Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow: You Should Be Able To Remove Those In 1 Clic

Galuf

Well actually, space is a vacuum so the kubrow wouldn't instantly freeze since there's nothing for it to conduct or convect heat through, and radiating heat is a slow process.

It's more likely that a single tear will move away from its eyes only for it and our furry friend to flash-boil due to solar radiation.

Did not say that the kubrow was frozen, only the tear.

But I forgot to write the rest of the story, though, so here it comes:

Then the kubrow will raise a middle claw towards you, flash his new bling bling collar made out of 256 Bite (pun intended) mods, and shake his fur, revealing that under the dust of its pelt, was a flashing lotus mark that was so flashy that you know that you will never see something that awesome ever again.

It then activates its rear engine and flies off like a boss.

Did not say that the kubrow was frozen, only the tear.

But I forgot to write the rest of the story, though, so here it comes:

Then the kubrow will raise a middle claw towards you, flash his new bling bling collar made out of 256 Bite (pun intended) mods, and shake his fur, revealing that under the dust of its pelt, was a flashing lotus mark that was so flashy that you know that you will never see something that awesome ever again.

It then activates its rear engine and flies off like a boss.

See you, space cowboy.

It's kind of unfathomable that a completely random breeding system like this didn't account for unwanted results. Thing is, this isn't just about breeding the kubrow with your favorite color printed on it, it's about the function it serves on missions. When you get twelve of the same class of kubrow, not only is it pretty aggravating, but the extras are completely useless to you and do nothing but take up your stasis slots. And then you have to wait out about ten days just to get rid of one. 

Change it so that when a dog gets to 0 due to genetic deterioration, instead of losing all your hard work, it says something like

"Operator, your Kubrow has sustained irreversible genetic damage and cannot be revived.  However your valiant efforts to raise and care for him have not been in vain.  I should be able to painlessly deconstruct his genetic code, returning much of his key resources for you to try and recreate him anew.  The process is irreversible.  Would you like me to proceed?"

People dont lose ALL of the resources that went into them.

Players that think of them as living pets feel better about "letting them go".

Its clear that its a one way process.

Edited by Jugger0

Money grab. Everything else in this game has a sell button barring straight up resource. Why are we changing this system now? Not only should there be a sell button, players should be able to trade the animals. How's that for revolutionary? Plus RP wise, it's plain more humane to be able to trade animals.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

still waiting on the "release into the wild" or "sell" option, i know they will add it, despite whats been said they would be foolish not to. as for money making they still make some on rushing incubations, power cores and whatnot when people are too impatient to wait or only spend credits? seems like win/win to me.

Money grab. Everything else in this game has a sell button barring straight up resource. Why are we changing this system now? Not only should there be a sell button, players should be able to trade the animals. How's that for revolutionary? Plus RP wise, it's plain more humane to be able to trade animals.

DE: Less RNG?

HELL NO

The reason there was no one click delete option was to slow down the sales of prints from people that will just focus on that. This is obvious from what we can see now  how this turned out.

With the original system you should have been able to get the kub you wanted after a few hatches and rolls of the color printer. But some people flipped out that after spending hundreds of plat they still did not get what they wanted. So that got taken out to be looked at.... and look at what we have in the meantime....prints selling for hundreds of plat. Even to get some basic colors you may have to end up paying around 20 most of the time which is DOUBLE the prince at one shot at the color printer.

You werent supposed to have a bazillion kubs in statis.

Hek, print sellers now have alternate accounts to make even MORE prints.

You can also check this out in the trade section and see a bunch of accounts with 0 posts that have just been made pouring out with Lotus prints of every kind.

This is what they were trying to stop but because of the flip out over the color printer now the only option available is buying prints if you are going for a specific thing.

The option to get rid of kubs wont come until they figure out a new color-pattern thing.

*snip*

This guy at least can see a bigger picture. DE was hoping there would be reasonable people in this game. They were once again proven wrong.

Instead of people getting a pet, or maybe two, too many people instantly wanted to min-max Kubrows, breed them, get the right pattern, sell those for Plat, and generally treat it not like a pet game, but as another bunch of numbers to mess with.

If you gave a Tamagothi toy to the average gamer this days, they would probably go online to find hacks, in order to not have to feed it or look after it, but still keep it to go show to mates and go "look how healthy I'm keeping it". Welcome to Kubrows.

When you have people that actually state that they cannot take out their Kubrows on missions because they are so angry over them being the wrong color, you are dealing with mad people, and there is no fixing that.

You don't have pets do you? Just a question

Kubrows are working animals. Not pets.  If I owned sheep and somebody said "Hey, do you want a dog?"  my response would not immediately be "Sure, I love dogs!"  Rather, I would want a dog that can be trained to work with sheep so I would find out what kind of dog it was BEFORE I got it.  Same if a police department was getting dogs for training as K9 Units....they wouldn't just accept any random mutt that people feel like giving them, they have specific requirements for what the dog has to be.

You can't compare the completely silly situation in Warframe to real life.  In real life people find out what they can about a working animal, or even a pet, before they accept financial and ethical responsibility for it.  Warframe doesn't give us the option to be responsible owners.

Kubrows are working animals. Not pets.  If I owned sheep and somebody said "Hey, do you want a dog?"  my response would not immediately be "Sure, I love dogs!"  Rather, I would want a dog that can be trained to work with sheep so I would find out what kind of dog it was BEFORE I got it.  Same if a police department was getting dogs for training as K9 Units....they wouldn't just accept any random mutt that people feel like giving them, they have specific requirements for what the dog has to be.

You can't compare the completely silly situation in Warframe to real life.  In real life people find out what they can about a working animal, or even a pet, before they accept financial and ethical responsibility for it.  Warframe doesn't give us the option to be responsible owners.

Cops do accept any random mutt. They just test them for their temperament and if they pass they are in.

Sure, some breeds are preferable but those are pick for ease of use.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

This guy at least can see a bigger picture. DE was hoping there would be reasonable people in this game. They were once again proven wrong.

Instead of people getting a pet, or maybe two, too many people instantly wanted to min-max Kubrows, breed them, get the right pattern, sell those for Plat, and generally treat it not like a pet game, but as another bunch of numbers to mess with.

If you gave a Tamagothi toy to the average gamer this days, they would probably go online to find hacks, in order to not have to feed it or look after it, but still keep it to go show to mates and go "look how healthy I'm keeping it". Welcome to Kubrows.

When you have people that actually state that they cannot take out their Kubrows on missions because they are so angry over them being the wrong color, you are dealing with mad people, and there is no fixing that.

I'm surrounded with madmen/women and didn't even know it... Altough we're all a little bit mad when you think about it...

agree with thread. kubrows need to be disposed of in the most humane way possible. starving kubrows to death after committing genocide only to steal kubrow eggs is hearltess. glad this game wasnt as popular as world of warcraft or league of legends, otherwise this kubrow torture madness will be all over mmo sites.