it out XD

sneakysnail thats no longer possible they nurfed that.  After the initial 4-8 you get 3 or 4 spawns total with 1 or 2 coming from each den as long as you don't destroy the den.

they might have nerfed it a bit but not as bad as you are suggesting. I've been able to get 100+ kubrow kills a couple times today